Daniel Sprong

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Picard left the lions late last night...

Rumors have it that this opens a door for Sprong..

Signs point to an espoir player being brought up...

A few people have told me that Sprong WILL NOT be a Lion period..

This should tell us just how bad things are between the 2 parties..

Last edited:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Picard left the lions late last night...

Rumors have it that this opens a door for Sprong..

Signs point to an espoir player being brought up...

A few people have told me that Sprong WILL NOT be a Lion period..

This should tell us just how bad things are between the 2 parties..
How does it open the door for Sprong if people have said he will not be a Lion?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
He's up to 18 points in six games (9+9) in Espoir after a big weekend.
Any news on him joining the Lions?

Punch Imlach Reborn

Dec 19, 2007
Daniel Bringing Attention to a pretty Strong Espoir team

They just noticed that ?

we have been discussing the quality of player Daniel Sprong is and how he should be playing at a higher level, but one thing that he has done at the espoir level is he has brought the Quebec Major Scouts to the Tigers games and while they can all see what Daniel can do on the ice, the scouts also see what the other strong Tigers can do... they seem to have as many as 10 Q teams tracking them right now...that bodes well for some of the other kids who are looking to the Q as their future....

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
having had the chance to see the Tigers play this season, I must say, Punch Imlach Reborn you are 100% correct.
That team goes way further than just Daniel, and it's not surprising to see the record they have

CarlBrewer

May 28, 2011
we have been discussing the quality of player Daniel Sprong is and how he should be playing at a higher level, but one thing that he has done at the espoir level is he has brought the Quebec Major Scouts to the Tigers games and while they can all see what Daniel can do on the ice, the scouts also see what the other strong Tigers can do... they seem to have as many as 10 Q teams tracking them right now...that bodes well for some of the other kids who are looking to the Q as their future....

Yes they may be there to look at the young "jedi" Sprong, but you have to remember that there are 8 rounds where 15 year-olds can be taken now at the Q draft. This requires a better scouting job. So, scouts can no longer just go to the 2 or 3 midget espoir tournaments to scout the espoir kids. They have to grind it out at espoir games.
panning for gold.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
his team won 6-2 this morning, he had 2 assists.

so far this year... 17 regular season game... 54 points
6 tournament games...13 points

team is a powerhouse 20-2-3

only 2 losses coming when 5 regulars including Daniel, were not in the lineup

qc2nf

Jan 7, 2013
I saw him play at the aaa tournament in Quebec City last November. This kid is a very skilled offensive player who no doubt will be a high first round pick.

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
I have a funny feeling that Sprong may pull a Duclair... Just a gut feeling, but I'm not positive. He seems like the type of player Roy would try to target.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I have a funny feeling that Sprong may pull a Duclair... Just a gut feeling, but I'm not positive. He seems like the type of player Roy would try to target.

You aren't the first to bring up that Sprong may go to the Remparts..

You could say Sprong got a bit of redemption last night, the LSL Lions were eliminated on home ice...

I was there, it wasn't a great showing.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Sprong put up 104 points in just 30 games... Ridiculous.
Would anyone take him 1st ?

No, he will likely get picked 5th to 8th.

Jeremy Roy just had by far the best offensive Qc Midget AAA season for a 15 year old defenceman in the past 15 years. Beauvilier scored the most goals for a 15 year old forward in the past 15 years. The level of play is significantly higher in Midget AAA.
And Nicolas Roy, already 6'4" with loads of skills may go first overall when it is all said and done.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
No, he will likely get picked 5th to 8th.

Jeremy Roy just had by far the best offensive Qc Midget AAA season for a 15 year old defenceman in the past 15 years. Beauvilier scored the most goals for a 15 year old forward in the past 15 years. The level of play is significantly higher in Midget AAA.
And Nicolas Roy, already 6'4" with loads of skills may go first overall when it is all said and done.
Sprong's going to be a steal, his stats shouldn't be overlooked IMO.

Jeremy Roy played a year up, as did Beauvillier so that certainly helps them, I really think Sprong will keep proving people wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad