Daniel Sprong

Oilersfan2487

Mar 2, 2013
Montreal
CSR List-1st round

The list came out today, don't have much of an argument with the rankings....teams will decide what they are drafting to fit their needs...It was good to see that Daniel Sprong received the respect he deserved ranking 6th...

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
How is Sprong coming along in the QMJHL? His stats look rather good but I'd love to hear some reports from people that have seen him play live.

It would be very cool if a Dutch born player would make it to the NHL again.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
How is Sprong coming along in the QMJHL? His stats look rather good but I'd love to hear some reports from people that have seen him play live.

It would be very cool if a Dutch born player would make it to the NHL again.

He's doing VERY well

is in the running for rookie of the year

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Left off the U17 team, likely due to citizenship.
Very disappointing.

Cedream

Apr 21, 2013
Saint-Eustache
Is that not why LSL couldn't take him last year? That was what I thought and the posts above this one ^ about LSL passing on Sprong confuse me lol

only speculading here, but ive heard that he had been cut cause is dad and him didnt get along with the coach.

Again im not 100% sure of this!

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Has nothing to do with him not being a citizen....

to play Midget Espoir like he did last year, you need to be a Canadian citizen.

We all know hockey Quebec wont say anything but I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this one.

EDIT: I've been told to be eligible he had to be a Canadian Citizen by a certain date and he wont meet that requirement

Last edited:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
This kid has dominated at EVERY level he played and continues to do so

I expect him to be top 10 scorer next year in the Q and in my opinion his draft year be drafted top 7

bet on it

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
This kid has dominated at EVERY level he played and continues to do so

I expect him to be top 10 scorer next year in the Q and in my opinion his draft year be drafted top 7

bet on it

You dont gotta sell him to me, Ive coached him, I know what he brings to the table on and off the ice as well as in practice.

as for your post... I agree

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I'm starting to buy into Sprong. It'll take more than 20 odd games to sell me but I'm getting there ;)

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Is that not why LSL couldn't take him last year? That was what I thought and the posts above this one ^ about LSL passing on Sprong confuse me lol
Yes, the reasoning I have always read is that he was not a citizen, only a permanent resident.

Has nothing to do with him not being a citizen....

to play Midget Espoir like he did last year, you need to be a Canadian citizen.

We all know hockey Quebec wont say anything but I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this one.

EDIT: I've been told to be eligible he had to be a Canadian Citizen by a certain date and he wont meet that requirement
Exactly, it has everything to do with citizenship.

He's a permanent resident and was allowed to play Espoir, but was ineligible for AAA because a permanent resident is not a citizen.
Hockey Québec clearly wanted him, as he played in the Gold Cup in the spring and was invited to the summer camp, but it's difficult to get a kid citizenship as they are not of age.

nolongeramember

Oct 20, 2013
Watching Sprong play all year i can definitely says he is an elite offensive player at this level. Definitely needs to work on back check/defensive play and off ice attitude, being told he is not really a team player doesn't worry if team wins as long as he gets points, that will have to change if he wants to go anywhere. but he is still young and has a lot of growing up to do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->