Daniel Sprong

BLBarmada

Rumor has it he reported to the LSL Lions camp...

Who's better at the same age ? He or Matthew Cusson ?

What about he and Audette at the same age ?

Hockey Buff

Aug 18, 2011
It will be highly unlikely that Sprong reports to the Lions camp this year or any year. As for the comparison of Cusson and Sprong, they are different players. They bring different elements to the rink.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Sprong cannot play MD AAA as he is not a Canadian citizen. This is one of the reasons he left Canada to play in the US.

An amazing player. Too bad he left. He could and would change games singlehandlely. He played against my son's team - I witnessed this first hand. That team was not the same once he left - obviously.

BLBarmada

Like I said apparently he's at their camp.... Citizen things can change you know..

BLBarmada

Being at camp and being on a team are 2 very different things though. For example, Sidney Crosby was at L.A Kings camp when he was 16...

Yes but lions brass can pull strings.. And have before.. It's not a huge problem... They can work that out..

MattSens65

Apr 3, 2011
Montreal
Wow, i remember many years back when i was playing Pee-Wee AA vs Sprongs' team, only that it was my 2nd year in Pee-Wee and he was still Atome aged, kid scored 2 goals and his team won the game 2-0. Unbelievable that i see a thread on HFboards about him 4-5 years later....

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
He is not at the camp. I have friends whose kids are attending the camp and I would have heard about it. Also my son would have known about it and he has not heard anything. It would have have been on Facebook.

BLBarmada

He is not at the camp. I have friends whose kids are attending the camp and I would have heard about it. Also my son would have known about it and he has not heard anything. It would have have been on Facebook.

Kid on my lacrosse team is at camp... He said the same thing, he said LSL doesn't want him and that both he an his dad are ******.... Interesting.

To the OP, He played up in Bantam aswell.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
He was not at the camp and is not allowed to play Midget AAA

Was a big thing about it before the 2011-2012 season when the Espoir LSL Tigers tried to get him surclassed to play for them.

non canadian citizens cannot play Espoir or AAA

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Can't play because he isn't a citizen? What the hell is wrong with HC? Morons! Let the kid play and give the fam citizenship. :)

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Just an FYI, Sprong is confirmed to be playing with Oakville of the OMHA this year in Ontario.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Is that AAA ? Or Minor Midget ?

Its Minor Midget AAA.

In Ontario we have both Major Midget AAA (This year with 96's and 95's) and Minor Midget (with 97s).

All draft eligible players play minor midget, except for a select few who for whatevever reason choose to play Major.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Its Minor Midget AAA.

In Ontario we have both Major Midget AAA (This year with 96's and 95's) and Minor Midget (with 97s).

All draft eligible players play minor midget, except for a select few who for whatevever reason choose to play Major.
This means he's got his Canadian papers then yes ?
And he will play OHL hockey too ?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
This means he's got his Canadian papers then yes ?
And he will play OHL hockey too ?

I have no idea regarding his draft future. He established residency in Pennsylvania last January, which is an OHL territory. I know other players with less history of residency have been approved for the OHL Draft.

Usually in these situations it comes down to what the player/family wants.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I have no idea regarding his draft future. He established residency in Pennsylvania last January, which is an OHL territory. I know other players with less history of residency have been approved for the OHL Draft.

Usually in these situations it comes down to what the player/family wants.

Intresting choice of decision for the family.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I'm not being sarcastic, but why is there a thread of this kid ? Was he supposed to report to the Q ? I couldn't find him on any Q team's protected lists..

Hes to young to be on any protected lists....

There is a thread because, judging by the responses, people are interested.

Q7scout

Nov 1, 2011
Hes to young to be on any protected lists....

There is a thread because, judging by the responses, people are interested.

He is a 97 born player who got lots of hype when he was younger by both his play and his on ice antics (taking puck from team-mates, father beating up other father's mouthing off at crowd etc.)

Still a good player but seems to be getting more hype because of the latter now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad