Daniel Sprong

habsfan22

Jul 7, 2013
Watching Sprong has been exciting this season here in Charlottetown, I'm excited to see what he'll do in the future for us. Very impressive so far as a rookie.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Sprong impressed me more and more everytime I see him play. He's adjusted much quicker than I thought he would , being an Espoir player last season. You'd never know he's a rookie by the way he plays and has been Charlottetown's best player on several occasions. He's very smart and has amazing vision. He plays the perimeter and distributes the puck well. Good hands, fast release and very accurate with his shot and crisp passes. He's an offensive guru but has been better than expected in all three zones. He hasn't been a liability and is good without the puck. Very excited to watch him grow as a player. He'll be a 100+ point player at 19 & 20 (presuming he's still in the league). Islanders had a great draft getting both him and Goulet. They were very lucky he was still on the board at #13. He's making a good case to be a top-60 , if not , top-30 pick in the NHL draft.

Cedream

Apr 21, 2013
Saint-Eustache
Sprong impressed me more and more everytime I see him play. He's adjusted much quicker than I thought he would , being an Espoir player last season. You'd never know he's a rookie by the way he plays and has been Charlottetown's best player on several occasions. He's very smart and has amazing vision. He plays the perimeter and distributes the puck well. Good hands, fast release and very accurate with his shot and crisp passes. He's an offensive guru but has been better than expected in all three zones. He hasn't been a liability and is good without the puck. Very excited to watch him grow as a player. He'll be a 100+ point player at 19 & 20 (presuming he's still in the league). Islanders had a great draft getting both him and Goulet. They were very lucky he was still on the board at #13. He's making a good case to be a top-60 , if not , top-30 pick in the NHL draft.

That kid is incredible. Keep saying that islanders made a huge steal with him. I was laughing my ass of when a see him going down so low haha

Cedream

Apr 21, 2013
Saint-Eustache
Personally, im not ready to say that this early, theres still a lot of hockey to play until 2015 draft. But he will be a 1rst round for sure. Id put money on that

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Personally, im not ready to say that this early, theres still a lot of hockey to play until 2015 draft. But he will be a 1rst round for sure. Id put money on that

2nd in the COUNTRY 1997 born players in points...behind only McDavid...he's going TOP 10

Cedream

Apr 21, 2013
Saint-Eustache
Ive coached him, I know what he brings to the table, Ive seen 6 of his games this year, He;s going top 10

Ive seen him play a lot too. I know hes a really gifted player, but how many 97 players have you seen play except Sprong ? You cannot really make a clear opinion when you dont know who are the other player coming up.

Im not saying that hes not gonna go in the TOP 10, he got the upside for that, but i just think its a little bit soon to call itt

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Ive seen him play a lot too. I know hes a really gifted player, but how many 97 players have you seen play except Sprong ? You cannot really make a clear opinion when you dont know who are the other player coming up.

Im not saying that hes not gonna go in the TOP 10, he got the upside for that, but i just think its a little bit soon to call itt

the list is long of players that were "the" show at 16/17 and aren't in the NHL today, or didn't even come close.
If he keeps progressing as a player on both ends of the ice, he could be a top 10 pick.

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
There was NO issue, AT ALL

ppl just like to talk without knowing anything.

Do you know Daniel?
Do you know his family?

Stop believing everything you read on the internet.

Geez was just asking the poster to see what his answer would be.

I don't know him but know people who do know him and his family and they've said nothing but good things about them. From everything I have been told he is a good kid and they can't say enough good things about him.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Geez was just asking the poster to see what his answer would be.

I don't know him but know people who do know him and his family and they've said nothing but good things about them. From everything I have been told he is a good kid and they can't say enough good things about him.

wasnt twords you.... was for the other guy who claimed he went late in the Q for certain reasons

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
There was NO issue, AT ALL

ppl just like to talk without knowing anything.

Do you know Daniel?
Do you know his family?

Stop believing everything you read on the internet.

If there's no issues, can you explain me why he was drafted so late in the first round?

I don't know him personally nor his family, and I'm not saying that he has any kind of problems.

But, honestly, there was probably something teams didn't like for him to be drafted 13th.

I'm just wondering if the same thing could happen in a NHL draft.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
If there's no issues, can you explain me why he was drafted so late in the first round?

I don't know him personally nor his family, and I'm not saying that he has any kind of problems.

But, honestly, there was probably something teams didn't like for him to be drafted 13th.

I'm just wondering if the same thing could happen in a NHL draft.

Talent-wise, was he realy the 13th best player?

I know the family, and having coached him, I certainly know him, theirs no reason for his slipping that low.

Teams did not like the fact that he did not play Midget AAA.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I know the family, and having coached him, I certainly know him, theirs no reason for his slipping that low.

Teams did not like the fact that he did not play Midget AAA.

See above.

Lots of people were concerned about him having picked up bad habits in espoir.

If he had of been surclassed in Midget AAA last year he would of gotten EPS, he's that good.

His citizenship didn't help him, and he is working on becoming Canadian, that's from his own mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->