Daniel Sprong

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
He is a 97 born player who got lots of hype when he was younger by both his play and his on ice antics (taking puck from team-mates, father beating up other father's mouthing off at crowd etc.)

Still a good player but seems to be getting more hype because of the latter now.
Do you have more on the father's antics ??? I would like to know more, this isn't the first I've heard about the Sprongs...

ReppingMTL

Mar 22, 2012
He is a 97 born player who got lots of hype when he was younger by both his play and his on ice antics (taking puck from team-mates, father beating up other father's mouthing off at crowd etc.)

Still a good player but seems to be getting more hype because of the latter now.

Not true at all, you make up the views of things you have heard and not seen yourself. He has earned his hype by his own merit. Exceptional at a very young age and continues to excel even to this year, where he was the top scorer on the team who won the state championship.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Not true at all, you make up the views of things you have heard and not seen yourself. He has earned his hype by his own merit. Exceptional at a very young age and continues to excel even to this year, where he was the top scorer on the team who won the state championship.

The same state team that he joined midway through the year ?

And multiple people have said that he and the father aren't very nice..

ReppingMTL

Mar 22, 2012
That's not what I was emphasizing though. For people to say, he gets hype for the wrong reasons isn't right. He had a stellar year on the team that he joined midway through the year. The team ended up winning the state championship and he was the top scorer of the tourney ahead of guys like Noel.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
That's not what I was emphasizing though. For people to say, he gets hype for the wrong reasons isn't right. He had a stellar year on the team that he joined midway through the year. The team ended up winning the state championship and he was the top scorer of the tourney ahead of guys like Noel.
What I worry about is his father...

He scored 30 goals in like 15 games in Bantam AA...

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Guess he must have citizenship then.
Does anyone know if he was cut by Oakville and or if he chose to come back on his own?

Weird that he's playing Espoir and not AAA.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
All I've seen is "could not get his international release".

Would be interesting to hear the full story.

that was last year.
That was clearly lifted.

was wondering the story he knows as to why Daniel is in Espoir and not with the Lions in AAA

Q7scout

Nov 1, 2011

I do not have these "views of things I've heard".....I've seen with my own eyes..... his father physically attack Dan Marois at a Spring Hockey tournament in Toronto as did many other parents. All because he thought Daniel was hit to hard by Dan's son Nick...I've seen him (Daniel) take puck off his own teammates on more that one occasion. I know parents who have taken their son's off his team to show that they do not agree with some of the behaviour of Daniel and his father.

These are not my opinions as I normally post on here.....these are facts that I and others have witness on more than one occasion.

With all that being said I still say he is a good player.....nothing special but a good player at his age level.

I debated greatly over posting this post as many of the things I've said here are not good. However they are true, but people can change and I'm sure he is a good kid at heart and will continue to get better as he matures.

I wish him the best of luck!

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I do not have these "views of things I've heard".....I've seen with my own eyes..... his father physically attack Dan Marois at a Spring Hockey tournament in Toronto as did many other parents. All because he thought Daniel was hit to hard by Dan's son Nick...I've seen him (Daniel) take puck off his own teammates on more that one occasion. I know parents who have taken their son's off his team to show that they do not agree with some of the behaviour of Daniel and his father.

These are not my opinions as I normally post on here.....these are facts that I and others have witness on more than one occasion.

With all that being said I still say he is a good player.....nothing special but a good player at his age level.

I debated greatly over posting this post as many of the things I've said here are not good. However they are true, but people can change and I'm sure he is a good kid at heart and will continue to get better as he matures.

I wish him the best of luck!

Everyone you say is true.

To put things short, anyone you talk to about Daniel Sprong will trell you that his father is insane... That's probably being nice..

Dan Marois is a member of Dollard hockey, he's a developper there, the Lions are based in Dollard.

A person high up in DDO told me that Daniel's an exceptional player, has all the talent in the world, and is so good that teams will make concessions for him... He has confirmed that Sprong's father has on ocassions attacked parents, and gotten into verbal altercations with parents, and yelled at the kids for not passing to his son... He says he can places and teams will take him cause he's that good..

I've heard mixed things on Daniel, some tell me his nice, others tell me he's "a dick". I know someone who had a son in his team I'll try to bring it up.

The whole citizenship thing was bull and smoke in the air. The real reason is this:

Jon Goyens is the face in Lac-St-Louis with the Lions, but Svoboda, Karl and Peter are the ones in charge. I get them confused but Karl and Daniels father had a major arguement which lead to the Lions refusing to invite Sprong to camp...

The above used to be a rumour but I've gotten confirmations about it... No one I know in the Lions knows much, and knows even less about the Sprong situation. I have thought prodding Svoboda but its tough... He's a scary guy...

Daniel may be many things, but he has to take control of his hockey career.

No Quebec AAA team will touch a Lac-St-Louis Kid, unless he's special... But even Sprong has too much baggage..

Something has to give as this year's Lions are awful... And Sprong would carry the team...

However the Lions have had their share of primadonnas...

Drouin, Duclair, Deluca... Fournier.. Verroneau... Etc.. I can go on..

I think he will end up with them, but only when he takes charge.

I warn all posters be careful of what you say regarding Sprong... This is a well known site to those in LSL...

Let me add, what I said above is 90% word of mouth, but it comes from reliable non biased sources...

Atleast I think so.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
that was last year.
That was clearly lifted.

was wondering the story he knows as to why Daniel is in Espoir and not with the Lions in AAA
It was said re: him not being in Oakville this season.
Not sure if Ontario has different rules or something but that's what was said.

Sounds like this kid is a load of trouble.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I think he's got his citizenship...

I don't think it's the kid, it's really his father.
I do too since he participated in the Allstate event, which required citizenship, but there may have been a problem with getting his card transferred so he could play in Oakville.

I'm not saying it's Daniel either, but parents obviously have a lot of say in things at this level and teams work closely with them.
From what you and others are saying, it may be a bit difficult to work with his.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I do too since he participated in the Allstate event, which required citizenship, but there may have been a problem with getting his card transferred so he could play in Oakville.

I'm not saying it's Daniel either, but parents obviously have a lot of say in things at this level and teams work closely with them.
From what you and others are saying, it may be a bit difficult to work with his.
I think your right. A bit's being nice..

I'll see what I can find out about the father.. With them back in west island information is hard to come by.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I think your right. A bit's being nice..

I'll see what I can find out about the father.. With them back in west island information is hard to come by.
Well, I've never met him or his family so I can't really speak for myself.
Hell, I've barely seen him play (only twice, the Allstate game and in Buffalo at the Nationals when he was with the Wilkes-Barre Igor Larionov Knights :laugh:) and he's skilled no doubt, but if the parents are a problem, it doesn't matter how skilled he is.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Well, I've never met him or his family so I can't really speak for myself.
Hell, I've barely seen him play (only twice, the Allstate game and in Buffalo at the Nationals when he was with the Wilkes-Barre Igor Larionov Knights :laugh:) and he's skilled no doubt, but if the parents are a problem, it doesn't matter how skilled he is.
I agree, but from what I know it's only the father.

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
Let me add, what I said above is 90% word of mouth, but it comes from reliable non biased sources...

Atleast I think so.

why would you post some of the allegations you posted if they are based on the above?

I'm sure Jon Goyens is appreciative of reading such stuff that is based on word of mouth and you think is true.

The only facts in evidence is that Mr. Sprong attacked Mr. Marois as that is a matter of public record. The rest are all pretty much allegations, rumors and innuendos.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
why would you post some of the allegations you posted if they are based on the above?

I'm sure Jon Goyens is appreciative of reading such stuff that is based on word of mouth and you think is true.

The only facts in evidence is that Mr. Sprong attacked Mr. Marois as that is a matter of public record. The rest are all pretty much allegations, rumors and innuendos.

Why not ? I have no bias twords him... I think it's a shame that parents, pride and politics have gotten in the way of a kid's development.. I'm just answering a question...

I'm wouldn't know if he does or doesn't. Does he really care for what some guy on the Internet has to say ?

I heard it from others, who have no reason to hamper a kid's reputation. Atleast I think... Been wrong before though.

Last edited:

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
Sprong seems like a player who is only thinking on going to a few teams… He'll definetly have a shortlist. I'd assume he'll still easily be a first round pick, but like said he does have a bad attitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00