Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2014-15

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Bødker is on fire!, - another highlight goal.
That makes it 5G in the last 4 games.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
nice to see..coyotes just keep losing. Hope he commits to the NT

That could be in danger now with spleen surgery. Out 4-6 weeks, so that means until the start of march? They will probably keep him in Arizona on the off season for checkups :(

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
That could be in danger now with spleen surgery. Out 4-6 weeks, so that means until the start of march? They will probably keep him in Arizona on the off season for checkups :(

I think that's it then. They are gonna want to risk him..And I'm not sure Bødker would fight it
While Bødker is out O. Lauridsen has been called up by the flyers! Well deserved!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Great news! nice to get another stint. A little surprised

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
As mentioned else where George Sorensen is #10 among on NHL Central Scoutings midterms list. Matias Lassen is #98 among international skaters.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Being somewhat quiet with Danes either injured or non-productive lately it's really Frederik Andersen that shows the colours at the moment.
So let's see how fast he will hit the 50 win mark compared with other NHL goaltenders through time.
According to the NHL site he has 47 wins so far in 69 matches. That must be pretty good......

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Frans Nielsen maintained the all-time shootout lead with a trademark back-hander.
He also played his 500th NHL game a little while ago, and will play his 500th regular season game on Sunday.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Frans Nielsen maintained the all-time shootout lead with a trademark back-hander.
He also played his 500th NHL game a little while ago, and will play his 500th regular season game on Sunday.

After a period with very few Danish points, Frans Nielsen got an assist and Lars Eller a goal.
So let's hope Frans Nielsen can get back to scoring more than shootout goals in his 500'th game tonight against Buffalo.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
So the WC-participant watch...

There's roughly three weeks between the regular season in the NHL ends and the WC stars. So first round exit-guys should be last minute additions. The AHL ends a week later, so that might be a bit more tight-scheduled for guys to make it back from. Denmark doesn't play a "important" game before five days into the tournament, when Belarus is on the menu, so that might buy some time. But for now:

Frederik Andersen: NHL Playoff bound - If not robbed of his spot by the malicious Anaheim organization, that'll play Gibson at any cost ;)
Lars Eller: NHL Playoff bound
Frans Nielsen: NHL Playoff bound
Jannik Hansen: NHL Playoff candidate with good chances
Mikkel Bødker: Injured, have lost nine kilos according to Ritzau. Recovery will be everything.

Nicklas Jensen: Canucks a NHL Playoff candidate with good chances // AHL Playoff bound
Oliver Lauridsen: Likely free of NHL Playoffs // 6 points out of the AHL Playoff.
Markus Lauridsen: Colorado a candidate to the NHL Playoffs but on the outside looking in. Even if they get in, Markus is not a sure fire black aces // 3 points out of the AHL Playof
Peter Regin: NHL playoff bound. Likely black aces IMO. // Likely AHL Playoff bound.

Nikolaj Ehlers: Playoff starts a couple of weeks before the NHL regular season ends. By my count a trip to the finals could do him out of the WC. Semis are borderline. Any exit before that should be no problem. I think two teams or something like that doesn't reach the playoff in QMJHL, so he'll be there // There's no danger of him going to the AHL playoffs. They're 8 points out.
Oliver Bjorkstrand: Much the same story as with Ehlers... // ...with the difference, that Columbus' AHL team is looking like a AHL Playoff Team, so there's that danger.

So... a quick glance at the current standings seems to suggest that Ehlers and the Lauridsen brothers are the possible additions to the WC-team.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
So the WC-participant watch...

There's roughly three weeks between the regular season in the NHL ends and the WC stars. So first round exit-guys should be last minute additions. The AHL ends a week later, so that might be a bit more tight-scheduled for guys to make it back from. Denmark doesn't play a "important" game before five days into the tournament, when Belarus is on the menu, so that might buy some time. But for now:

Frederik Andersen: NHL Playoff bound - If not robbed of his spot by the malicious Anaheim organization, that'll play Gibson at any cost ;)
Lars Eller: NHL Playoff bound
Frans Nielsen: NHL Playoff bound
Jannik Hansen: NHL Playoff candidate with good chances
Mikkel Bødker: Injured, have lost nine kilos according to Ritzau. Recovery will be everything.

Nicklas Jensen: Canucks a NHL Playoff candidate with good chances // AHL Playoff bound
Oliver Lauridsen: Likely free of NHL Playoffs // 6 points out of the AHL Playoff.
Markus Lauridsen: Colorado a candidate to the NHL Playoffs but on the outside looking in. Even if they get in, Markus is not a sure fire black aces // 3 points out of the AHL Playof
Peter Regin: NHL playoff bound. Likely black aces IMO. // Likely AHL Playoff bound.

Nikolaj Ehlers: Playoff starts a couple of weeks before the NHL regular season ends. By my count a trip to the finals could do him out of the WC. Semis are borderline. Any exit before that should be no problem. I think two teams or something like that doesn't reach the playoff in QMJHL, so he'll be there // There's no danger of him going to the AHL playoffs. They're 8 points out.
Oliver Bjorkstrand: Much the same story as with Ehlers... // ...with the difference, that Columbus' AHL team is looking like a AHL Playoff Team, so there's that danger.

So... a quick glance at the current standings seems to suggest that Ehlers and the Lauridsen brothers are the possible additions to the WC-team.

Andersen is injured and have been overplayed the last couple of months. You think Ducks will risk him at the WC? I doubt it.

1st round of the playoffs in NHL should be done before WC begins. But we could face a possible WC national roster without any NHL players this year. Could be fun to watch Ehlers and Bjorkstrand in action with the seniors.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Well, we have to take Ehlers and Bjorkstrand if that pans out...We could be really screwed. But lets see. We have lucked out before.

I could be a little worried that they might not be allowed to go. I think the Jets plan on giving ehlers a roster spot next season, and he has had a very long season already. But an Ehlers-Bjorkstrand line with a good expirienced center sounds mouth watering. ehlers on big ice=
tumblr_static_g4otnau.gif

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
No? Where do you get that impression from my post?

It wasnt directed at you in person, but you are the only one that brought it up so far :)

My point was merely that I very much doubt that Andersen will be given permission to play WC should Ducks be eliminated in the first playoff round. At this point he is the only goalie that seems capable of performing at a high level on a regular basis and it would be a disaster for the Ducks if he were getting injured off season. It might rush the Ducks organisation to rush Gibson at a pace they are not comftable with.

Edit: Everything at this point is speculation. A lot can happen in the next three months. I am looking more forward to the olympic qualification next yeat to be honest, but even more can happen until then.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
It wasnt directed at you in person, but you are the only one that brought it up so far :)

My point was merely that I very much doubt that Andersen will be given permission to play WC should Ducks be eliminated in the first playoff round. At this point he is the only goalie that seems capable of performing at a high level on a regular basis and it would be a disaster for the Ducks if he were getting injured off season. It might rush the Ducks organisation to rush Gibson at a pace they are not comftable with.

Edit: Everything at this point is speculation. A lot can happen in the next three months. I am looking more forward to the olympic qualification next yeat to be honest, but even more can happen until then.

Well agree to agree then :laugh::)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
So..... Those who's in the know: How is Nicklas Jensen doing?

Only thing i have seen lately is as collateral in a potential trade with the jets but that's over now.

Nicklas Jensen is another former first-round pick with decent size, a good set of hands and an above-average shot. He’ll be a player at some point and he’s of Danish descent, so he could also serve as a mentor for the Jets’ top prospect, Nikolaj Ehlers. The Canucks could afford to part with both those players and toss in a 2015 second-round pick to seal the deal.

his stats are bad.

In his last 17 AHL games, he's 2-2-4 and a -12. And from the game reports is playing every bit as poor as his stat line.

Hard to have much hope for this player.

he's always produced as many (if not more) goals than assists, but 16 assists in 114 career ahl games (0.14 assists/game) is pretty pathetic

at this point he's not much more than a throw-in prospect as part of a deal

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I get to watch Jensen and he is a complete bust imo. Will never be in the NHL. He is frustrating, has the tools but seems lazy.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So how will Andersen being injured affect him coming back?

Gibson has had a few bad games and a few stellar games, which by Gibson standards equates to super.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
So how will Andersen being injured affect him coming back?

Gibson has had a few bad games and a few stellard games, which by Gibson standards equates to super.

I think there is no doubt that Andersen is the starter for the playoffs. If he plays bad in the first few games then maybe goalie Jesus will take over but Freddy is absolutely the number 1 right now

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I think there is no doubt that Andersen is the starter for the playoffs. If he plays bad in the first few games then maybe goalie Jesus will take over but Freddy is absolutely the number 1 right now

:laugh:

I think you are right, at least let us hope you are :)

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Then again, the coach in Anaheim does not always follow protocol and has played mindgames with both goalie Jesus and Andersen before, hurting them both imo.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Whats wrong Nielsen by the way? Only 12 minutes played last night and some stuff on the Islanders board about an injury, but havent been able to find anything about it.

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
He left in the game against Vancouver (went awkwardly into the boards, knee/ankle issue?), but returned to the ice later (looking somewhat uncomfortable).
He started against Arizona and looked fine, but was spared in the 3rd after game was decided.
I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad