Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2014-15

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Don't know if this is even true but there are reports that Sebastian Dahm had nhl interest(a sabres scout confirmed) but he wanted a one way deal....has he lost his mind!?

LOL I thought the same when I read it :amazed:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
aef613bdc013d83421b73075eb39c84c9f75ea220e71bc9bc825ec8505015797.jpg

http://politiken.dk/sport/ishockey/ECE2676178/dansk-maalmand-modstaar-nhl-klubbers-lokkerier/

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
The guy is 28 and has already played in Syracuse Crunch in the AHL. His prime is now and he cant afford to go back to AHL or maybe even a tier below that.

Besides, I dont read anywhere that Sabres actually made him an offer?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
The guy is 28 and has already played in Syracuse Crunch in the AHL. His prime is now and he cant afford to go back to AHL or maybe even a tier below that.

Besides, I dont read anywhere that Sabres actually made him an offer?

Didn't say they did..just that there was interest, and a scout confirmed interest and that he said that he only wanted a one way....I get what you are saying but getting a shot just seems a little more interesting than Austrian hockey.

Had maybe hoped on a better league, especially if he had such interest.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Didn't say they did..just that there was interest, and a scout confirmed interest and that he said that he only wanted a one way....I get what you are saying but getting a shot just seems a little more interesting than Austrian hockey.

Had maybe hoped on a better league, especially if he had such interest.

Maybe he has a softspot for glühwein and germknödel.

The article doesnt say anything, which initially made me conclude that an offer has never been on the table. I'm sure Dahm would have accepted any kind of offer from any NHL club if such an offer were presented to him.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Freddy is out...Had some bad goals in the last games..And he is defi ently the villain on the ducks board...Really feel bad for him.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Freddy is out...Had some bad goals in the last games..And he is defi ently the villain on the ducks board...Really feel bad for him.

It is a fine line between being the hero and being the villain and to be honest he has to take some of the responsibility for at least a few of the goals in the last three games of the WCF.

Game 5 was the gamechanger imo. Whether it was due to fatigue or just bad luck I dont know, but he didnt seem as fresh, alert and confident since. You could probably argue that Gibson would have been a better option in a game or two to rest Andersen a bit. Also when you take into consideration how Andersen looked in the end of his massive stretch in november-december with 20-22 consecutive games as starter.

Hopefully he and the coaching staff will learn from this.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
It is a fine line between being the hero and being the villain and to be honest he has to take some of the responsibility for at least a few of the goals in the last three games of the WCF.

Game 5 was the gamechanger imo. Whether it was due to fatigue or just bad luck I dont know, but he didnt seem as fresh, alert and confident since. You could probably argue that Gibson would have been a better option in a game or two to rest Andersen a bit. Also when you take into consideration how Andersen looked in the end of his massive stretch in november-december with 20-22 consecutive games as starter.

Hopefully he and the coaching staff will learn from this.

I agree. He definitely has to take blame for game 5...He let in goals that no nhl goalie should let in...But the memory is really short.

I think the problem was that they should have given gibson games way earlier. They had zero options when Freddy has a bad game vs. Chicago since the only alternative was a cold Gibson.

But I think its a little tough to see how many ducks are calling for a new goalie after the overall performance he has had this PO....

Maybes its me who is giving him too much benefit of the doubt.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Aint it more the mentality on the HFboards to go absolutely insane and bash down everything, when you lose?

Over on /r/anaheimducks (r e d d i t) they are more relaxed about the situation, and most of them defend Andersen. They blame more the defense and Getzlaf in game 7.

I'm sure Andersen will learn from these playoffs and will be better next season.

Paaske

Apr 10, 2013
Copenhagen

Im sorry but internet forums are only about omg I LOVE and OMG i HATE.
So i doubt freddie or the anaheim org cares whats writte on a forum
Most sane people know that the Ducks D let the hawks walk all over them giving up huge chances which is gonna make the goalie look bad. You cant win the cup if you dont play defense . In game 7 Chicago gave almost no huge chances away , most ducks shots came from angles where you never score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad