Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2014-15

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Not much news around other than Eller nominated his brothers for the Ice Bucket challenge. Plus he looks so fit - can't wait for the season to start to see how it goes for him.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah he was super fit for last season as well and started like thunder and lightning. So lets hope he gets that flow again this season and stays in it.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I think it very unlikely that he will play in NHL this season, but will be expected to massacre the QMJHL for Halifax this season. [No pressure :sarcasm:]

Cant see why he shouldnt get 9 games in the big league if he exceeds expectations at the training camp. There are reports of him gaining quite some weight in the last few months.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Perhaps if he really have added on some weight.
Then maybe 9 matches late in the season?

Then again if the Winnipeg offense really doesn't get going at all, they might try him earlier.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Perhaps if he really have added on some weight.
Then maybe 9 matches late in the season?

Then again if the Winnipeg offense really doesn't get going at all, they might try him earlier.

If he does good in the preseason, there is no reason they shouldnt just try him out in the beginning. If he then explodes in the Q and Winnipeg are out of the picture regarding a playoffspot when he returns from WJC I would seriously think about getting him up permanently for the rest of the season.

Everybody is talking about how he needs to show something more in the Q, but I really dont understand that argument. If he is ready for NHL then he should be there, not in the Q.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Nic ehlers will play tomorrow in the young stars classic vs the flames.

gdt_02.jpg

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Damn, Ehlers is suuuuch a stud.

Really cool tournament really. Never seen it before but was interesting to see all those young players....

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Cant see why he shouldnt get 9 games in the big league if he exceeds expectations at the training camp. There are reports of him gaining quite some weight in the last few months.

If he does good in the preseason, there is no reason they shouldnt just try him out in the beginning. If he then explodes in the Q and Winnipeg are out of the picture regarding a playoffspot when he returns from WJC I would seriously think about getting him up permanently for the rest of the season.

Everybody is talking about how he needs to show something more in the Q, but I really dont understand that argument. If he is ready for NHL then he should be there, not in the Q.

He was 163 at dev camp. Don't think he is much over 170 but i still think he could be effective even at that weight in shorter spells....but there is just so many more things that comes into play with pro teams with other players contracts and **** like that....I hope we see him play some of the jets but it won't be a disaster if he goes back to the Q. But maybe thats just me...You know me, I want to baby them:P

Was reading on the jets board that the jets only have 11 forwards on one way contracts. Galiardi, O'Dell and Halischuk are all on two-way contracts so maybe....I have to admit that I don't know the jets team very well yet.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
And on the jets site too
Will play vancouver later with nicklas jensen on the roster

Well, I jinxed that then....Ehlers is not playing this game . Has a minor groin injury so they are resting him to make sure he is ready for camp.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ehlers is just insane. Any body who has not watched last nights game, really should. 2 goals, one extra goal in the shootout and an assist. Put in a few decent hits too,.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ehlers is just insane. Any body who has not watched last nights game, really should. 2 goals, one extra goal in the shootout and an assist. Put in a few decent hits too,.

Watched it live and loved every minute of it! Kid is dominant!

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Highlights from the Jets - Oilers game yesterday, from the 3rd period on. Shows Ehlers two fantastic goals in the third, and Petan and Ehlers shootout goals to secure the win for the Jets:

[nhl]630653[/nhl]

Absolutely loving Ehlers - fantastic draft pick, and I think he's going to make the Jets think really hard during TC and the pre-season about sending him back to the Q. Hope he gets a few games in regular season as well, even if they do decide to eventually send him back.

The Danish Dash. :nod:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Highlights from the Jets - Oilers game yesterday, from the 3rd period on. Shows Ehlers two fantastic goals in the third, and Petan and Ehlers shootout goals to secure the win for the Jets:

[nhl]630653[/nhl]

Absolutely loving Ehlers - fantastic draft pick, and I think he's going to make the Jets think really hard during TC and the pre-season about sending him back to the Q. Hope he gets a few games in regular season as well, even if they do decide to eventually send him back.

The Danish Dash. :nod:

Thanks for the video :)
Well maybe I'll have to eat my words thinking definitely that he would get another full year in the QMJHL.
With his performances so far and attitude (he wants the spot on the team badly) 9 games seems more and more likely now....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00