Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Andersen with a horrible game last night. I have to agree with Bagge, Freddy has looked very shaky in near all 6 games. He hasnt come up with a lot of those 100% chance saves.

It's like everytime Dallas got a one on one with him, you know they would score.

His stats after last night are also horrible (89,2% after 6 games, worse than Fleury) Hiller had to take over, and I think this means this series is Hillers from now on.

So you're saying there's a chance :sarcasm:

Gotta agree with the concern that Philly will keep Oliver due to health but I find it encouraging that Flyers have not rejected DIU but told them they'd talk again after the series.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So with Regin scratched & Andersen probably going to be backup for Hiller now, means that Eller will be the only Dane to follow in the playoff.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Andersen was not happy!

850359954.gif

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
LoL. Lesson: don't go to bed when it's 4-2 and assume that the result stays that way.

well when I hope anaheim loses in four on the next round.

Galbraith have looked fine all season. Im confident that he will pull a big tournament in Belarus.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Nielsen nominated for King Clancy Award. Never heard of it, but that doesnt have to mean anything necesarily.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Nielsen nominated for King Clancy Award. Never heard of it, but that doesnt have to mean anything necesarily.

The King Clancy Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and who has made a significant humanitarian contribution to his community.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Is it like the Masterton where every team has to nominate one is it if they feel like it?

I think not. I think its journalists and broadcasters

From wiki.
The winner is chosen by "a special panel of representatives" from the Professional Hockey Writers' Association and the NHL Broadcasters' Association

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Yeah I caught that but I didn't see anywhere if it's every team "have to" put a nominee in the pot or if it's conditioned on the player having something to be nominated for. For instance Lecavilier won it for his work with his foundation. Koivu won it for his fight against cancer where he raised 2,5 mil$. I'm curious if Frans Nielsen did something extraordinary I haven't heard about or if it's because the Islanders just have to nominate someone. To state it roughly.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Yeah I caught that but I didn't see anywhere if it's every team "have to" put a nominee in the pot or if it's conditioned on the player having something to be nominated for. For instance Lecavilier won it for his work with his foundation. Koivu won it for his fight against cancer where he raised 2,5 mil$. I'm curious if Frans Nielsen did something extraordinary I haven't heard about or if it's because the Islanders just have to nominate someone. To state it roughly.

Commitment to Justice? (Backhand Style) maybe.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Nielsen have been nominated by Islanders. They dont have to nominate anyone if no one has contributed to society. That's the way I have understood it anyway.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
NY Rangers won the 7'th game over Philadelphia, which opens up the chance for Oliver Lauridsen for playing at the WC.
Also means no Zuccarello for Norway.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
When Hansen and Jensen return to NA, they will be returning to a new manager. Tortorella just got the sack.

Somebody has doped Lars Eller....Almost made a wonder pass for a goal, early in the first.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
When Hansen and Jensen return to NA, they will be returning to a new manager. Tortorella just got the sack.

Somebody has doped Lars Eller....Almost made a wonder pass for a goal, early in the first.

Not to mention Gillis wouldn't be there either. Will be exciting to see what happens there. Will they keep up with the idea of a schizophrenic team identity or is there a new one ready... and if so: What is it and how does Jannik Hansen and Nicklas Jensen fit into it.

And sch... :sarcasm:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
3-3....headed into overtime in Boston. This is not me being a homer but Ellers line is clearly the best line at the moment on this team. 2 out of 3 goals has been scored by that line.

Annnnnnnnd MONTREAL WINS! Subban.

I still see Boston winning this series but if Montreal can get their 1st line playing, then maybe....Eller was fast, and ON. great confidence.

Not to mention Gillis wouldn't be there either. Will be exciting to see what happens there. Will they keep up with the idea of a schizophrenic team identity or is there a new one ready... and if so: What is it and how does Jannik Hansen and Nicklas Jensen fit into it.

And sch... :sarcasm:

Open question. Hansen used to be very popular in the role he played but clearly had problems this year...Jensen is a prospect but was really impressive when he got called up, so I assume his role is pretty secure.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Found this gem in the habs thread

Eller's line lead the team in Defensize zone start with 26.
Eller's line only got 1 offensize zone start, lowest on the team.
Eller's line didn't get one second on the Powerplay

They end up +2, with 2 goals for, no goals allowed.
11 shots on goal (1/3 on the team)

Subban being Subban
Price showing why many thinks he's "the best goalie"

We stole this one.....Price stole this one.
With the Help of Subban and Eller's line.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
3-3....headed into overtime in Boston. This is not me being a homer but Ellers line is clearly the best line at the moment on this team. 2 out of 3 goals has been scored by that line.

Annnnnnnnd MONTREAL WINS! Subban.

I still see Boston winning this series but if Montreal can get their 1st line playing, then maybe....Eller was fast, and ON. great confidence.

I would say it is more 50/50, but the winner will be the favorite to win Stanley Cup in my opinion.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Montreal had a epic meltdown. Leading 3-1, with a chance to win the first two games away and take a 2-0 lead into Montreal, and they throw everything away and lose 3-5.....

Pathetic really.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Good night for Lars Eller.
Montreal win and he scored an empty netter and had an assist.
As usual this playoff Peter Regin didn't play for Chicago that lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad