Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
:yo:

ZMp14L7.gif

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Wow....Great game between Tampa Bay and Montreal.....Damn! The 3rd period wea a pleasure. Playoff hockey rules. Just about to go to overtime at 4-4

Lars Eller had a great night. He really works well with Gionta.

The Lars Eller line got tons of minutes from the start of the game. They allowed the first goal but Eller ended up with 1 assists, and a goal that was all his own work. Tampa lost the puck and Eller got it, rushed up the ice, glided inside and waited for the right angle for the moving goalie, and scored. Initially it looked like the goalie saved it and montreal scored on the rebound but the puck went straight in.

The teams kept replying to eachothers goal, with replies coming short after each goal. Montreal made it 1-1 only 19 seconds after Tampa Bay scored first.

Montreal were best, but tampa scored at the right times.

"WhiteSnake" on the montreal board said it better than I ever could.

And that's what happens when you give Eller some ****ing PK time. You rest Pleks, Pleks looks more dangerous offensively, and you give Eller more confidence to play with. About ****ing time Therrien....

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Really good danish night. Anaheim won 4-3 after leading 4-0.

Good night for freddy i think. Some really good saves in there.

Operation "Bank Anden" is of to a bad start:-(

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Yeah with things starting well for both Eller and Andersen it's not so likely they will go to the WC; but then let's hope they can continue this great playoff start.
Ellers has 1G 1A and was +1 with 18.24 min of playing time!
Andersen with 32 saves out of 35 for 91,4% SVS

"Bank" certainly would like Dalles to "knock the duck".....:laugh:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Oh what a start to the playoffs!

1+1 Eller?! Hell yeah. Everybody on board the Canadians bandwagon/the Eller hype train :laugh:

Yeah changed my approach to that series last night. Still rooting for Dallas. But seeing as Norfolk moved into a playoffs spot I'm like: If Dallas can't win - Freddie going for a long playoff run is the next best thing ;) :naughty:

Tonight there's no doubt however. I'm not rooting for Danes to be black aces. So go Rangers, Minnesota and Peter Regin and the Chicago Blackhawks!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Didn't watch the game, but St. Louis beat Chicago after the triple overtime...4-3...Triple overtime? holy crap.

Colorado won too, which sucks because I hate Patrick Roy.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Watched Montreal vs. Tampa Bay on and off while being at work....Montreal put on a defensive clinic and completely dominated stamkos.

eller with 0 points, but played pretty well when I was watching. Got a holding penalty which lead to the single Tampa Bay goal with a few minutes left in the 3rd.

Montreal 4 - 1 Tampa Bay.

Looks like we won't get Eller at the WC. Montreal have won two games on the road to begin the playoffs.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Watched Montreal vs. Tampa Bay on and off while being at work....Montreal put on a defensive clinic and completely dominated stamkos.

eller with 0 points, but played pretty well when I was watching. Got a holding penalty which lead to the single Tampa Bay goal with a few minutes left in the 3rd.

Montreal 4 - 1 Tampa Bay.

Looks like we won't get Eller at the WC. Montreal have won two games on the road to begin the playoffs.

He got an assist on one of the Bourque goals.

...and missed an empty net from 4-5 meters away. :p:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
He got an assist on one of the Bourque goals.

...and missed an empty net from 4-5 meters away. :p:

I said I watched it on and off.....They said it was unassisted at the time I went looking.

Watching Anaheim now....Corey Perry is such an idiot. Takes a PETTY and so stupid penalty and dallas goes ahead shortly after.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ducks win 3-2. Freddy with a absolute MONSTER game. So impressed with him. Saved 34 of 36. So many great saves especially when it counted. Ducks only had 19 shots.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Andersen is straight up beast under pressure, good to see him do it in the playoffs as well. He was straight up robbed of being #1 star, was easily Anaheim's best player for me.

Not many goaltenders his size can boast his agility - must admit I was worried about his speed last season in Norfolk, but it's improved a lot.

I just hope he can't play for Denmark this season (deep run for Anaheim hopefully) :D

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Andersen is straight up beast under pressure, good to see him do it in the playoffs as well. He was straight up robbed of being #1 star, was easily Anaheim's best player for me.

Not many goaltenders his size can boast his agility - must admit I was worried about his speed last season in Norfolk, but it's improved a lot.

I just hope he can't play for Denmark this season (deep run for Anaheim hopefully) :D

Haha, I think we reached a point where we can hope for that too. We make a lot of jokes about wanting teams to go out but we want our danish guys to succeed. And I have been following anaheim all season so I really want them to go far in the playoffs.

Andersen didn't get a star for some weird reason. Which were met with bemusement on the ducks board.

I love this from SI
Bruce Boudreau’s decision to solve his goalie controversy by starting Frederik Andersen looks like a pretty savvy read after two games, and not just because the rookie has won them both. What the 24-year-old lacks in NHL experience he makes up for with a preternatural calmness that the rest of the team picks up on, along with an uncanny knack for limiting second chances. His ability to either swallow up his rebounds or send them safely into the corners is the main reason Dallas’ shooters are so frustrated. He ended up making 34 stops on the night, but when virtually every chance is a one-and-done that’s a manageable workload.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Hehe...watching a frederik andersen post game interview with reporters is like watching a guy asking a girl out for the first time. He is so nervous that you can almost feel it.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Hehe...watching a frederik andersen post game interview with reporters is like watching a guy asking a girl out for the first time. He is so nervous that you can almost feel it.

Well so long playing doesn't make him nervous :laugh:
But he should get used to interviews fairly fast when it becomes routine.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I am going to ask here instead of the Habs board, so I dont look like a total noob and maybe get an objective answer. Why is Subban so hated all around? Everybody besides Habs-fans are booing everytime he is touching the puck. What have he done?

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
I am going to ask here instead of the Habs board, so I dont look like a total noob and maybe get an objective answer. Why is Subban so hated all around? Everybody besides Habs-fans are booing everytime he is touching the puck. What have he done?

The same reason why Marchand, Lucic and many other "in your face" players are hated/booed - or the same reason why the best players gets booed by opposing fans.

He aint dirty like others, but he likes to be everywhere and annoy the hell out of the opposing player with hard checks, dekes and etc.

Plus he is talented like hell. Starting (or already is) to be one of the premiere defense-men in the game.
So I'm sure despite everyone booing him, they would LOVE to have him on their team. :nod:

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Things are going great for Montreal and Lars Eller.

Third win of series and third game with production from Eller - 1A last night; bringing him up to 1G 3A and +4.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Eller sure seems to have found the right time to get hot. Great that he is getting some personal success after a tough last half of the season.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Oh that kid is dane? I didn't know but great to hear. I was being bit jealous while being happy for Ducks about Sweden having so good youngster in the net but now I'm only 100% glad. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad