Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2013-14

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Andersen left the game today with 10 mins left in the 3rd with a lower body injury (likely a leg or knee injury). Saved 22 of 23 shots.

Looked nervous for the first period but seemed to settle down a bit as game went on. I liked how even though he gave up rebounds he was directing most of them to the corners making it hard for LA to really attack them at all, it's a good sign he has that sort of control even if he's not at the top of his game.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Andersen left the game today with 10 mins left in the 3rd with a lower body injury (likely a leg or knee injury). Saved 22 of 23 shots.

Looked nervous for the first period but seemed to settle down a bit as game went on. I liked how even though he gave up rebounds he was directing most of them to the corners making it hard for LA to really attack them at all, it's a good sign he has that sort of control even if he's not at the top of his game.

So definitely no WC for him now, even if Anaheim goes out quickly (less quickly now since they did win game 3).
Montreal lost 0-1.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Gibson is starting for the ducks. Norfolk must be slightly irritated in the middle of a po run after a big comeback to even get in the playoff

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Regin played for the first time in the playoffs tonight. I didnt see the game and he didnt get any points. Hawks won by the way.

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Just watched that game, Regin played well.
He had an excellent chance midway through p2, - drew a hooking penalty on the play (CHI scored on the ensuing PP).

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Really good for Regin. Even a decent showing in the PO will help a lot with getting another shot in the NHL.

I still think he would do better in the SHL or KHL where he can actually get some ice time but money and the prestige of the nhl is ofcourse the reason that this is the clear choice.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Really good for Regin. Even a decent showing in the PO will help a lot with getting another shot in the NHL.

I still think he would do better in the SHL or KHL where he can actually get some ice time but money and the prestige of the nhl is ofcourse the reason that this is the clear choice.

Cant blame the kid though. Both in therms of money and carriere, as long as he is still over there he is pursuing the dream as he should. Impressive that he can still play with such integrity towards hawks after he hasnt played in a month.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Cant blame the kid though. Both in therms of money and carriere, as long as he is still over there he is pursuing the dream as he should. Impressive that he can still play with such integrity towards hawks after he hasnt played in a month.

Yes. Must be quite difficult to just come in after only practicing for a month.

Montreal won, Eller scored the first goal on a gift from boston but he cooly got around Rask and scored.
So no possibility of Eller yet. THey were far better than Boston. Very exciting game 7 coming.

Andersen is still out but would not get the start now even if he was ready. Gibson starts and has so far been very good. Tough end to the season for Freddy. Had the opportunity to head in next season as the starter but if gibson continues to play well, then he is the starter next year if he isn't already. They are clearly in love with him...Deservedly(Although very small sample...even smaller than freddy). But Freddy will probably back him up.
Could we looking at a trade if they want a veteran backing up gibson?

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
There is no way that Gibson is gonna be a starter next season. Ducks would be stupid to push such a young goalie that fast in development. Better let him stay in AHL and develop more or back-up.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There is no way that Gibson is gonna be a starter next season. Ducks would be stupid to push such a young goalie that fast in development. Better let him stay in AHL and develop more or back-up.

Well, the need to get Gibson in goal kind of forced Ducks' hand already so if he manages to carry Anaheim to the conference finals and does well there (first part is questionable, I'm sure about the second one though) it will be near impossible to send him back to the AHL.

However, even if it happens, I think Ducks management will split games something like 40-40, it's not like they are going to give Gibson 65 games right out of the bat.

Anyway, I think it's only the question of time when Andersen gets traded. If I were Islanders or Jets, I'd jump on it.

And about that Anaheim would be stupid thing.. I don't know, the most important reason to keep goalies in the AHL for a long time is to prepare them mentally. Gibson, meanwhile, is probably THE most impressive goalie prospect especially from the mental side of the game I've ever seen. His calmness and state of mind are unbelievable. So if he's ready, I think he's ready. Luongo became Panthers' starter at 20, don't think anybody complained about that.

Last edited:

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Should maybe discuss it here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1644315&page=2

Seen lots of Ducks fans say that they need to be careful with Gibson. He is still young (20 years old) and a talent like that should not be "rushed" into some sort of full NHL season...just because of a couple of playoff games. How often have we not seen some super performance by goalies in the playoffs who just vanishes next season?

I can imagine him maybe sharing starting duties with Andersen, splitting the games. Otherwise some more AHL time for Gibson won't hurt him.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Andersen better hope for a quick trade. I think the battle in Anaheim is already lost. Jets, Islanders, maybe even Hurricanes? That would be ironic, wouldnt it?

Suck it, Bruins. Now lets hope Chara joins the Slovakians and Lauridsen can get a rematch.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Andersen better hope for a quick trade. I think the battle in Anaheim is already lost. Jets, Islanders, maybe even Hurricanes? That would be ironic, wouldnt it?

Suck it, Bruins. Now lets hope Chara joins the Slovakians and Lauridsen can get a rematch.

Okay, this is going to sound like Nasri's girlfriend but here goes....

I Agree, but my god Gibson gets some breaks that nobody else would. He just let in a goal vs. kings that is just the softest goal ever....hell, even Simon Nielsen would have saved it. Driving straight to the goal against two defenders, puts a puck on goal, has clear sight to the puck all the way and it goes straight between his legs.
He is clearly very talented but I really don't think that Andersen is less impressive in Anaheim.....But im biased. Hiller gets pulled for a few bad goals but they barely mention it when gibson lets in a really, really bad goal.

LA just won 2-1 and forced a game 7....

Without that goal, we could be looking at a very different situation.....

I don't want that rematch that badly:p

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Okay, this is going to sound like Nasri's girlfriend but here goes....

I Agree, but my god Gibson gets some breaks that nobody else would. He just let in a goal vs. kings that is just the softest goal ever....hell, even Simon Nielsen would have saved it. Driving straight to the goal against two defenders, puts a puck on goal, has clear sight to the puck all the way and it goes straight between his legs.
He is clearly very talented but I really don't think that Andersen is less impressive in Anaheim.....But im biased. Hiller gets pulled for a few bad goals but they barely mention it when gibson lets in a really, really bad goal.

LA just won 2-1 and forced a game 7....

Without that goal, we could be looking at a very different situation.....

I don't want that rematch that badly:p

Well, I do understand to jinx myself over and over again, dont I? That was indeed the weakest goal I have seen in a while. LOL. On the other hand, it is not my belief in Gibson I was talking about, but the same breaks you are referring to. I have no doubt that Andersen will be a top goalie wherever he ends up, but most Ducks seems to believe that his stay in Anaheim will end up being temporarily or back up for Gibson.

No, I am not sure I would want to see Lauridsen fight Chara. It would be like watching Tyson vs. Nielsen when Tyson was in his prime.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Well, I do understand to jinx myself over and over again, dont I? That was indeed the weakest goal I have seen in a while. LOL. On the other hand, it is not my belief in Gibson I was talking about, but the same breaks you are referring to. I have no doubt that Andersen will be a top goalie wherever he ends up, but most Ducks seems to believe that his stay in Anaheim will end up being temporarily or back up for Gibson.

No, I am not sure I would want to see Lauridsen fight Chara. It would be like watching Tyson vs. Nielsen when Tyson was in his prime.

And Nielsen didn't have a prime. He just had times when he was less fat.

I really agree with you that Gibson already has this battle won. The entire american media wants this guy to succeed, not just the ducks and nothing will stop that.

But holy crap, that goal was really, REALLY bad.....not seen something like that in the NHL for a long time. Giving up a bad rebound in that shot is bad...giving up a goal is unforgivable.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I kinda called it.. I said a while back, that Gibson would be pushed and that a bad game from Andersen would be more detrimental to him than a bad game from Gibson would be to Gibson.

I also said I think a good game from Gibson would be weighed heavier..

I guess im not that paranoid afterall.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
And down goes the Gibson hype...

...and maybe some of you in here gets more optimistic about Andersen getting a starter role?

:yo:

BURY

Oct 15, 2005
Gatineau
Anyone know where we can watch the playoffs in Copenhagen? Especially looking for the game tonight which is early enough for us to catch. Any help would be great!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Anyone know where we can watch the playoffs in Copenhagen? Especially looking for the game tonight which is early enough for us to catch. Any help would be great!

Prolly a few bars, don't know. Always just watch them from home.

Id guess you could ask the Irish Rover at the bar, they are usually pretty adaptive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad