Denmark: Danes in NHL 2015-16

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Frederik Andersen finally got a win with Anaheim: 4-2. He faced 42 shots, so was kept quite busy.
Only 5 goalies (with 5 or more games) have a better SVS-% than him, so he is really having an excellent season so far. The 5 goalies are Fleury, Lundqvist, Neuvirth, Crawford and Price.

Otherwise we had Danes head-to-head: Montreal beat Winnipeg 5-1.
1G for Lars Eller and 1A for Nikolaj Ehlers.
Islanders lost 1-2 and no point for Frans Nielsen.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
In regards to the Andersen discussion....When he was doing great last year or the year before, everybody pointed out that he played on a great team, and that it made him seem better...Now he is playing on a really bad team, and he is still playing well.
I think we fall in the trap of discussing him in pretty unfair terms. This is still a very young NHL career, and there are no goalies that never let in bad goals...

Watched most of the winnipeg-montreal game and the Jets were surprisingly bad after a really good start to the season.
Always fun to see two games on the ice together. Future olympic line mates maybe?(pssst...like we are ever going to qualify:cry:)

The commentators on the Montreal Stream just called Ehlers the Dutch Gretzky :laugh::laugh::laugh::biglaugh:

Martin Kampmann is a Danish UFC fighter...and I literally think that it took the commentators about 4-5 matches before they stopped calling him Dutch...The funny thing was that they just called him Dutch in the beginning, then quickly switched to calling him both Danish and Dutch in the same broadcast..So for instance, they talked about him being Danish in the beginning of the match, that he is the first fighter from that country in the UFC and then start talking later about how the Netherlands has a really great kickboxing culture:laugh::laugh:.

I just think the European geography is viewed as some sort of witchcraft in some parts of north america:P

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So goal two nights ago by Jannik Hansen, and last night didn't bring any Danish points.
In regards to the Andersen discussion....When he was doing great last year or the year before, everybody pointed out that he played on a great team, and that it made him seem better...Now he is playing on a really bad team, and he is still playing well.
I think we fall in the trap of discussing him in pretty unfair terms. This is still a very young NHL career, and there are no goalies that never let in bad goals...

(pssst...like we are ever going to qualify:cry:)
Well I personally think Andersen has been great and you are right that ALL goalies let in bad goals. The difference is how they cope afterwards. Can they shrug it off and continue playing well, or does it affect their game.
For Andersen to show these kind of save-%'s on a really struggling team shows his mental ability and his skills.

If we don't qualify for 2018 we really will miss great chance (next time some of our established NHL players likely will be to old) for having a rare optimized roster. So everything hangs on whether our NHL players's are allowed to play the qualification games.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Andersen with another great performance (1st star) as Anaheim beat Florida in 3-2 SO. Corey Perry finally scored - a few seconds before the end equalizing to 2-2.

Winnipeg won 4-2, but no Ehlers points. Is he is losing steam? "Only" 3 shots on goal tonight.

Vancouver got a 2-3 loss, but Jannik Hansen scored again!

Danish production is looking good:
Frans Nielsen 5G 4A
Nikolaj Ehlers 4g 5A
Mikkel Bødker 4G 4A
Jannik Hansen 3G 3A
Lars Eller 4G 1A

Andersen has 93,4% saves over 10 matches played and GAA 2,03.
That's among the best goalies in NHL......

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Andersen with another great performance (1st star) as Anaheim beat Florida in 3-2 SO. Corey Perry finally scored - a few seconds before the end equalizing to 2-2.

Winnipeg won 4-2, but no Ehlers points. Is he is losing steam? "Only" 3 shots on goal tonight.

Vancouver got a 2-3 loss, but Jannik Hansen scored again!

Danish production is looking good:
Frans Nielsen 5G 4A
Nikolaj Ehlers 4g 5A
Mikkel Bødker 4G 4A
Jannik Hansen 3G 3A
Lars Eller 4G 1A

Andersen has 93,4% saves over 10 matches played and GAA 2,03.
That's among the best goalies in NHL......

Actually, Ehlers played a really good game against the leafs, one of the better Jets.
Just no luck, and tried a passing game more than a shooting game.

He will probably cool down a bit, but he is not loosing steam perse.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Actually, Ehlers played a really good game against the leafs, one of the better Jets.
Just no luck, and tried a passing game more than a shooting game.

He will probably cool down a bit, but he is not loosing steam perse.

Apparently "no luck" with the passing either (point wise that is). Better go back to shooting more :laugh:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Heinz Ehlers was interviewed on the broadcast btw! Was awesome!

Ehlers was the best winnipeg player on the ice even if he didnt score.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Quite night for the Danish players.
No points for Nielsen or Eller in their meeting which Montreal won 4-1.
Ehlers with no points for Winnipeg, which Winnipeg lost 2-3.
Arizona keeps surprising everyone. A 4-2 win over Colorado and 2A for Mikkel Bødker brings him into the lead of Danish point production with 4G 6A.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The Danish players keeps producing in a steady stream.

Lars Eller scored his fifth two nights ago and Frans Nielsen got an assist, and last night Mikkel Bødker scored an OT goal (also his fifth) against Frederik Andersen, that has his first less than great match letting in 4 goals.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
And it continues: Jannik Hansen with a goal and 3 assists in a game where he played on a line with the twins... He was also a whopping +5 for the night!
Hansen has been sexy the last few games!
Ehlers is still a beast, but seems a bit snakebitten!!

Hansen actually assisted "The Sedins" more than they assisted him!
Believe also that 4 points is a record for Jannik Hansen in one game?!
+5 is really also quite amazingly good in a 5-3 win.
About Ehlers taking a lot of shots not scoring points lately, I have to mention that Ovetchkin has 15 shots in the game against Detroit last night, not scoring (or getting a point).
15 shots from one player is just insane :laugh: (was "only" three power plays).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I cant really get a grasp on Freddie.

last night was his 2nd game in a row where he was in the mid 80s svs%

not good when Khudobin had a so in the game in between.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I cant really get a grasp on Freddie.

last night was his 2nd game in a row where he was in the mid 80s svs%

not good when Khudobin had a so in the game in between.

I havent watched the games lately due to the late hours, but I expected this to happen sooner or later. His save % was way to high compared to the last two seasons and I dont think he has improved that much in my opinion. I think he will have a hard time extenting his contract after this season if Khudobin continues his form. Even though he is only RFA.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That is not a valid excuse for the countless 5 hole scorings this season.

Agreed, he lets in way t many easy goals..

would be ok once in a while, but not so often, plus he hardly ever gets shut outs:help:

He is good, no doubt, but only slightly above average good.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Well it's pretty sad that after two medicore/bad games Gibson fans throw him under the bus.

Sure there is a couple more soft goals than I would like, but you can't expect to goalie perform at his best in all his games. Bad games will and were bond to happen after his good start.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well it's pretty sad that after two medicore/bad games Gibson fans throw him under the bus.

Sure there is a couple more soft goals than I would like, but you can't expect to goalie perform at his best in all his games. Bad games will and were bond to happen after his good start.

For sure, but he does let in alot of goals he shouldnt, even in the games he is good!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Frans Nielsen had a good night with 2G bringing him up in the the lead of Danish NHL production.

Frans Nielsen 7G 5A
Mikkel Bødker 5G 7A
Jannik Hansen 4G 6A
Nikolaj Ehlers 4G 6A
Lars Eller 5G 1A

So pretty solid so far from the Danish forwards.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
A night with defeats all over the board for the teams with Danish players.
Winnipeg lost 0-7, Montreal 1-6, Arizona 2-5 and Vancouver 2-4.

Jannik Hansen with 1G as the only Danish points, but good to see he is on a roll at the moment.
Nikolaj Ehlers, especially, is having a slump (0 shots on goal), as are Winnipeg in general (4 losses in a row).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad