Denmark: Danes in NHL 2015-16

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Another 5 shots and a +1 by Nikolaj Ehlers.
This night he did walk away with 1 assist, when Winnipeg won 3-1 over New Jersey.

Arizona won 4-1 over LA, no points for Mikkel Bødker.
NY Islanders lost in OT to Chicago, no points for Frans Nielsen.

Much better from a Norwegian perspective: Zuccarello scored two goals in a NY Rangers 4-2 win over Columbus.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
h

Another 5 shots and a +1 by Nikolaj Ehlers.
This night he did walk away with 1 assist, when Winnipeg won 3-1 over New Jersey.

Arizona won 4-1 over LA, no points for Mikkel Bødker.
NY Islanders lost in OT to Chicago, no points for Frans Nielsen.

Much better from a Norwegian perspective: Zuccarello scored two goals in a NY Rangers 4-2 win over Columbus.

I know it probably shouldnt, but it pisses me off that the ONE Norwegian player in the NHL, prolly outscores all Danes, and an undrafted one at that:help:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I know it probably shouldnt, but it pisses me off that the ONE Norwegian player in the NHL, prolly outscores all Danes, and an undrafted one at that:help:

I just see norwegians as people that secretly wants to be Danish. Why else would they take the ferries every day to our country and empty their filled wallets and return to Norway with nothing but alcohol and beer. :laugh:

EDit: Hold your horses there, canadian boy....Eller nettet twice within 5 minutes of the 2nd period tonight and shows great chemistry with Galchenyuk and Semin. He might have a break out year if he is being kept in that line.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I just see norwegians as people that secretly wants to be Danish. Why else would they take the ferries every day to our country and empty their filled wallets and return to Norway with nothing but alcohol and beer. :laugh:

EDit: Hold your horses there, canadian boy....Eller nettet twice within 5 minutes of the 2nd period tonight and shows great chemistry with Galchenyuk and Semin. He might have a break out year if he is being kept in that line.

Crossing my fingers buddy:yo:

especially now that Norway might qualify for soccer euro championships and Denmark wont :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Glad to see Eller got a good start!! Hope he finally gets to stay with a successful line for some time.

Anyone seen Mikkel Bødker. How he plays after his serious injury? Though 2 victories for Arizona is beyond anyones expectations!
Frans Nielsen -3 after 2 (lost) games and no points.
Frederik Andersen with a loss, but losing 2-0 is still decent when you have faced over 40 shots!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ban him...BAN HIM NOW!!!!

og come on who cares...

with the likes of Norway, Iceland, and Wales Qualifying, the quality of the tourney has dramatically fallen. and if we cant qualify for a 24 team tourney we nust arent good enough...

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Anyone seen Mikkel Bødker. How he plays after his serious injury?

He has been good, proving that a spleen has no hockey related function.

Got a new role on the PP manning the point, - didn't work all that well against LAK, but already much better vs. PIT.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Got a new role on the PP manning the point, - didn't work all that well against LAK, but already much better vs. PIT.

I wanna see him get a career high in points and then get a trade.

sick of Phoenix... such an uninspiring team and city...

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
og come on who cares...

with the likes of Norway, Iceland, and Wales Qualifying, the quality of the tourney has dramatically fallen. and if we cant qualify for a 24 team tourney we nust arent good enough...

Its way too soon...Im still too angry to discuss this.
Edit: hehehe im just kidding:P

At least we have a chance to destroy norway at the next WC:P That would the only the second time we ever played them at the WC, right? I somehow can't remember any previous games.

Frans Nielsen won the game vs Ehlers. Both had assists. Winnipeg were terrible except Pavelec and few others...Ehlers had in my opinion his best game overall despite winnipeg spending huge amounts of time in the penalty box..Had a very weak interference call against him early in the game.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

For some reason this really got to me... :laugh::laugh:

I'm gonna say one thing about the soccer team and then let it rest in silence. The players are worse than they used to be. If you look at their teams, how much they play and at what level.

About Arizona. I'm all on the Bødker-trade team - cause another Dane in the cup hunt would be sweet, and the Phoenix/Arizona has done him no favors over his career. But I'm rather intrigued by what might rise from the ashes down there. Oliver Ekman-Larsson's one of the best D-men in the league IMO. Max Domi and Anthony Duclair look interesting. Brenden Perlini, Dylan Strome and Nick Merkley have been fun the few minutes of pre-season I saw them.

And Jannik Hansen potted his 3rd point in Vancouver's game against Anaheim last night. Freddie got a 3rd star. Somewhat nice start of the Danes again this year.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
freddie is just under apreciated.. would like to see him out of Anaheim. they dont seem impressed with him for some reason..

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
freddie is just under apreciated.. would like to see him out of Anaheim. they dont seem impressed with him for some reason..

Shiny new toys is always more appealing.

What I most hate is that some of Ducks fans think he is done with his play at age of 26. Some of them just wait a smallest of reason to bash freddy. All they want is Boy Wonder in to net.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Hansen leads the league in +/- and leads his team in scoring...

Bødker to me looks like he can't wait to get out of Arizona. Can't really blame him based on previous seasons, but it's a bit of a shame really, since ARI finally seems to have some offensive prospects coming through, as listed by Bank. Of course, it could just be a slow start based on his lengthy injury layoff, but I got to think that the one-year deal to take him straight to UFA status was by Bødker's design.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Thanks to "tokr" for his great reply to my Bødker question: "He has been good, proving that a spleen has no hockey related function."
- well shouldn't we compare more players "spleen'ed" and "unspleen'ed", before we can really judge that.

Great first goal by Ehlers in the NHL!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
What a shot by Ehlers! He seems to be better and better, and is one of the better Jets forwards at the moment. Very surprised to see him be responsible and play much better defensively than i expected.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Fantastic first goal by Ehlers. Just hit me that he might be the most scoring Dane in his first season.

Unless Jannik Hansen develops some hands. If he had a 0.5 conversion rate on those breakaways he'd be looking at a big pay check and 20-30 goals. Wow he gets a lot of those.

I watched Jared McCanns goal against Calgary by coincident and fell right back in love with that back check and pass from Jannik though.

The Danes before Bødkers game tonight(No Freddie):

Jannik Hansen: 4g, 1+3=4, +6
Nikolaj Ehlers: 4g, 1+2=3, +4
Lars Eller: 4g, 2+0=2, +2
Frans Nielsen: 3g, 0+1=0, -3
Mikkel Bødker: 2g, 0+0=0, -1

Freddie: 0-2, 1.45, 957.

Freddie and Anaheim still in the "last to win"-competition. Arizona and Bødker still in the "last to lose"-competition with Montreal and Lars Eller. Though I suspect only Montreal will be left of those three after tonight.

Niklas Jensen, 1g 1+0=1, 1 (3-1 loss)
Oliver Bjorkstrand, 1g, 0+1=1, -2 (6-3 loss)

Both Danes in the AHL on the board.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
To continue the ehlers hype:P

His veteran teammates seem impressed:

"A few of us have seen that a few times, the game-breaking player he can be with one shot," said Jets captain Andrew Ladd. "He can turn the game around. That’s something maybe our team has lacked in the past, a few of those guys. So far, he’s not only delivered on that side but is playing a pretty solid 200-foot game as well."

"It kind of energizes the team when you see a guy get their first career goal like that," added Bryan Little. "It was one of the nicer ones I’ve ever seen. Mine was ugly as hell."

--

Its completely insane when you see him being tied for 3rd in the league in shot attempts and shot on goal..This kid has amazing confidence.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
To continue the ehlers hype:P

His veteran teammates seem impressed:

"A few of us have seen that a few times, the game-breaking player he can be with one shot," said Jets captain Andrew Ladd. "He can turn the game around. That’s something maybe our team has lacked in the past, a few of those guys. So far, he’s not only delivered on that side but is playing a pretty solid 200-foot game as well."

"It kind of energizes the team when you see a guy get their first career goal like that," added Bryan Little. "It was one of the nicer ones I’ve ever seen. Mine was ugly as hell."

--

Its completely insane when you see him being tied for 3rd in the league in shot attempts and shot on goal..This kid has amazing confidence.

If as quoted, he plays a defensively aware style, then the sky is the limit for this kid. The grind of a long pro season could still get to him, but by the looks of it, he is no Nicklas Jensen. :)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Anthony Duclair and Max Domi are doing a solid job of screwing over Bødkers chances of a deadline trade as it is. Oh well an assist for Bødker. Freddie get to see action anyway but Anaheim without wins in the first four, while Arizona rides the wave.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
If as quoted, he plays a defensively aware style, then the sky is the limit for this kid. The grind of a long pro season could still get to him, but by the looks of it, he is no Nicklas Jensen. :)

His backchecking is way better than I thought it would be. And he makes it look really simple when he snatches the puck from the opponent from behind. The force is strong in this young padawan...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad