Denmark: Danes in NHL 2015-16

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
That was one disappointing Danish NHL night without any points.

Frederik Andersen lost 3-0 with Anaheim, though kept up decent numbers.
Anaheim's scoring problems are starting to look "epic".
Winnipeg won 3-1, and Ehlers had "only" 3 shots on goal.
Vancouver lost 4-3 and no Jannik Hansen points either. He had 4 shots on goal though!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bodker is a mystery.

even Rieder is making more pts.

think we are loking at a dissapointing season guys:(

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Bodker is a mystery.

even Rieder is making more pts.

think we are loking at a dissapointing season guys:(

ok, 5 games into the new season and he is already a bust?

I havent seen any of their games yet, but I think he deserves more than 5 games before we start to jump into any conclusions. He has always been a bit streaky and could still be trying to find the rhythm oif his game after being out since late january.

Have a little faith in the kid.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Islanders won 7-4 over San Jose and Frans Nielsen made sure he hit all "round" numbers when it was time for his 100th goal in the NHL (regular season): So a big congratulations to him!
His 100th goal was off course a backhander (and an empty-netter).

So 530 games in NHL with 100G 200A 300P (and 100 penalty minutes as well).

No points for Eller or Bødker tonight.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
not a bust at all:)

just think I have to start understanding that Boedker will never be a big point getter.
I think it stems from my overall expectatins of him.

so easy guys, not calling anyone abust. but when a offense starved team starts scoring and Boedker is not getting points, maybe he just isnt that good. Rieder, Domi, Duclair all look better from pure eyetest.

And yes I know its only 5 games on, so alot can change, but I have felt like this for a while with Boeds.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
well ehlers played well again despite winnipeg losing. Got an assist, but what an assist it was. What a shot this kid has..He sends a huge wrister and hits stafford on the way....There is a very big chance that he will be dane with the most point at the end of the season.

He plays on the point on the PP....as a 19 year old, 5 games into the season...

I just really want to see a Danish player go pts crazy for once.

It has been a while. Last time i remember a dane really going pts crazy was maybe when Frans Nielsen had a stretch where everything went in..

Last edited:

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Ehlers is having a great start, I was a bit unsure of how long he would take to be productive but this is far exceeding my hopes! And hes lucky hes landed with the Jets as well that is a big help that they slot him in there with Scheifele. Most rookie are not so consistent but I wonder if this is gonna apply to Ehlers too, always thought hes such a consistent performer!!! But you never know if he'll go to a bad stretch, still has a lot to learn but man he looks at home out there

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ehlers is having a great start, I was a bit unsure of how long he would take to be productive but this is far exceeding my hopes! And hes lucky hes landed with the Jets as well that is a big help that they slot him in there with Scheifele. Most rookie are not so consistent but I wonder if this is gonna apply to Ehlers too, always thought hes such a consistent performer!!! But you never know if he'll go to a bad stretch, still has a lot to learn but man he looks at home out there

Will be exciting to see...He has been very consistent in his junior career...Expected him to get in a slump last year when his insanely long point streak was broken but he just started a new one, and went on a tear in the playoffs. But NHL is a different game ofcourse

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Bødker got his first goal tonight. Still don't like him on the blue line on the PP. He seems to be a bigger liability defensively, than what he creates offensively. IIRC he played the point on the PP a fair bit in junior, but so far it doesn't show in the pros... As an aside, I can understand why you sometimes choose to play a forward on the blue line on the PP, but I can't for the life of me understand why you'd do it in the last 5 minutes of a game where your team is up by 1 or 2 goals. This has been the case in ARI this season. And they have given up 4 SH goals already! I think Bødker has been a 'defenseman' for all 4 of those goals...

Eller with a point as well. It is worth noting that he is getting a lot of praise for his overall play, even if he isn't putting up a lot of points.

With the emergence of younger players on the Island (Brooklyn), it looks like Frans Nielsen is focusing on defense. A lot of time on the PK and no PP time tonight. Gotta think this result is the end of Todd Richards in CBS.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
With the emergence of younger players on the Island (Brooklyn), it looks like Frans Nielsen is focusing on defense. A lot of time on the PK and no PP time tonight. Gotta think this result is the end of Todd Richards in CBS.

Nielsen did have a clear cut breakaway that he didn't convert on. He's gonna want that one back

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
at least we can remove Boedkers face from the milk cartons...Nice to know hes still alive.

Its just not good enough when he is getting this much ice time.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
I think Khudobin has just played better than Andersen preseason and the last game. But after last night that might change again :)

I haven't watched all of their games this season, but it's hard to find any proof of that in their stats:

Frederik Andersen 4 GP 1.56 GAA .947 SVS%
Anton Khudobin 3 GP 4.06 GAA .875 SVS%

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I haven't watched all of their games this season, but it's hard to find any proof of that in their stats:

Frederik Andersen 4 GP 1.56 GAA .947 SVS%
Anton Khudobin 3 GP 4.06 GAA .875 SVS%

Those are not preseason stats. Khudobin only let in one goal in three matches and his save % was around 97,5

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ehlers scored, and could have had three. Hit post twice, once with a completely open net, the other a breakaway with a bout 3-4 seconds left in the 3rd to win it.

Goal was a beauty. His line is clearly the best Jets line...So many chances produced every game.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ehlers scored, and could have had three. Hit post twice, once with a completely open net, the other a breakaway with a bout 3-4 seconds left in the 3rd to win it.

Goal was a beauty. His line is clearly the best Jets line...So many chances produced every game.

That game must have hurt..

missed a wide open net, albeit a chance he created himself.

he hit the crossbar inside out 5 seconds before the end of 3rd and they lose in ot.

But my god, this kid could really become elite, a ****ing joy to watch:handclap:

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

he hit the crosbar inside out 5 seconds before the end of 3rd and they lse in ot.

But my god, this kid could really become elite, a ****ing joy to watch:handclap:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

he hit the crosbar inside out 5 seconds before the end of 3rd and they lse in ot.

He looked so crushed at the bench when the wristle was blown....But he really should'n't feel bad after being one of the best players on the ice. Its just bad luck in the end.

Next time, they will go inside post in, instead of inside post out...

He really is a ****ing joy to watch...So skilled, so confident and never looks out of place!

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He looked so crushed at the bench when the wristle was blown....But he really should'n't feel bad after being one of the best players on the ice. Its just bad luck in the end.

Next time, they will go inside post in, instead of inside post out...

He really is a ****ing joy to watch...So skilled, so confident and never looks out of place!

He really did, I think he has a crazy competitive gene!

DEFO One of the best players on ice:yo: And totally bad luck!

Exactly:yo:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
He really did, I think he has a crazy competitive gene!

DEFO One of the best players on ice:yo: And totally bad luck!

Exactly:yo:

This thread could very fast turn into a Ehlers and the rest. And I must admit, it has been a threat to watch him in the first seven games. I think they should continue to play early and in the weekends so the homeland can watch him and still go to work the next day with a few hours of sleep.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bøds starting to heat up, second goal in two games....I told you, 'nucks. :handclap:

Lets hope so, because you should check out the Yotes GDT, he is getting fried.

They are ready to leave him in Ottawa... I dint thnk he deserves them being so rough..

They have completely forgotten how he played pre injury, and now that Rieder, Domi And Ducllair are producing, he is old news.

And Eller gets one aswell!

Last edited:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Lets hope so, because you should check out the Yotes GDT, he is getting fried.

They are ready to leave him in Ottawa... I dint thnk he deserves them being so rough..

They have completely forgotten how he played pre injury, and now that Rieder, Domi And Ducllair are producing, he is old news.

And Eller gets one aswell!

Aaaand he's back! Bødker with the hattrick tonight! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad