Denmark: Danes in NHL 2015-16

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Bødker just re-signed with Yotes, 1 year 3,75 mil.

Not sure I like this. I would have hoped they could find a way to give him 4 or 5 years.

Any thoughts?

Did not see that coming. All the smoke signals showed interest from both parties to sign long term.
have been bødker say that he wanted to stay...And im pretty sure the team have said the same.

:s He better have a great year

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Good! He'll be out of there at before the trade deadline next year.
Just about any other team is better for Bødker.

Paaske

Apr 10, 2013
Copenhagen
Im sure they would have given him 4-5 years for 3.75 , im 100% sure Bødker would never sign that.
Hes probably gonna get traded before deadline , cuz hes gonna be gone for sure next season , yotes is going in rebuild.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
So rookie tournaments have started.

Columbus: Oliver Bjorkstrand put up 1+1 in a 5-2 win against St. Louis. Haven't seen highlights from that game.

Winnipeg: Nikolaj Ehlers had a quite game judged by the highlights as the Jets faces the Flames.

Dallas: Mads Eller is for the second year in a row with the Dallas team in Traverse. He was on the fourth line. The first 7-8 minutes of the game against Chicago is on YouTube. He looks a lot like the Mads Eller of last year. His fourth line was mostly meh in that part of the game.

Can't think of any others Danes that's in NHL-related action these days.

Last edited:

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Lars Eller, Mikkel Bødker, Frans Nielsen and Frederik Andersen projected to represent Europe at the 2016 World Cup: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=778981
Nikolaj Ehlers was really good at their last "Young Stars" game (3 assists), the commentators were confident that he will get a full season with the Jets.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bjorkstrand and his bluejackets won the Traverse city tourney for the 2nd row in the year.
Bjorkstrand was the top scorer of the tourney with 4+4 :)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Oliver Bjorkstrand started on a line with William Karlsson and Sonny Milano last night. That could look like a 1st line in the AHL. Kerby Rychel and Sonny Milano switched a bit. Then Columbus juggled the lines and Oliver found himself with Scott Hartnell and Alexander Wennberg. Looks like CBJ are scratching their head real thorough to see if they need to make room for him or he needs a year in the AHL. I've been a firm believer that he'd get a full year in the AHL simply to focus on playing against men. Now I'm leaning towards him getting some call ups this year.

Jannik Hansen was with Chris Higgins and Bo Horvat in what could be a 3rd or 2B line. And if I'm not mistaken by the highlights Nicklas Jensen stepped into Chris Higgins spot when he went down.

One thing I've puzzled over are the second-third line combo of Vancouver this year. Vrbata/Baertschi(?) and Hansen/Higgins seems to be the wing pairs with Sutter and Hovart the centers. If your a black n' white coach you put Sutter with Hansen and Higgins and start them off with a lot of D-zone starts and vice versa for Vrbata, Sven and Horvat. But in last nights game they had Sutter with Vrbata and the Swiss, while Hansen and Higgins got Horvat. This would indicate a more equal split in O-zone and D-zone starts. For Jannik Hansen the difference seems to be a season spend in his own zone against tough matchups or a more two-oriented role.

Nicklas Jensen needs to have a monster season or pack it up and go home to Europe. What a fall from grace. Lets hope Ehlers and Bjorkstrand steers clear of that.

Lars Eller didn't play last night but the reports that he'll be on a line with Galchenyuk and Semin is promising. Or at least it could be. I've great hopes attached to Galchenyuk trending upwards. Semin's in a contract year. This could be the way past David Desharnais and to the second line for Lars Eller. At last :)

Ehlers seems to be in the Winnipeg plans for this year. Or he's at least the frontrunner for one or two free spots. Will be interesting how close he is to making a impact in the NHL.

Could be an interesting year for the Danes that remain and are joining the NHL :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Could be an interesting year for the Danes that remain and are joining the NHL :)

It could be a year where things go great OR a year without many Danes playing anything more than grinding rolls.

I think Nicklas Jensen is in Europe next season (he probably wont even get the playing time to have a monster season).
Maybe he can blossom in a less physical league, where he can be more of a star on the team.

With both Frans Nielsen and Jannik Hansen likely taking defensive responsibility, it's up to Lars Eller to finally make some break-though production wise.
Also a big question mark around Mikkel Bødker after his operation....(such a shame as he was really doing well last year before the injury).

Ehlers and Bjørkstrand might make it to NHL (or not) this year, but next year is probably where we really can see where their careers are heading.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Bjorkstrand has been send to the AHL..Which is the logical move. Now we can just hope his AHL team doesnt go far in the playoff so we can have him for the WC.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Somehow Mads Eller is still in training camp with Dallas Stars. Quite impressive if you ask me, considering the type of player he is. I am not to familiar with the Stars, so cant really comment on why.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Somehow Mads Eller is still in training camp with Dallas Stars. Quite impressive if you ask me, considering the type of player he is. I am not to familiar with the Stars, so cant really comment on why.

I noticed Jesper Schultz being very impressed with it to. I don't get it. I think it's a numbers game where Dallas has a set schedule for each player but lost Brett Ritchie to injury earlier on. Some one's gotta fill the roster out. So Mads Eller gets to play with Travis Moen and Radek Faksa - both of whom fits nowhere really. Moen is likely the 13nd forward and Faksa a 2C on the Texas Stars. The line scored last night. Eller was a minus two.

From the scrimmages and highlights I've seen, Eller is nowhere near a NHL-contract. Actually I thought it was bit of a let down, that he didn't get to go to the Texas Stars AHL-camp. He might still make it to the AHL-team, but since he'd be battling for some of the last spots it'd been better if he was there from the get go.

Justinov> That's a very good point. I guess my expectation was set all-grinders so when the opportunity for Lars Eller to be something other than a 3rd liner appeared I got excited.

For the sake of Bødker and Arizona I hope he's okay. The were talks that he could have appeared in the last games last year, but the team chose not to, so as far as I can gather the road back from surgery is going okay. Being a top 6 player on that Arizona team is going to be a ***** though.

Has any Dane ever been dealt at deadline before?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Justinov> That's a very good point. I guess my expectation was set all-grinders so when the opportunity for Lars Eller to be something other than a 3rd liner appeared I got excited.

For the sake of Bødker and Arizona I hope he's okay. The were talks that he could have appeared in the last games last year, but the team chose not to, so as far as I can gather the road back from surgery is going okay. Being a top 6 player on that Arizona team is going to be a ***** though.

Has any Dane ever been dealt at deadline before?

Well at least Bødker in a top 6 will have the chance of some production, but yeah it seems like quite a weak team.
With Lars Eller in Montreal anything can happen (it all depends on the line mates he gets).
Mads Eller seems to go to Texas Stars in the AHL [so he can work on his grinding skills].

About Danes dealt at deadline - can't remember any....

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ehlers made the cut, and will be on the Jets roster come opening night!

He also chose a new number (27) his childhood number and the number his dad wore.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
heres hoping he doesnt end up in Metalligaen, possibly allsvenskan for him to see what he is made of.

I still think theres some talent here, but he has to sell himself on a pretty average junior career, where he did win the memorial cup and had good spells, but he also was unproductive for large periods.

He impressed some people during the WJC but I dont know how much that would be rated in sweden.

Might be that he has to prove himself in Denmark before making the jump elsewhere.

Ehlers made the cut, and will be on the Jets roster come opening night!

He also chose a new number (27) his childhood number and the number his dad wore.

And looks like he will play on the second line with Mark Scheifele and Mathieu Perreault..So he has every chance to produce.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Aaaand the bank accounts are open.

First to make a deposit is Mr. Jannik Hansen. The great Dane - born in Herlev, son of Rødovre - has entered a goal early on in the game vs. Calgary. The game ended in a win.

Great start for the ever young-ish Jannik Hansen.

Next in line is the is Mr. Lars Eller. He only put a win against Toronto on the account. He's is very unfortunate not to get an assist on the Galchenyuk goal. Subban(secondary assist) sets up Markov(primary assist) for a shot that bounce of either Gardiner or Eller to Galchenyuk(Goal) who puts in net. Had I called the game Eller would have gotten a primary assist. But it's not like I'm biased or anything :sarcasm:

I noticed during the two periods I saw that Eller is the net presence on the PP-line with Galchenyuk and Semin. Exciting. He also doesn't seem to be spared anything duties on the boxplay. Even so it seems like the Galchenyuk-line is the 3rd line so let's hope there's a lot of penalties in the next 81 games.

Next up: Nikolaj Ehlers vs. the big bad Bruins.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Aaaand the bank accounts are open.

First to make a deposit is Mr. Jannik Hansen. The great Dane - born in Herlev, son of Rødovre - has entered a goal early on in the game vs. Calgary. The game ended in a win.

Great start for the ever young-ish Jannik Hansen.

Next in line is the is Mr. Lars Eller. He only put a win against Toronto on the account. He's is very unfortunate not to get an assist on the Galchenyuk goal. Subban(secondary assist) sets up Markov(primary assist) for a shot that bounce of either Gardiner or Eller to Galchenyuk(Goal) who puts in net. Had I called the game Eller would have gotten a primary assist. But it's not like I'm biased or anything :sarcasm:

I noticed during the two periods I saw that Eller is the net presence on the PP-line with Galchenyuk and Semin. Exciting. He also doesn't seem to be spared anything duties on the boxplay. Even so it seems like the Galchenyuk-line is the 3rd line so let's hope there's a lot of penalties in the next 81 games.

Next up: Nikolaj Ehlers vs. the big bad Bruins.

Jannik Hansen scored a great goal, possibly one of his very best. Very hard to get it passed the goalie from that distance, when the goalie is in position and has a clear line of sight!

Shame about the missed assist for Eller. He surely could need to get points on his scoresheet early, so to quiet the flak he receives from the fans when he doesn't produce.
On line with Galchenyuk and Semin is a big chance for getting production, though (certainly it depends on how Semin is playing as it can be day or night with him, last season pitch dark).

Really looking forward to see what Ehlers can do on NHL level!

Edit: Mads Eller send to Adirondack Thunder in the ECHL.
Hmm, with that outcome I would almost rather see him starting up on an Allsvenskan team (probably better for weeding out his occasional bad decision choices); but if he wants to struggle his way from ECHL towards an AHL team its probably the way to go!

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
My eyes are playing games with me. When I look at the boxscore from Boston-Winnipeg I see 0:00 PP time for Ehlers. 0:09 BP time.

Don't think Mads Eller was send there. It's just the place he can get a job. Does anybody know if anything or anyone are keeping him in NA?

Next up the desert walk of Mikkel Bødker! And Kejser Franz' triumphant march against the weary Blackhawks with the wobbly blue line!

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
My eyes are playing games with me. When I look at the boxscore from Boston-Winnipeg I see 0:00 PP time for Ehlers. 0:09 BP time.

Don't think Mads Eller was send there. It's just the place he can get a job. Does anybody know if anything or anyone are keeping him in NA?

Next up the desert walk of Mikkel Bødker! And Kejser Franz' triumphant march against the weary Blackhawks with the wobbly blue line!

Actually next up is Winnipeg again tonight. Havent got a clue about Mads Eller, but my guess would be that we are already so far into the sesaon in Europe that most teams have their roster filled. It could also be that he wants to give it a shot and take the long road to AHL/NHL with hard work only....

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Actually next up is Winnipeg again tonight. Havent got a clue about Mads Eller, but my guess would be that we are already so far into the sesaon in Europe that most teams have their roster filled. It could also be that he wants to give it a shot and take the long road to AHL/NHL with hard work only....

Probably true with the European rosters being filled (though probably always room for star players).
But going all the way from ECHL to AHL and on to NHL sounds lack quite a rare feat. An AHL career seems more reasonable as a goal.
Learning-wise Allsvenskan would likely be far better than the ECHL.

Let's see if all these Ehlers shots can actually find the back of the net :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->