Post-Game Talk: Dallas does MTL in a close one!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Slafkovsky & Suzuki scored 2 great goals. Caufield extended his points streak to 11 games, and Newhook came out flying. Those 4 were our best forwards by far.

Gignac might be able to stick around just as a pker. His speed is Byron-like. Armia played well too, although he took out RHP.

Pearson-Evans-Anderson line all pretty much sucked.

Final minute with net empty was brutal.

Fun game to watch. Montreal played well in 1st & 3rd, pked well throughout, but had a terrible 2nd period.
Just the recurring second period gaffes that are killing us. Washington and now Dallas totally dominated us. It's a strategic fault that has to get fixed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With credit to @Koivu11 , this is the most badass, chadest gif of Chadkovsky ever and deserves a repost.

5E1vtbs.gif

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Suzuki with 25:23 TOI. No other Habs forward played 20 minutes although Caufield was really close with 19:51 TOI and Slaf with 19:30 TOI. MSL really playing the crap out of Suzuki.

I have no idea what they're trying to do with Arber but I much prefer the rough and physical Arber from last season.
I think Suzuki's ice time is because of the RHP injury and lots of PKs and PPs.

About Xhekaj, he might be thinking too much trying to play a solid D game and not getting any penalties. Last year he was playing free and just doing his thing, but this year he's already been sent down and benched/scratched.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
This game was the perfect way to describe our season, cant play a good 60 minutes, one good period one bad, one good game one bad, hopes Msl find a way to correct that next season

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
True most of our Horses are pygmy ponies.

View attachment 817518
My bad with the cliché...although here's another:

Noticed this last year how few players Dallas had to use. Again this season only 23 players used (Habs are up to 32 players used). The Habs faced their A1 lineup today, they must be among the leaders in fewest man games lost. Do these guys have horseshoes up their.....

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I’m actually shocked this team without Dach & Newhook have been able to stay .500…. nothing short of remarkable

Agree with you there, mostly beceause of our goalie tho still to me it looks like we can't find a way to minimize damages when the momentum changes, probably part of it is due to inexperience but it will have to change at somepoint, next year will be very telling on that matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad