Post-Game Talk: Dallas does MTL in a close one!

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Only saw the end of the 3rd but Slaf just missed on a tab in. Armia also had a couple of chances off very good plays…
That seem like the kind of game we want regardless of the outcome, looking at the shots maybe not so much…
Still Too many turn over.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I think any other teams would not have withstood the Habs comeback last night. But Dallas are among the elite of the league this year. Proud of our team. It is very encouraging.

Reactions: BLONG7

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think any other teams would not have withstood the Habs comeback last night. But Dallas are among the elite of the league this year. Proud of our team. It is very encouraging.
What are you talking about ? They were outshot 40 to 20 ! They were lucky to lose by one goal only.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Marty doesn't like using Suzuki on the PK if he doesn't have to. He will do it when we are down a goal which isn't dumb.
I wish Suzuki was on the end of one of those glorious opportunities Armia and Matheson had. I also like the new dimension Gignac brings with his speed.
I'd use Suzuki with him for the give and go opportunities similar to what Armia missed on. I'm really looking forward to seeing Gignac in OT.
Matheson, after handling a bouncing, wobbly pass, hit the post on his chance on the penalty kill. The question is: is there one other player on Montreal who has the skating ability, situational awareness and offensive instincts to create and execute that 2 on 1 with Gignac?

As I have said here many times over the years: you trade away the type of elite skating Matheson possesses at your team’s peril.

Fortunately, Hughes is far too smart to make that error unless he receives a huge bounty.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7 and mdk

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And still bitching about Slaf lol.

Liked a tweet that said he’s a middle six player and it wouldn’t be good if other players around him (in the draft) are superstars. 😅

So i guess he’s still holding for dear life about hating Slaf too.

There's only a few things that put someone on my ignore list, and one of them is a clear intention of being right over anything else.

He has never wanted Slaf to succeed, he has only ever wanted to be right. Got no time for people like that.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Stars D is putrid, they won’t go far in the playoffs without some upgrades on D

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A rare game where the tankers and competitive committee can shake hands and be happy with the outcome
Well said. It was an entertaining game where our talent challenged team put in a great effort against a contending team. Their play and effort killing off that four minute penalty late in game where the Canadiens created more scoring chances than the Stars should be seen as one of the high- lights of the season.

Some can fairly question MSL’s coaching decisions but no one can question that this collection of players, the good, bad and ugly, will skate through a wall for this coach. They seldom fail to compete. And for that reason alone, MSL should earn our respect. He is the right coach, during this clearly obvious rebuilding phase, for this young and, at most times, entertaining team.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
A rare game where the tankers and competitive committee can shake hands and be happy with the outcome
TdIR-P.gif

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
There's only a few things that put someone on my ignore list, and one of them is a clear intention of being right over anything else.

He has never wanted Slaf to succeed, he has only ever wanted to be right. Got no time for people like that.

You admitted to doing the same with prospects in the past.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
0HzBZOC.gif

However, this guy scored again! And had several chances.

6598lEf.gif

Suzuki also found the net and Caufield extended his consecutive games point streak to 11!

AB2kpJf.gif

Discuss!

I was hoping for gifs and artwork that had references from the reference of the title...

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I know he makes alot of mistakes but his good play outweighs the bad in a huge way. Habs fleeced Pittsburgh.
He has been playing a much better game when paired with Guhle.
I don't think it's remotely close to how bad he was when paired with anyone else.
This Matheson I can live with despite the odd bobble trying to hold the line.
The other Matheson I couldn't and wouldn't stomach.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad