Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Speaking of partnerships, you guys should check out Ambrosus. It's been pretty heavily rumored in the last day or two that they have a parntership with GlaxoSmithKline under NDA which they would be announcing soon. This would be one of the most significant partnerships in crypto so far and considering how small of a marketcap it currently has, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a 5x in the near future.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Speaking of partnerships, you guys should check out Ambrosus. It's been pretty heavily rumored in the last day or two that they have a parntership with GlaxoSmithKline under NDA which they would be announcing soon. This would be one of the most significant partnerships in crypto so far and considering how small of a marketcap it currently has, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a 5x in the near future.
Thanks for the tip!

I've been looking into Groestlcoin more and more lately. I really like their project and they are up 80% today. Instant transactions, sub atomic fees, built to scale, very active development team, etc. Debating on moving my Nano over to GRS. Just seems like such a solid project.

Oh, not sure if I shared yet but NVO should have the paperwork for their centralized exchange - Veserus - back on April 25th. Should launch that day or shortly thereafter. They did miss their deadline for the DEX but they are continuing to make progress. :)

Reactions: What the Faulk

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think if you hold BAT and OMG you'll be very happy come end of year. The foundation they're laying plus the inevitable Coinbase listing (I would be shocked if those are not the first two tokens listed) will have them both booming. I think they both see at least 10x by EoY, probably more.

As always do your own research and this is not investment advice.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think if you hold BAT and OMG you'll be very happy come end of year. The foundation they're laying plus the inevitable Coinbase listing (I would be shocked if those are not the first two tokens listed) will have them both booming. I think they both see at least 10x by EoY, probably more.

As always do your own research and this is not investment advice.

:nod:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
ETH will be fine. Its infrastructure is huge and the big success a lot of these tokens will have will be good for it.

BTC on the other hand needs to go away and this will be a step in the right direction.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wondering what is going to happen to ETH and BTC as Binance adds more and more USD/FIAT pairs.

Part of the giant run up for ETH was due to it being added to so many trading pairs.
Going to hurt Bitcoin. Not so much Ether. Bitcoin is really nothing but a currency while Ether is an entire ecosystem.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Going to hurt Bitcoin. Not so much Ether. Bitcoin is really nothing but a currency while Ether is an entire ecosystem.

That is a good point. However, it isn't just Ether anymore though, you know what I mean? There are more and more projects like Ether every day. Just wondering how well Ethereum stands up against some of the newer projects + not being needed as a trading pair as much. Can it get back over $1,000? Or will it settle in between $650-$750?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That is a good point. However, it isn't just Ether anymore though, you know what I mean? There are more and more projects like Ether every day. Just wondering how well Ethereum stands up against some of the newer projects + not being needed as a trading pair as much. Can it get back over $1,000? Or will it settle in between $650-$750?

Yea there are other projects (Like Neo), but Ether will be the big one. It already has hundreds of companies already in the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance. No company will be able to catch up and Ethereum is only going to get better and faster. It is only a matter of time till Eth takes over Btc as the #1.

It will be WELL over 1,000 sometime likely this year. 650-750 will be by the summer again.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Yea there are other projects (Like Neo), but Ether will be the big one. It already has hundreds of companies already in the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance. No company will be able to catch up and Ethereum is only going to get better and faster. It is only a matter of time till Eth takes over Btc as the #1.

It will be WELL over 1,000 sometime likely this year. 650-750 will be by the summer again.

Question, as I'm trying to wrap my head around this - will the companies on the Alliance be buying Etherium/Ether and thus driving up the demand for it? If not, what purpose is there for the average consumer to buy it other than using it to buy other speculative cryptos?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Question, as I'm trying to wrap my head around this - will the companies on the Alliance be buying Etherium/Ether and thus driving up the demand for it? If not, what purpose is there for the average consumer to buy it other than using it to buy other speculative cryptos?

You need Ether to run smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. That's where the demand of Ether will come from.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
I know you guys do mostly investor chat here... but as a casual miner, I'm getting ripped off! I'm part of the NiceHash pool - about a week before the crash, my CPU was pulling down $4/day - that's the CPU, not the GPU's... the primary CPU based currency is rebounding hard, and yet NiceHash is paying out about 40 cents per day, and I KNOW the currency is worth more than that. I'm going to have to see how hard it is to join a different pool, as I know people are pulling down 6 to 8 times what I'm pulling right now. The only part I don't like is they're getting their payout in Monero, and NiceHash pays directly in Bitcoin, meaning it's harder for me to cash out, but it looks like it's time to abandon NH.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You need Ether to run smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. That's where the demand of Ether will come from.

Could you give me a use case example? You don't have to, by any means, it's just I haven't been able to find any examples of an etherium blockchain being effectively used that would necessitate that consumers buy Ether.

The only actual non-theoretical use cases for any cryptos that I've seen were for black market transactions.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Could you give me a use case example? You don't have to, by any means, it's just I haven't been able to find any examples of an etherium blockchain being effectively used that would necessitate that consumers buy Ether.

The only actual non-theoretical use cases for any cryptos that I've seen were for black market transactions.

...they just did? You know what smart contracts are, right?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I’m curious what people spend their Bitcoins, Etherium, or other coins on?

Anyone in the thread want to share their stories of what they’ve bought with crypto? Besides other crypto coins of course.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I’m curious what people spend their Bitcoins, Etherium, or other coins on?

Anyone in the thread want to share their stories of what they’ve bought with crypto? Besides other crypto coins of course.

Sure. My wife has bought a lot of stuff for our sons room through overstock.com. We are also about to buy a patio furniture set through them as well. All paid for using crypto.

I have also done a lot of smaller things such as pay for streaming services, pay or receive payments from friends for a multitude of things (settling up after a night out, all chipping in for a birthday gift, paying me for hotel rooms, etc.).

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Hats off to you good sir/madam. Did some research ( I had never even heard of Ambrosus before). Decided to take a gamble and I'm up 80% since then. :D

Reactions: JayToad

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Hats off to you good sir/madam. Did some research ( I had never even heard of Ambrosus before). Decided to take a gamble and I'm up 80% since then. :D
Ha, I was wondering if anybody was smart enough to look into it themselves and see the potential. The pleasure is mine. The thing I love about crypto is that there are so many people willing to help others succeed. A number of them really showed me the ropes and taught me how the market works a while back and changed my life so I wanna pay it forward as well. A rising tide lifts all boats as they say :)

Reactions: Gardner McKay

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Oh and by the way, there's still time to get in, this is just the beginning. Realize that they just hired a new CMO who they pried away from Versace, and combine it with a number of absolutely massive announcements which will be steadily released in the coming month and you have the makings of a run up which to me feels an awful lot like the one Vechain had.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Ether hits $700 again...what a run it's been for the last few weeks :)
So, do we think that Bitcoin hits 10k again? I've mentioned it a few times, but I'm not an investor like you guys, just a small time miner - but I get paid in bitcoin, and have some that I've held onto since the last crash, and I'd like to cash it out at around 10k. I get the impression that long term, Bitcoin might not hold its value as it gets replaced by other currencies, but I'd like to get a little more value than what it holds right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad