Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can't say that I bought back in. I moved my ICX for OMG just before the big dip. I'm pretty happy with my position though because I moved 85% of my portfolio into Oyster Pearl when it was at .85ish. I think there'll be some big gains there in the run up to the airdrop. It's starting to actually get some publicity.

With that said I can't decide if I want to sell it all like an hour before the airdrop to maximize profits and then buy back in after or if I can try to time it for right after the snapshot. It won't be more valuable for a while than right before the snapshot, but at the same time the mainnet is being released in May IIRC and it's essentially going to be functional very soon. The value should go up but there should still be a temporary dip after the airdrop.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah...a lot of people are saying BAT, OMG and SONM are prime candidates for Coinbase. We'll see what happens.

I moved everything into Pearl before this huge drop again so I feel pretty good right now. Will likely sell just before the airdrop snapshot on the 6th and rediversify before buying back in after the inevitable dip.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah...a lot of people are saying BAT, OMG and SONM are prime candidates for Coinbase. We'll see what happens.

I moved everything into Pearl before this huge drop again so I feel pretty good right now. Will likely sell just before the airdrop snapshot on the 6th and rediversify before buying back in after the inevitable dip.

Very nice since I hold BAT and OMG. BAT has also been doing very well over the last 2 days, aside from everyone else, so someone must know something.

Oh and you are missing out if you don't have the Brave browser on your smartphone. Extremely fast.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well I'm not 100% sure on the timing but I think BAT started pumping because the coinbase founder or CEO or whatever said he was a big fan of it. I think that coupled with the ERC-20 news is going to be driving it up.

Though I don't think the support will be ready for months. I think by then Pearl could also have a good chance since they'll have a full working product and mainnet.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
DZZ3aapWkAAKWAW.jpg:large

Before and after Bitcoin futures... Obviously a lot of additional factors at play, but interesting correlation (not saying causation I should add) nonetheless.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This is depressing.

There is literally nothing but good news coming with Ether but it's just riding the BTC wave downward, as all the Alt coins are too.

I guess I can't really complain, a year ago it was at $33 and now it's in the $300s. The huge spike back in November-Dec was hype train in full effect and the whole world buying it (well 1%?). Do i wish I knew what I knew back then? Hell yea, would have sold at 1400 and bought back in today. Ether and Crypto as a whole is still the future, and i'm in for the long haul. Just have to get through the rough times.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
This is depressing.

There is literally nothing but good news coming with Ether but it's just riding the BTC wave downward, as all the Alt coins are too.

I guess I can't really complain, a year ago it was at $33 and now it's in the $300s. The huge spike back in November-Dec was hype train in full effect and the whole world buying it (well 1%?). Do i wish I knew what I knew back then? Hell yea, would have sold at 1400 and bought back in today. Ether and Crypto as a whole is still the future, and i'm in for the long haul. Just have to get through the rough times.

Yeah. Really frustrating even to see some of the smaller coins making really good technical progress but still ultimately getting dragged down by this invisible peg to Bitcoin.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Remember how a few months ago we were talking about how we all need to prepare ourselves for when shit inevitably hits the fan? We all thought it would be a year or two down the line but it's clear that it's happening right now. I'm not too worried since I'm invested in coins that I feel will have a strong future no matter what but I can't deny that seeing this happen really f***ing hurts.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like it's finally showing some signs of life again...hopefully we hit the bottom a few days ago and now it's all up again. (I feel like i've said this a few times now...)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Keep seeing more FUD about WTC. Not sure how much truth there is to this post:

Can someone make a list of every stunt that WaltonChain pulled since summer 2017?
From the top of my head; the rigged Twitter competition debacle, the clumsy "apology" of the same, the photoshopped photos of the team members, that one time where a DEV posted a photograph in front of a company HQ to "prove" a partnership, that one time where the DEV team visited a site out of charity and clumsily reported about it on social media, this latest stunt of unnecessarily creating hype around an airdrop to already loaded masternode holders.
Did I miss anything? I have no personal vendetta with WTC, but I really resent the fact that these things make the entire cryptosphere look amateurish.

Can someone debunk?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
"I have no personal vendetta against WTC"

Clearly bullshit. And what makes "crypto look bad" is things continuously being blown out of proportion or outright conspiracy theories being repeated as facts. Not sure why WTC brings out the toxicity in people just because they've stumbled a few times, but there are definitely vultures around whenever it does happen. That doesn't mean you're entitled to your own version of the truth, though. Again, you don't have to be nervous/jealous that it's a good project. All of these things can coexist.

Ugh, not sure why I'm checking hidden posts though. Guess I was hoping we were past all this. Looks like we aren't.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
One thing you can't use against WTC is that they are actually developing their own blockchain.

Their marketing is shady but it's not like it's Centra for example.

And part of the WTC FUD is due to it being a Chinese coin. Same thing happened with NEO/Antshares.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anyone seeing the 'attack' on Verge? Not looking good for them.

And part of the WTC FUD is due to it being a Chinese coin. Same thing happened with NEO/Antshares.
This is true. I see a lot of people pointing to some documentary about Chinese business every time WTC is brought up recently.

I don't know one way or another if WTC is legit; I was just looking for clarification on that post since there were a few things in there I hadn't heard of.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Anyone seeing the 'attack' on Verge? Not looking good for them.

This is true. I see a lot of people pointing to some documentary about Chinese business every time WTC is brought up recently.

I don't know one way or another if WTC is legit; I was just looking for clarification on that post since there were a few things in there I hadn't heard of.

They're progressing with the actual tech development so in that case it's legit.

Disclaimer: Not financial advise. Do your own research.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
One thing you can't use against WTC is that they are actually developing their own blockchain.

Their marketing is shady but it's not like it's Centra for example.

NEO and WTC are not even in the same boat. NEO has been basically ALL good news, WTC just has red flag after red flag. If that poster above wants to cover his eyes and scream"la la la la" to pretend there is nothing wrong then he is free too. Not sure why he feels the need to be a baby that people don't share in his opinion.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
NEO and WTC are not even in the same boat. NEO has been basically ALL good news, WTC just has red flag after red flag. If that poster above wants to cover his eyes and scream"la la la la" to pretend there is nothing wrong then he is free too. Not sure why he feels the need to be a baby that people don't share in his opinion.

I guess you didn't see the Antshares has only two developers and no github FUD that kept going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad