Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So, do we think that Bitcoin hits 10k again? I've mentioned it a few times, but I'm not an investor like you guys, just a small time miner - but I get paid in bitcoin, and have some that I've held onto since the last crash, and I'd like to cash it out at around 10k. I get the impression that long term, Bitcoin might not hold its value as it gets replaced by other currencies, but I'd like to get a little more value than what it holds right now.

IF this run continues for another week or so, I can't imagine it not hitting 10k. BCH on the other hand is going bonkers due to the upcoming fork on May 15th.

Oh - Binance just released a nifty feature. It allows you to exchange virtually any coin dust (as long as the coin hasn't been delisted) for BNB.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
I hope to sell at the right time :laugh: Not big money, but my parents' 8 year old plasma is starting to lose its brightness - it would be nice to sell off, and get them a newer, bigger TV :nod:

Reactions: Gardner McKay

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I hope to sell at the right time :laugh: Not big money, but my parents' 8 year old plasma is starting to lose its brightness - it would be nice to sell off, and get them a newer, bigger TV :nod:

Why not set sell orders around the $10k mark? Or look for a vendor that accepts Bitcoin? I think Newegg accepts Bitcoin as payment.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So, do we think that Bitcoin hits 10k again? I've mentioned it a few times, but I'm not an investor like you guys, just a small time miner - but I get paid in bitcoin, and have some that I've held onto since the last crash, and I'd like to cash it out at around 10k. I get the impression that long term, Bitcoin might not hold its value as it gets replaced by other currencies, but I'd like to get a little more value than what it holds right now.

Oh absolutely, 100%. Bitcoin long, long term MIGHT not hold it's value, espically when exchanges start offerings all the Alts for fait, but it's not going anywhere anytime soon. This bull run could last a long time. I wouldn't be surprised to see it back at 20K by the end of the year.

Nothing wrong with that! Have to take some profit here and there otherwise... whats the point?

Indeed, I already have my date set..July 24th, pulling out 10% of my Ether(last time I bought Ether, just to make sure everything will be long term capital gains for the taxes). Hoping it over $1,000 at that point. That alone would allow some easy living for awhile and I can let the rest sit there and grow :). Thinking maybe every 6-10 months I'll pull out 10% after that.

edit - just realized that's exactly 3 months from today

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
It's a guarantee that bitcoin breaks 50k. Only question is when. I know for a fact that institutions have been buying billion dollar blocks OTC for a while now. Nothing in the forseeable future is even close to dethroning bitcoin.

Oh and by the way, if you guys don't have at least a little gambling stack in OCN already, you're doing crypto wrong. It's gonna be the tron of this coming hype cycle.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It's a guarantee that bitcoin breaks 50k. Only question is when. I know for a fact that institutions have been buying billion dollar blocks OTC for a while now. Nothing in the forseeable future is even close to dethroning bitcoin.

Oh and by the way, if you guys don't have at least a little gambling stack in OCN already, you're doing crypto wrong. It's gonna be the tron of this coming hype cycle.

I picked up a bunch yesterday. Great minds think alike! There are also rumors about a 1:1 air drop that I can't find if they are legit or not.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005

I know you're not a financial advisor, yada yada *disclaimer* - but I'm curious - do you have any particular expectations of Bitcoin within the calendar year?

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
I know you're not a financial advisor, yada yada *disclaimer* - but I'm curious - do you have any particular expectations of Bitcoin within the calendar year?
Some of the big fish have talked about 30-50k this year. And I would not be surprised at all at 100k in a few years. Jihan Wu will rule the world.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Some of the big fish have talked about 30-50k this year. And I would not be surprised at all at 100k in a few years. Jihan Wu will rule the world.
That makes it tempting to hang on for a bit. I'll have to do some poking around, and see what I think. Thanks!

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
That makes it tempting to hang on for a bit. I'll have to do some poking around, and see what I think. Thanks!
Yep, only you can decide your course of action, I just try to pass on some whispers. Just remember that every single so called expert in this field is a puppet who reads a script that gets handed down from above.

Oh, and couple more things: looks like Matrix AI is getting a big exchange listing soon and for all the people holding AMB in here, I think you'll be quite happy heading into this weekend...

Last edited:

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
There are potentially much more profitable options than using Nicehash btw.
I'm basically looking for something relatively easy to set up. Have any specific recommendations though? I'm still using Nicehash for my video cards, but I switched to Winminer for my CPU - the payout for CPU mining on Nicehash took a dive, and has never gone back up, so switching to Winminer increased my CPU profitability by 5 to 6 hundred percent. I have a 16 core processor, it might as well make some of its cost back!

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
I'm basically looking for something relatively easy to set up. Have any specific recommendations though? I'm still using Nicehash for my video cards, but I switched to Winminer for my CPU - the payout for CPU mining on Nicehash took a dive, and has never gone back up, so switching to Winminer increased my CPU profitability by 5 to 6 hundred percent. I have a 16 core processor, it might as well make some of its cost back!
If you don't have serious hardware the trick is to look for obscure coins that are still easy to mine and wait for them to increase in value. Realize that the more popular a coin is, the more people are going to be mining it which means a smaller share for you. The people who made millions mining bitcoin and ethereum did it by getting in at the ground floor when it wasn't as accessible to the average computer user.

Ravencoin could still be a good possibility. It uses a new hashing algorithm which is designed to be asic resistant and it has big players backing it. A friend got into it early and was making 8 to 10k a month mining and then selling otc.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
If you don't have serious hardware the trick is to look for obscure coins that are still easy to mine and wait for them to increase in value. Realize that the more popular a coin is, the more people are going to be mining it which means a smaller share for you. The people who made millions mining bitcoin and ethereum did it by getting in at the ground floor when it wasn't as accessible to the average computer user.

Ravencoin could still be a good possibility. It uses a new hashing algorithm which is designed to be asic resistant and it has big players backing it. A friend got into it early and was making 8 to 10k a month mining and then selling otc.
I'm definitely not a serious player - I'll look into Ravencoin - thanks!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yep, only you can decide your course of action, I just try to pass on some whispers. Just remember that every single so called expert in this field is a puppet who reads a script that gets handed down from above.

Oh, and couple more things: looks like Matrix AI is getting a big exchange listing soon and for all the people holding AMB in here, I think you'll be quite happy heading into this weekend...
I picked up a good amount. For as cheap as it was, worth the risk. Hoping you're right :)

void

Jan 5, 2006

Why? 4Chan getting ready to pump again?

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Any posts written with certainty about specific numbers by specific dates need to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt.
I'm definitely taking them with a grain of salt - I haven't predetermined for sure what I'm going to do, other than waiting for Bitcoin to hit at least 10k before I sell what I have. If I'm feeling good about it, I might hold off longer to see what appears to be happening, but I will be selling this year. Since I'm not sinking savings into anything, I'm just mining, I've got a little more freedom to do some speculative "investing" (mining) and not feel like I'm really losing anything, so I might do as advised earlier, and try to mine some obscure coins - not as my full time strategy, but a little here and there.

Reactions: What the Faulk

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Why? 4Chan getting ready to pump again?
Should be the start of a series of big announcements leading into EDCON.

And of course, you shouldn't trust anybody blindly. I just try to share some of the things I hear. Sometime plans change temporarily due to extraneous circumstances. I learned that the hard way myself recently with the BCH pump which was originally supposed to coincide with Satoshi's Vision conference but got delayed.

Last edited:

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Not sure if you saw the telegram group that got exposed. Some fairly big names too. Also, to anyone who follows suppoman, he is a complete fraud. I can personally verify this. He and his top lackeys also orchestrate pump and dumps.
Can't believe people are surprised. Did they think that when their favorite youtube financial advisor started shilling a coin he hadn't already filled his bags? And lol at those guys throwing in a couple of bitcoin and expecting to be market makers.

You guys should watch China Hustle. It relates to crypto perfectly. Pretty much every single Chinese coin is a scam. You can still make money on it, but it's a total scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->