Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
But really, y tho.
upload_2017-10-25_7-52-52.png

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Bitcoin Gold is down to $115 on Bitfinex. With them locking out US customers, I can't see BTG having anything going for it if Bitfinex is the major exchange it is listed on. I hope it fails miserably.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Guess everyone is shuffling back to BTC on preparation for the next fork. Seriously wondering if it's advantageous to do the same for a few weeks.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Have you guys looked into Kucoin? Both the exchange and coin? They're starting to list the really good Chinese coins.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Go Fork Yourself: Ethereum Booming, Near Doubling the Transactions of Bitcoin

https://www.cryptoanalyst.co/2017/10/26/ethereum-booming-double-bitcoin/

Now that Ethereum’s reaching all-time transaction highs of 540,000 transactions per day, though, the current #2 crypto enterprise has notched an impressive win over its older cousin Bitcoin, almost doubling BTC’s volume of 323,000 daily transactions.
And while the die will continue to be cast, and this transaction dynamic may in time be reversed again, it’s certainly beyond mere promising news that the platform is now being used more on a daily basis than Bitcoin, as BTC’s enjoyed ultimate first-mover status hitherto.

Foresight, because you know that future amazing milestones will be notched on the backs of the milestones of today—milestones like almost doubling BTC’s daily transactions.
With the ongoing, incredibly contentious SegWit2x debate in the Bitcoin community, BTC’s future is cloudier than ever—there’s just no telling what will happen.
Ethereum’s future, conversely, is brighter than ever. And that’s a dynamic that doesn’t look like it’ll change any time soon.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
That article is hilarious.

BTC's future is cloudier than ever? There's been like, 3 or 4 bigger issues than S2X in the past year alone, to say nothing of the much more uncertain earlier days. It was ~$1800 in mid-July.

I think saying 540 is almost double 323 is indicative of the hyperbole present in that article. I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but the ETH supply is much bigger than the BTC supply. So it makes sense that they would have more transactions. And it also makes sense that ETH would not be valued nearly as high due to that large supply, which isn't capped at any point like BTC. People holding their BTC and not selling only drives up the scarcity and price.

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Ethereum will never reach the price of Bitcoin but it could exceed their marketcap in the future.

I think Bitcoin will only have a cloudy future if all this fork stuff that's going on occurs when Bitcoin is mainstream. As of now it's not mainstream enough to have a huge affect on its future.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ethereum will never reach the price of Bitcoin but it could exceed their marketcap in the future.

I think Bitcoin will only have a cloudy future if all this fork stuff that's going on occurs when Bitcoin is mainstream. As of now it's not mainstream enough to have a huge affect on its future.

Absolutely impossible to know that. Maybe not in the next couple years, but in 5-6 years is anyones guess.

Same with price guessing with Bitcoin. In 5-6 years it could be 50,000. Nobody knows.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Absolutely impossible to know that. Maybe not in the next couple years, but in 5-6 years is anyones guess.

Same with price guessing with Bitcoin. In 5-6 years it could be 50,000. Nobody knows.

The marketcap for Ethereum would have to be massive to reach Bitcoin's price. For Ether to reach Bitcoin's price nearly everyone holding ETH would have to be staking to reduce the circulating supply.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The marketcap for Ethereum would have to be massive to reach Bitcoin's price. For Ether to reach Bitcoin's price nearly everyone holding ETH would have to be staking to reduce the circulating supply.

A year ago people would have laughed at the thought of Ether ever hitting $400..it's done that twice already ;)

Will be very interesting to see what happens when either switches to PoS in a couple years as well.

It's literally impossible to speculate since we have no idea how big Ethereum will be and who will be using it in a few years. Bitcoin is basically just a currency, Ethereum is something so much more.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
A year ago people would have laughed at the thought of Ether ever hitting $400..it's done that twice already ;)

Will be very interesting to see what happens when either switches to PoS in a couple years as well.

It's literally impossible to speculate since we have no idea how big Ethereum will be and who will be using it in a few years. Bitcoin is basically just a currency, Ethereum is something so much more.

I agree about Ethereum but circulating supply and marketcap matters in terms of price.

I can even see other tokens like NEO exceeding ETH's price just because of their lower circulating supply. Even now DASH is almost at ETH's price due to their circulating supply.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, ETH has a bright future, but there's zero chance the value of the individual coin will eclipse that of BTC, short of some sort of black swan event to beat all other black swan events. And even then, I think you might be talking life support for crypto adoption at that point.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, ETH has a bright future, but there's zero chance the value of the individual coin will eclipse that of BTC, short of some sort of black swan event to beat all other black swan events. And even then, I think you might be talking life support for crypto adoption at that point.

Well no, I don't think they will ever be equal..that won't happen. But it's possibly it will hit 6K years down to the road (which is what BTC is at now, obviously BTC will be much higher in a few years as well)

Of course this is a ton of WHAT IFs and a lot of things need to go right and fall into place for it to ever come close to that price.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Just picked up some VTC yesterday and it's already on the move again. The block reward is halving in December and it just got Nano Ledger s support last week. Could prove to be a good pick up.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
So did any of you read about WTC's wallet update? I'm putting almost everything into there now.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So did any of you read about WTC's wallet update? I'm putting almost everything into there now.

Nope. I have been busy with NVO. Wallet (NVO, not WTC) was supposed to be dropped tomorrow but was delayed this morning for another 2 days. Was invited to a skype session with the Devs but I couldn't access while at work. I did get some screen shots from another member and although they have asked me not to post the screen shots just yet.... EHHRRMMAAGOODDDD it looks amazing.

Right now I am split between NVO (NVST), WTC, OMG and I have small amounts in UBIQ and COSS. Any key points on the wallet update you can share? Debating saying **** everything and going all in on NVO and WTC.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What do you think about NVO adoption, @Gardner McKay? The sub is pretty dead and I see almost no talk of it around the cryptosphere.

We don't go on reddit. It is all slack based. Unfortunately, slack has a limit in terms of invites and we are currently at capacity and that sucks. Tons of new people want to join. So many of the invites were taken up by spammers. They aren't really wanting too much attention until the wallet is ready. There are so many other projects out there that come out with tons marketing and guns blazing and yet they don't have a working project to show for it. Once the Wallet is released, the marketing will start, this I can confirm.

The rest I will PM you as I have been asked to not post it publicly, yet.

Reactions: What the Faulk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad