Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Can't believe people are surprised. Did they think that when their favorite youtube financial advisor started shilling a coin he hadn't already filled his bags? And lol at those guys throwing in a couple of bitcoin and expecting to be market makers.

You guys should watch China Hustle. It relates to crypto perfectly. Pretty much every single Chinese coin is a scam. You can still make money on it, but it's a total scam

Oh I am not surprised reading that. I knew it happened. Reading the details was a bit interesting.

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Oh I am not surprised reading that. I knew it happened. Reading the details was a bit interesting.
People wouldn't even believe it if they knew how deep this goes. Lets just say it'll make a very good movie in a few years. Again, you can still make money with these coins but you better get out before they dump on you. Ven is the only one I would be willing to hold long term. One of the very few that isn't a total scam.

Reactions: Emily

void

Jan 5, 2006
People wouldn't even believe it if they knew how deep this goes. Lets just say it'll make a very good movie in a few years. Again, you can still make money with these coins but you better get out before they dump on you. Ven is the only one I would be willing to hold long term. One of the very few that isn't a total scam.

Chinese coins are probably the worst offenders. Not all of them of course but I'd say the majority.

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Chinese coins are probably the worst offenders. Not all of them of course but I'd say the majority.
Yes, my bad. Forgot to say I was talking specifically about Chinese coins. They've turned it into an art form. There's guys you can hire who will write up a whitepaper over a weekend for 100k. Most of them are just copied and mashed together from old bitcointalk posts. Mostly about Skycoin. Patrick Dai (not even his real name lol) became filthy rich doing this with Qtum.

Note this also includes OCN, but that doesn't mean I'm not balls deep in it.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Lol, of course. It's like clockwork. Speak with certainty about specific numbers, shit on China coins, but VEN is cool.

No idea why VEN kids need to push conspiracy theories.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
People are still in on Golem? That's one of the very first altcoins I bought and one of the few I had to take a small loss on. I do want to like it, but even during the December explosion, it didn't even double from its previous ATH.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
People are still in on Golem? That's one of the very first altcoins I bought and one of the few I had to take a small loss on. I do want to like it, but even during the December explosion, it didn't even double from its previous ATH.

Indeed. They have made a lot of good progress recently. I believe that was my first altcoin I invested in as well. I thought about bailing on them also awhile back but ended up holding everything.

Golem Arrives: One of Ethereum's Most Ambitious Apps Is Finally Live - CoinDesk

Reactions: What the Faulk

void

Jan 5, 2006
Lol, of course. It's like clockwork. Speak with certainty about specific numbers, **** on China coins, but VEN is cool.

What's wrong with VEN? You've brought them (ven kids?) up a few times and I'm not sure why already). And what conspiracy theories? Many Chinese coins being shady as f*** isn't a conspiracy theory. A lot of them are simply used as a money funnel.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
What's wrong with VEN? You've brought them (ven kids?) up a few times and I'm not sure why already). And what conspiracy theories? Many Chinese coins being shady as **** isn't a conspiracy theory. A lot of them are simply used as a money funnel.

I have nothing against the VEN project and I think it's a worthwhile investment, but there are a lot of followers there that spread baseless FUD about a lot of the competition. Crypto has always been toxic in one way or another, but the VEN community is where a lot of the conspiracy theories originate. They've taken things to a whole other level. Things get repeated via a game of telephone and taken as fact without any tangible evidence.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I have nothing against the VEN project and I think it's a worthwhile investment, but there are a lot of followers there that spread baseless FUD about a lot of the competition. Crypto has always been toxic in one way or another, but the VEN community is where a lot of the conspiracy theories originate. They've taken things to a whole other level. Things get repeated via a game of telephone and taken as fact without any tangible evidence.

What do you mean by community? The idiots on reddit? If so, ignore them. Reddit is a cesspool. I used to be more active over a few years but I haven't posted anything in ages because I can't be bothered arguing with a bunch of 13 years olds. I think you give these guys too much credit. They don't have anywhere near as much influence as you think they have.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What do you mean by community? The idiots on reddit? If so, ignore them. Reddit is a cesspool. I used to be more active over a few years but I haven't posted anything in ages because I can't be bothered arguing with a bunch of 13 years olds. I think you give these guys too much credit. They don't have anywhere near as much influence as you think they have.

To well established projects... they don't have much influence. You are absolutely correct. On newer projects, I do actually think they have a fair amount of influence and can actually drive the conversation one way or another.

I do agree to ignore them in most cases. There is nothing gained from dealing with people who just don't care.

On a positive note... things are going really well for all coins right now!

Reactions: What the Faulk

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Golem is like Siacoin to the extent that it is a right of passage in the crypto world. When you first get in, you buy what, Bitcoin? Maybe some Ethereum? Then cheaper coins. You buy your XRP hoping it can be $100 per token some day. You also buy Sia and Golem.

Golem is a significantly better project than Sia FWIW.

Reactions: Intoewsables

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Golem is like Siacoin to the extent that it is a right of passage in the crypto world. When you first get in, you buy what, Bitcoin? Maybe some Ethereum? Then cheaper coins. You buy your XRP hoping it can be $100 per token some day. You also buy Sia and Golem.

Golem is a significantly better project than Sia FWIW.

Yup, I had a bunch of SC too. One of the other ones I took a small loss on. I've never touched XRP though. Not because I believe it's bad or anything, I just see that #3 market cap and wonder how late to the party I am so I never really looked into it.

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
Lol, of course. It's like clockwork. Speak with certainty about specific numbers, **** on China coins, but VEN is cool.

Lol you got me. Every post I've made here was a carefully placed breadcrumb ultimately leading to my Ven shill. I don't even own Ven anymore, though it's been one of my most profitable coins.

With regards to speaking about certainties or Chinese coins I'll say this: The inner circle of crypto is small and closely connected. I'm not in it but I know people who are and that means that there's a bit of information asymmetry going on here. Lets just say if I didn't believe in conspiracies before, I sure do now. Like I've said from the beginning I'm only trying to pass along some of what I hear and I don't expect anybody to blindly believe me. Feel free to revisit my statements 6 months or a year from now and see whether I was right or not.

Also, you guys getting burned by coins need to look up the J-curve.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I never got into Siacoin or Golem (though I thought about it). My big burn came from Qlink and HelloGold.

For the foreseeable future after Pearl's CEO going on that immature rant I'm only in XRP, OMG, BAT and AMB for a while. I still like Ark though.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I never got into Siacoin or Golem (though I thought about it). My big burn came from Qlink and HelloGold.

For the foreseeable future after Pearl's CEO going on that immature rant I'm only in XRP, OMG, BAT and AMB for a while. I still like Ark though.
Qlink and others spiked a bit when the market was at its ATH. I'm still holding. Then again, I bought bought it around 20c. I wish I had sold when it hit $1.20 :cry:

OMG, as others have said will likely have a big year. Still holding strong with that one.

I bought a bunch of WAN a few weeks ago. I have such high expectations for that project.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Monero going down a couple of days in a row. That's one I would really like to see take a run.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Qlink and others spiked a bit when the market was at its ATH. I'm still holding. Then again, I bought bought it around 20c. I wish I had sold when it hit $1.20 :cry:

OMG, as others have said will likely have a big year. Still holding strong with that one.

I bought a bunch of WAN a few weeks ago. I have such high expectations for that project.
Yeah, unfortunately I bought QLink around .90, iirc, and sold it around .40. Luckily it wasn't a huge part of my portfolio, but enough to make a dent.

Yeah, OMG and BAT are the two I'm very confident in. Ripple is my safe coin and AMB is my gamble for the year. I'm just going to try and keep it between these four for 2018 because it's just too much research and the trading, etc. is too time consuming. What I've been doing for the last few weeks is holding 2 of those 4, selling a stack each time one of them gets a decent increase (10%+) and moving it into one of the other two that I'm not holding. Rinse and repeat. It's actually worked pretty decently so far.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This is what stupidity looks like - people wonder why they get scammed/hacked.

upload_2018-4-30_13-48-54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad