Post-Game Talk: Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
He threw a nice hit against Vancouver while Pettersson was behind him scoring a goal.

LMAO. I remember this. 3 v 2 coming at him and he goes to hit at the blue line and it causes a 2 v 1 against. I thought it was a strange play because you usually see D pinching in the offensive zone, but it was like, a D-zone pinch. Haha.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Trouba throws hits and punches faces with the best of them. Aren't we all sick of him?

Matter of fact, a lot of Trouba's greatest hits of cool/funny incidents came in games we got walked in. Hell, earlier this year Cuylle had an amazing sequence where he destroyed somebody, won a fight, and drew two penalties. It came in probably our worst-played win of the season and we just kept right on playing like crap after it happened. The extracurricular shit doesn't accomplish anything. (Thankfully this is just a coincidence and Cuylle is a responsible player who understands how to forecheck in this league without being a moron).

Back to Trouba, the play he made on Oshie's goal was lazy. Sorry, but it was.

I believe he cares. I've never questioned his captaincy. His work in the community and his voice in the room are fine, that part I believe. That being said, his habits on the ice are lazy. Being a nice guy who cares about his teammates and is willing to get/play hurt doesn't make you not lazy.

At this level, you have to clean up certain habits. It's not fun, not stylish, and it's hard work. Trouba likes throwing big hits. Who doesn't? You destroy somebody and the crowd pops. It's a great time. If he can't line you up and destroy you, he couldn't be bothered. There's lazy habits all over his game and all over a lot of guys on this team.

Unlike somebody like Zibanejad or Tkachuk, Trouba isn't making up for it with raw talent to any extent, either.

Bonino is right in the same boat. He's willing to block shots. Good for him. He's still totally irresponsible, flinging the puck around the ice like he's Adam Oates. If he managed the puck, he might not be one of the worst 5v5 players in the league.

Totally stealing this from @DanielBrassard who has talked a lot about how effectively Pitlick moves the puck up the ice since he's been gone, despite having like, no talent. This team doesn't need piss and vinegar. They need more players able and willing to manage the puck.
Trouba actually made a stupid decision on that goal. Fox gets beat. 3 on 1. Trouba for some reason stays on his post and allows 2 guys to come at the goalie. And we almost get away with it. But somehow the 2 free guys don't score but the guy that Trouba stayed over there for gets the goal. Trouba looks like a schmuck there.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
They wouldn't do that anyway. They love him.

People talk about three coaches couldn't do this and couldn't do that. Three coaches looked at Trouba and decided he should play a ton.

Maybe it's the people hiring the coaches.

Or maybe it's the total personnel. Or maybe every NHL team has had streaks like this, this season.

He's a better latter-day Larry Murphy. You can win Cups with this kind of guy but he needs to be your 4th best player, not your best or 2nd best player.

There, I said it.

Who?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Panarin been blowing a lot of chances lately but yeah he’s our best all round shooter these days , which isn’t saying much.
He's got 26 goals so on pace for 50 so I would say that is saying plenty. They have Panarin on pace for 50 and Kreider for 40. We like to complain but how many teams have more potential 40+ goal scorers? I wouldn't think too many.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This team still has a lot of loser mentality and laziness in them.

The PP has looked like crap for weeks.

They're starting to transition to a retooled version, the problem is only one of the wingers is ready (Cullye) while the other one who would help (Edstrom) got sick and then injured at the two worst times this year.

Hopefully Kakko is back tomorrow just so they have some depth and more than 1.5 lines going.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
He's got 26 goals so on pace for 50 so I would say that is saying plenty. They have Panarin on pace for 50 and Kreider for 40. We like to complain but how many teams have more potential 40+ goal scorers? I wouldn't think too many.
yea that isn't the problem. its the defensive play, goaltending and the fact that we have player in our bottom six on pace for 2 goals

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
yea that isn't the problem. its the defensive play, goaltending and the fact that we have player in our bottom six on pace for 2 goals
I agree with this. All those things I have mentioned as problems. We have a bunch of guys in the bottom 6 with 1 goal. Bonino, Goodrow, and Pitlick. I like Pitlick though as a 4th liner because he does other stuff.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I agree with this. All those things I have mentioned as problems. We have a bunch of guys in the bottom 6 with 1 goal. Bonino, Goodrow, and Pitlick. I like Pitlick though as a 4th liner because he does other stuff.
Yea I forgot the s after the word player in my post. We literally have 3 players on pace for 2 goals and with our luck they won't even score that second goal and finish with one goal. Unacceptable. 4th liners should chip in with 5-10 goals at least imo and on good teams one of them would have a career year and pot 15. We should get 15-35 goals out of that group and instead we will get like 6. This is without even discussing how often they get caved in.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
I thought they ran into hot goalies a couple of times recently but that game was just terrible.

Top six looked great without Zibanejad and we produced like 6.65 xG. He comes back and everyone immediately dies. He's a problem. He makes players worse.
Mika too soft physically and mentally! I’m sure he’s an awesome dude to hang out with! But hockey is hard!

Reactions: TheDirtyH

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
Let’s face it they need to make moves! They’ve got some great pieces, but if we want to go deep in the playoffs, this team is not going to do it! This is not a playoff built team. This is a team built for the season!

Slaydagnar

Oct 18, 2015
Vero Beach, FL
People always love to go apeshit over one turnover but at least he was trying something. It beats Miller never playing the body and just letting guys gain territory.

I don't think think Miller is irreparably soft or afraid of contact but this team's "always do the safe thing" vanilla ass culture has him in its grips.

Granted, I'm not saying do what Trouba does and go ten feet out of position, but aside from that, this whole team could use some more risk in their game.

“I don't think think Miller is irreparably soft or afraid of contact but this team's "always do the safe thing" vanilla ass culture has him in its grips. “

Nonsense he is just that soft and it’s pitiful with his size and talent. This team is way too easy to play against across the board

Ranger scouting needs to start to prioritize character and physicality over just finesse.
You need some meanness and snarl to win in playoff hockey sadly this Team is not constructed to win Playoff hockey.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
“I don't think think Miller is irreparably soft or afraid of contact but this team's "always do the safe thing" vanilla ass culture has him in its grips. “

Nonsense he is just that soft and it’s pitiful with his size and talent. This team is way too easy to play against across the board

Ranger scouting needs to start to prioritize character and physicality over just finesse.
You need some meanness and snarl to win in playoff hockey sadly this Team is not constructed to win Playoff hockey.
That's precisely what they did when they sent the letter out according to Gorton and it built this roster.

Prioritizing character and physicality usually just leads to acquiring players who hit a lot because they're behind the play.

Get good players and then teach them to play the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad