Post-Game Talk: Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
most of the problems boil down to the fact that we have $8mil in cap space, tons of ice time and the C allotted to someone worse at his position than the corpse of Marc Staal. i'm dead serious, he's worse than 2024 Marc Staal. by a good margin.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
most of the problems boil down to the fact that we have $8mil in cap space, tons of ice time and the C allotted to someone worse at his position than the corpse of Marc Staal. i'm dead serious, he's worse than 2024 Marc Staal. by a good margin.
That and the fact that Chytil, Kakko, and even Pitlick who is a decent 4th liner aren't playing. We have too much garbage in this lineup right now.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
That and the fact that Chytil, Kakko, and even Pitlick who is a decent 4th liner aren't playing. We have too much garbage in this lineup right now.

you coulda had Gretzky Lemieux Messier on the ice tonight and Trouba still blows his coverage on the Oshie goal

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Vally said it and I have read it before. I'm not making it up. Do you have numbers to back up your point that it's been the same?
According to MoneyPuck, at 5v5, we're 15th in rebound shots for. We have 14 rebound goals at 5v5, ranked 9th, through half the season. The 14 rebound goals is 17.28% of all our 5v5 goals. Last year, we had 17 rebound 5v5 goals in all, which was 9.44% of all 5v5 goals.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
maybe build a team with more depth so when there's two (two!) key injuries we dont have to run two full lines of dogshit

Reactions: RangersFan1994

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Someone else mentioned it, but we are very lucky we came out strong to begin to begin the season with the woes we're having.

We've got 6 games in 10 days and this stretch is kind of going to be a gut check here. We'll see.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
you coulda had Gretzky Lemieux Messier on the ice tonight and Trouba still blows his coverage on the Oshie goal
Yes but those guys would have compensated for the defensive breakdowns and scored 5 goals. We don't have a roster than can overcome these mistakes and mediocre goaltending the last few weeks.

Reactions: hardnosed

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
maybe build a team with more depth so when there's two (two!) key injuries we dont have to run two full lines of dogshit
That's coming but this is sort of a transition year hence the 1 year signings. Berard, Othmann, Sykora, Perreault should be here next year or 2. It is what it is.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
According to MoneyPuck, at 5v5, we're 15th in rebound shots for. We have 14 rebound goals at 5v5, ranked 9th, through half the season. The 14 rebound goals is 17.28% of all our 5v5 goals. Last year, we had 17 rebound 5v5 goals in all, which was 9.44% of all 5v5 goals.
Ok thanks, so I was correct.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Ok thanks, so I was correct.

We're cashing in on rebounds, which is good, but we're a middle-of-the-pack team with rebound shots. For reference, the Isles lead the league in rebound shots for at 5v5; they have 31 more than us.

Reactions: majordomo

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Stretches like this are why I disagree so strongly with the "just get into the playoffs" mentality. Doing just enough to not piss your fans off doesn't cut it in a league where other clubs hate to lose.
Brady Tkachuk is literally fighting scrubs every game because he’s so pissed off about being on a shit team. Meanwhile, Fabio is busy thinking about his next mix tape and Kreider is busy thinking about his next language he wants to learn on Rosetta Stone.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Trouba is a case study in what they value when it comes to playing the right way.

He throws things when the team plays bad, does big hits, and is generally a standup guy.

Today, when he needed minimal effort and a minimal understanding of fundamentals to prevent the winning goal, he stood there with his dick in his hand.

Drury didn't sign Trouba, it needs to be said, and Gorton's stink of "we're gonna do character but character is being an ape and skating slow" is still all over this team.
this is like the best thing I ever read.

EDIT - I mean, a defenseman that can process the game at speed would never have done that. Ryan McDonagh, e.g., would have done something useful there. But this team loves physical D-men whose are a little slow.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, it's becoming more and more apparent just how bad this is. Staal and Girardi were never this bad outside of maybe one Girardi season where we had already taken a downturn anyway.

Trouba is not an NHL player.

Reactions: zlev

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Jesus Christ. The takes in this thread. I don't even remember people being this angry in the Dark Ages post Gretzky.
Three years ago we were one of the youngest teams in the league.
Made the playoffs and like a moth to a flame or an addict to its fix Drury couldn’t control himself.
Following year same song.
Today we are a slow soft team with no depth.
Ranger fan’s have every right to be beyond upset.
Terrible asset management.

Reactions: Breaded Fox

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brady Tkachuk is literally fighting scrubs every game because he’s so pissed off about being on a shit team. Meanwhile, Fabio is busy thinking about his next mix tape and Kreider is busy thinking about his next language he wants to learn on Rosetta Stone.
Brady Tkachuk is one of the huge reasons he's on a shit team.

He plays the exact one-dimensional, unengaged game people complain about except he fights.

He's a moron when the whistle blows and a finesse player when play is going on.

Reactions: Ail

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I wonder if management sees this or too scared to ask them to waive their NMC NTC contracts. Drury is as passive and lazy as the players
I wouldn't be surprised if they've been asked already and refused.....would you want to leave a setup like this: play how you want, collect mucho dinero and get away with not giving a shit?

• Wow

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Brady Tkachuk is one of the huge reasons he's on a shit team.

He plays the exact one-dimensional, unengaged game people complain about except he fights.

He's a moron when the whistle blows and a finesse player when play is going on.
He’s 13th in hits this year so I don’t see how he’s one dimensional. The after the whistle stuff I agree he’s gotta tone it down and pick his spots better. But give me piss and vinegar over the New York Quaaludes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad