Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Matt Dumba to a 1 year, 3.9M contract

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dumba gave the full rundown in his media availability. His trainer lives here and has his facility here. Prior to COVID his trainer flew up to Minnesota. During COVID he convinced Dumba to come stay down here instead. Dumba and his girlfriend loved the area, so they bought a place before they left. He plans to keep two homes in the future. His home in Scottsdale and his home in Minnesota are both in his long term plans. He’s got family in Arizona (I believe his parents) and in Minnesota (his girlfriend’s whole family).

Because he’s been spending his off-seasons training in Arizona he’s become friends with several Coyotes, not just Zucker and Bjugstad. He mentioned playing golf with Keller regularly and being friends with him. He feels like he already knows the guys and will fit in quickly as a result.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Dumba gave the full rundown in his media availability. His trainer lives here and has his facility here. Prior to COVID his trainer flew up to Minnesota. During COVID he convinced Dumba to come stay down here instead. Dumba and his girlfriend loved the area, so they bought a place before they left. He plans to keep two homes in the future. His home in Scottsdale and his home in Minnesota are both in his long term plans. He’s got family in Arizona (I believe his parents) and in Minnesota (his girlfriend’s whole family).

Because he’s been spending his off-seasons training in Arizona he’s become friends with several Coyotes, not just Zucker and Bjugstad. He mentioned playing golf with Keller regularly and being friends with him. He feels like he already knows the guys and will fit in quickly as a result.
It’s a bummer he’ll probably only be here for a partial season. Always liked him and he seems like a good dude.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017

great interview minus him sounding like he's got a frog in his throat the whole time.

Reactions: Summer Rose

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It’s a bummer he’ll probably only be here for a partial season. Always liked him and he seems like a good dude.
There's a decent chance that our playoff hopes are alive enough at the deadline that we won't sell UFAs.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Best case scenario is he and Zucker both stay healthy and play some solid, motivated hockey…and then BA has the option of giving them extensions as bridge veteran guys to help this young core take the next step, or he uses their good play as leverage to sell at the deadline and gets a decent asset back…if they get hurt or don’t play well at all then you’re basically just out some cash…

Reactions: Jakey53

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I am curious how hell bent we will be on selling. Say its deadline day and we are sitting in the last playoff spot. What do we do? We've all said we see this team in the 80-90 point range, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could be in that type of a situation

Reactions: Schemp

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I am curious how hell bent we will be on selling. Say its deadline day and we are sitting in the last playoff spot. What do we do? We've all said we see this team in the 80-90 point range, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could be in that type of a situation
The truth is we just don’t need more 2nd round picks. And we don’t have 1st round worthy pieces up for grabs. So I don’t really see the point. If the vibes are good, and Tourigny is getting blood from stones, and Mullett magic is alive and thriving, I don’t see the need to pour cold water all over that for some 2026 2nd rounders.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
The guy hasn't even found the locker room and you've already traded him. :laugh:
But He forgot to include the Other Team paying for our soda for the whole year 😉

And i cannot wait for the season to begin. This line Up Sounds great and should be fun to watch. And If we create some excitement for the Team early and keep it going through the First 3 months, it should impact the Off-ice situation in a positive way.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3