Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Matt Dumba to a 1 year, 3.9M contract

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Nope. 82pts would be an awesome first step though.
And some thought we were close to blowing the tank last season until we traded away our defense. Still thinking we might make a minor trade to strengthen our D more.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Zucker-Cooley-Crouse
Maccelli-McBain-Guenther
Kerfoot-Bjugstad-Boyd

Moser-Durzi
Valimaki-Dumba
Dermott-Brown
Stecher

Vejmelka
Ingram

Very, very difficult not to get excited about this upcoming season.

I think we'll be on the other side of the bubble.
Love your optimism.

Told my daughter we can start rooting for wins this year. I hope they make it.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Matt Dumba is not the piece that adds 20 points in the standings and a playoff spot.

But for a declining veteran to fill a roster spot and spend $4 million, I suppose they could've done worse.
You're right, but if you haven't noticed he wasn't the only person added this off season...

Last edited:

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Nope. 82pts would be an awesome first step though.
If I recall, last year about this time you were saying the Coyotes were going to be the worse team. Since you were off by 6 spots perhaps you are off by 6 spots again...

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
You're right, but if you haven't noticed he wasn't the only person added this off season...
Yes, they did add others. But without him they weren't a playoff team and with him, they still aren't. He wasn't good on a playoff team; he's not going to be suddenly great here.

He's a good dude. The fanbase will love him. At least until he speaks out on a civil rights matter and the bald, goateed, Oakley-wearing crowd tells him to shut up and play hockey.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Yes, they did add others. But without him they weren't a playoff team and with him, they still aren't. He wasn't good on a playoff team; he's not going to be suddenly great here.

He's a good dude. The fanbase will love him. At least until he speaks out on a civil rights matter and the bald, goateed, Oakley-wearing crowd tells him to shut up and play hockey.

Searching "bald goatee Oakley" returned an amazing number of photos.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like that add but don’t love the sequence of events.

“If she says no then I’ll definitely go to prom with you instead”
I'll wait all day for my beauty queen. When you get her, show her she made the right decision. :nod:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Zucker-Cooley-Crouse
Maccelli-McBain-Guenther
Kerfoot-Bjugstad-Boyd

Moser-Durzi
Valimaki-Dumba
Dermott-Brown
Stecher

Vejmelka
Ingram
Have to give Soderstrom some love here. His play was getting better and better with the call up last year. This years training camp will be huge for him, and I sure hope he surprises.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Matt Dumba is not the piece that adds 20 points in the standings and a playoff spot.

But for a declining veteran to fill a roster spot and spend $4 million, I suppose they could've done worse.
It's probably a one year stop gap. Nothing wrong with this signing. IF he plays well this could be a win win. If he doesn't, he's gone next year.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Bald goateed, Oakley wearing? :laugh:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Have to give Soderstrom some love here. His play was getting better and better with the call up last year. This years training camp will be huge for him, and I sure hope he surprises.
Agreed. Look at things like Corsi, Fenwick, xGF and xGA... he was like top 3 or 4 in all of those. Now maybe he was getting advantageous matchups and zone starts. But it would be crazy not to play him to instead play Troy Stecher.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad