Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Matt Dumba to a 1 year, 3.9M contract

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
The truth is we just don’t need more 2nd round picks. And we don’t have 1st round worthy pieces up for grabs. So I don’t really see the point. If the vibes are good, and Tourigny is getting blood from stones, and Mullett magic is alive and thriving, I don’t see the need to pour cold water all over that for some 2026 2nd rounders.
I agree, I also think that a playoff push could give us a better chance of retaining one or both of Zucker and Dumba for another contract.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It’s a bummer he’ll probably only be here for a partial season. Always liked him and he seems like a good dude.
We'll see where the Coyotes are at the TDL and if he is moved there's opportunity to return to AZ the following year on a new contract (eg: Bjuggy)

Reactions: Kaizen and Edenjung

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I am curious how hell bent we will be on selling. Say its deadline day and we are sitting in the last playoff spot. What do we do? We've all said we see this team in the 80-90 point range, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could be in that type of a situation
You reward the boys by not breaking it up. Having a nice pipeline makes this more palatable.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I am curious how hell bent we will be on selling. Say its deadline day and we are sitting in the last playoff spot. What do we do? We've all said we see this team in the 80-90 point range, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could be in that type of a situation
IMO if the Coyotes are sniffing a playoff spot they are keeping Dumba and Zucker.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I could see the Coyotes sniffing for a playoff spot this season. The team is improving, plays a good system, and let's not forget the give an F factor from the opponent. Many teams treat the Coyotes games as a relaxed night with no one one paying attention. Team could turn that into more wins than expected and slide into the playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I could see the Coyotes sniffing for a playoff spot this season. The team is improving, plays a good system, and let's not forget the give an F factor from the opponent. Many teams treat the Coyotes games as a relaxed night with no one one paying attention. Team could turn that into more wins than expected and slide into the playoffs.
We would need around a 25 pts. increase in one year. That is almost impossible to achieve.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
We would need around a 25 pts. increase in one year. That is almost impossible to achieve.
That's where the "sniffing" comes in. It doesn't mean you make it but that you are challenging for it later into season. Normally I would 100% agree with you but I think the schedule does the Coyotes lots of favors as in cold climate teams getting a relaxing couple days in the sun.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
@Jamieh
Seems you would have us believe the NHL is comprised of unprofessional, lazy, self centered individuals. I’m not certain how you can claim the Yotes are taken lightly when numerous players comment about how hard they play and what a battle games against them are. But maybe it’s just unfolds that way because they are all so self centered, that getting a little r&r while here takes president over their team, team mates, careers and the honor of the game as a whole.
Not buying it my friend, maybe years ago, but not in todays NHL.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's where the "sniffing" comes in. It doesn't mean you make it but that you are challenging for it later into season. Normally I would 100% agree with you but I think the schedule does the Coyotes lots of favors as in cold climate teams getting a relaxing couple days in the sun.
All teams fan base start out optimistic at the start of the year. Come January half the fan base want to fire their coach.:laugh: To "sniff" as you call it, we need everything to go right, and that never happens for the Coyote's.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
@Jamieh
Seems you would have us believe the NHL is comprised of unprofessional, lazy, self centered individuals. I’m not certain how you can claim the Yotes are taken lightly when numerous players comment about how hard they play and what a battle games against them are. But maybe it’s just unfolds that way because they are all so self centered, that getting a little r&r while here takes president over their team, team mates, careers and the honor of the game as a whole.
Not buying it my friend, maybe years ago, but not in todays NHL.
Players talk about it. They plan these trips as soon as schedule comes out and no i don't think they just give up but I will guarantee you they pay more attention to a Saturday night game in HNIC than a Tuesday in Tempe. Do you not believe the Vegas Flu exists?

Reactions: Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Players talk about it. They plan these trips as soon as schedule comes out and no i don't think they just give up but I will guarantee you they pay more attention to a Saturday night game in HNIC than a Tuesday in Tempe. Do you not believe the Vegas Flu exists?
What about a Saturday night game in HNIT?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
...so when the Leafs collapse this season, we'll be able to get Matthews with our worse 2nd?
Serious question. If the Leafs collapse again why would you want him at big dollars? Do you think he's not part of that failure?

What about a Saturday night game in HNIT?
Slightly more elevated opponent but still less than the Team playing in Canada that night.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Serious question. If the Leafs collapse again why would you want him at big dollars? Do you think he's not part of that failure?
$775000 is not big money!
I still believe adding AM without trading a core player, the Coyotes would have a better chance at the Stanley Cup than the leafs will have this season.
Hell, the melt down is worth it alone!

Reactions: PainForShane

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
The Devils improved by 49 points Last year.
The year before they were 7th in the Metro and this last season 2nd.
So it is possible. Do i think we will be in a similar Situation?
No. But it is Not a 100% No. But a 75% no.

The core is good. And If Coaching improves the Guys further and gets everybody to play as Well as they can and If the Other Teams in the Division struggle as much as i think they might, then, yes we can make it.
But thats a Lot of IFs and mights.

Ask me again after the second month.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
$775000 is not big money!
I still believe adding AM without trading a core player, the Coyotes would have a better chance at the Stanley Cup than the leafs will have this season.
Hell, the melt down is worth it alone!
Thats this years money, you said after another collapse.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Vegas? Maybe, but that’s the devils work there! :laugh:
Looking forward to a warm spot in winter doesn’t translate to a major distraction that would have a professional lose sight of their goal. Hell, my Dad used to travel out here for business and enjoyed it, but he still kicked ass.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Vegas? Maybe, but that’s the devils work there! :laugh:
Looking forward to a warm spot in winter doesn’t translate to a major distraction that would have a professional lose sight of their goal. Hell, my Dad used to travel out here for business and enjoyed it, but he still kicked ass.
Its not about losing sight or giving up. But if you don't think the guy 2ho spent a couple days golfing, fishing, or at the beach is a little less interested in playing hockey than the guy who sat in a Winnipeg hotel room then I'm gonna suggest you have never played much sports. Now throw in lower attendance and less cameras and itcertainly makes the game less relevant for opposing players.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Its not about losing sight or giving up. But if you don't think the guy 2ho spent a couple days golfing, fishing, or at the beach is a little less interested in playing hockey than the guy who sat in a Winnipeg hotel room then I'm gonna suggest you have never played much sports. Now throw in lower attendance and less cameras and itcertainly makes the game less relevant for opposing players.
Having played in the now defunct Central Hockey League, I can tell you sitting in a hotel room is the worst thing you can do.
All the distractions you’re carrying on about only apply to the weak minded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad