Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Matt Dumba to a 1 year, 3.9M contract

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Largest concentration of ICBM's in the US, well at one time anyway, no idea if that still holds. They were all over out there in seemingly random fields throughout the area. Explains why I was obsessed with missiles as a kid!
That was the one area we *didn't* live in. My family bounced around Sedalia, MO, Rapid City, SD, Grand Forks, ND, Great Falls, MT, before my dad said "enough winter!" And wound up at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. And dad had nothing to do with rockets by training, he was a career non-degreed grunt in Boeing finance.

Fun fact: in north dakota he worked with a young Byron Dorgan, who went on to become state tax commissioner and eventually a 3 term US Senator. By all Accounts a great guy, according to my dad, and flew in the face of the "they're all sons of b's" opinions you get from narrow minded cynics. (Most.of them? Sure. All? No. Somewhere i have a cassette tape where my dad taped audio from an early cspan debate between Byron and one Newt Gingrich. Now *there's* a son of a b.))

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Canes add Tony D to an already crowded D room. Wouldn't that indicate they're out on EK? Guess there's a chance they move Pesce for a forward....but he's a very good Dman on a good contract (final year) and Canes are up against the Cap. EK to Carolina seems very doubtful.

Which leaves Pittsburgh for EK....requiring some cap juggling by the Pens. But sounds like there's mutual interest.

Which leave Dumba. Arizona may not be his desired location but it's likely the best for him...whether it be a short or mid-term deal.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I really want to compete for a cup! If that doesn't work then I'll try to get paid! If all else fails I'll just sign somewhere sunny and coast into retirement. Matt Dumba probably.
Makes me think it would be best if the Coyotes passed on him because he's only coming here if what he really wants doesn't materialize.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really want to compete for a cup! If that doesn't work then I'll try to get paid! If all else fails I'll just sign somewhere sunny and coast into retirement. Matt Dumba probably.
Makes me think it would be best if the Coyotes passed on him because he's only coming here if what he really wants doesn't materialize.
More like, “I’d rather compete for a cup! If that doesn’t work out, I’ll put myself in a position to get the most favorable possible usage and leverage that into a better situation a year from now when I’m not coming off a career worst season, and the cap has gone up significantly.” In which case, he’s just our type.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Could be, but my guess is that Bear and BA are savvy enough to smell that ahead of any signing.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
More like, “I’d rather compete for a cup! If that doesn’t work out, I’ll put myself in a position to get the most favorable possible usage and leverage that into a better situation a year from now when I’m not coming off a career worst season, and the cap has gone up significantly.” In which case, he’s just our type.
Oh I'd be super down for a 1yr, I'm just not convinced Dumba will be.
Could be, but my guess is that Bear and BA are savvy enough to smell that ahead of any signing.
I sure hope so!

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We don't even know if all the Dumba rumors are in fact true.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
We don't even know if all the Dumba rumors are in fact true.
I've changed my opinion about Dumba coming here. I was worried about term and money. I doubt term is an issue and waiting this long I doubt he'll get top dollar.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I see O'Connor signed, pens buy out window opens up until Saturday. We'll see if Pittsburgh is serious about Karlsson.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
While a lot of you are great we are the primary target for our friends up North. All have the same joke
I happened to catch a few minutes of the ESPN E60 on Anaheim. They showed clips from Canadian media when they announced the name of the team as Mighty Ducks and of their arena as The Pond, and it was like people up there were going to jump off of bridges they were so distraught. Hilarious.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
While a lot of you are great we are the primary target for our friends up North. All have the same joke
I have been a loyal fan of this team BEFORE it was in the desert, so likely longer than anyone on this board save a few other Canadians. I am not going to get in a flame war with fans of the same friggin team. He is now on my ignore list. Kind of sad.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Granlund, Rutta, Hoffman and 1.5 M on EK is a lot of cash/cap in SJS. Maybe Dumba isn’t someone they want to overpay now?
I think they’ll be okay. I can’t imagine Dumba doing any more than a 1 year deal at this point, this late in the offseason.

Over pay him for one season and ship him out at the trade deadline.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
If Dumba is waiting for San Jose over us then I don’t want him around here anyway. There is zero reason to choose San Jose over Arizona in regards to each others competitive windows/rebuild timeline. It means he has no desire to play in Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad