OT: Coronavirus XXXVIII: Variants, the Debbie Downer to Getting to Herd Immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I got to say you have to be pretty friggen arrogant to see half the Canucks sick within a few days and still think its no big deal if you get it. These are the most healthy young guys that are very sick with this illness. It quite possible one of them may not be able to play hockey again due to permanent lung damage. This is no joke. It could end the hockey season again unless its gotten under control. Our Alberta and Ontario numbers are not good.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Seriously dude October 2019?? Shit changes, this is how SCIENCE works, its not theology that changes only every 200 years.

You actually added nothing to the conversation while smearing a person and a whole group of people.

Night and day from your preceding post, which I liked BTW. ;).

Reactions: oilers'72

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I got to say you have to be pretty friggen arrogant to see half the Canucks sick within a few days and still think its no big deal if you get it. These are the most healthy young guys that are very sick with this illness. It quite possible one of them may not be able to play hockey again due to permanent lung damage. This is no joke. It could end the hockey season again unless its gotten under control. Our Alberta and Ontario numbers are not good.
holy smokes...pre-mature speculation all over the place

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
You have admitted in this thread to breaking the rules when it suits you. It's always those who yell the loudest.
Did you know that outdoor gatherings are permitted? If not, that might explain why you're so upset about the current restrictions in place.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

I mean theres this reporter saying

Then theres this reporter saying

So basically the players a dealing more with their first bout of actual flu

Most people would think they were dying if the actually had the flu

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Do you know the difference between ebola and covid and MERS, and SARS, and measles. All have different ways of spreading. You are Dunning-Krugering the shit out of this conversation. No 2 pandemics are the same.
and that has nothing to do with the WHO recommendations I linked but go on
the WHO have recommendations on how to handle an influenza pandemic...which we are in

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Did you know that outdoor gatherings are permitted? If not, that might explain why you're so upset about the current restrictions in place.

Depends where it is and whom it’s with. Outdoors at your place is fine, outdoor at a pub patio is family only.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
small solace for those killed by em I suspect.

No one lives forever. The question is how do we protect the vast majority of people, while minimalizing collateral damages? This isnt new, it's basic triage protocol. The first rule of medicine is to do no harm. So when implementing restrictive measures, we should have quantitative data that demonstrates their benefit. We have clear evidence showing hand washing, distancing, ventilation, vaccination, and quarantining symptomatic patients all provide benefits. Mask usage in the general public is disputed, and lockdowns are unknown but it looks like they actually cause more harm overall. I want the government to return to traditional pandemic measures, while implementing strategies to protect high risk groups like the elderly, obese, homeless, etc... I dont want these bureaucrats implementing measures based on voodoo science or political bias.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Depends where it is and whom it’s with. Outdoors at your place is fine, outdoor at a pub patio is family only.
Yeah, the poster has automatically assumed I went to a pub with this person. Jumping to conclusions instead of asking questions. Having a beer on a fully vaccinated friend's patio is well within the scope of the regulations.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
You actually added nothing to the conversation while smearing a person and a whole group of people.

Theology not changing is not a smear. It's actually a fundamentally important aspect to many believers of many faiths.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I mean theres this reporter saying

Then theres this reporter saying

So basically the players a dealing more with their first bout of actual flu

Most people would think they were dying if the actually had the flu

168576329_10102050303443465_1602968300809435826_n.jpg

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie

I'm not smearing, pointing out that recommendations have changed from 18 months ago as a criticism of experts is asinine.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
A thread by Alberta Health Services

AHS COVID-19 immunization bookings for those eligible in Phase 2B will launch tomorrow at 8 a.m. through AHS online or through Health Link 811 for those with underlying health conditions born in or before 1963.

To ensure the COVID-19 booking tool is prepared for the next wave of eligible Albertans, the tool will be offline tonight from 9 p.m. to midnight, and tomorrow between 7:00 a.m. to 8 a.m. We have made enhancements to the online booking tool to allow up to three additional family members who are eligible to receive their vaccine to book at the same time, and at the same clinic. Phase 2B represents approximately 650,000 Albertans and is the largest eligible group to date.

If 811 rings busy, or you are unable to access the online tool, please try back later in the day as volumes are high. Eligible Albertans can also book their COVID-19 immunization at participating pharmacies by visiting (ab.bluecross.ca/news/covid-19-…)

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
A thread by Alberta Health Services

AHS COVID-19 immunization bookings for those eligible in Phase 2B will launch tomorrow at 8 a.m. through AHS online or through Health Link 811 for those with underlying health conditions born in or before 1963.

To ensure the COVID-19 booking tool is prepared for the next wave of eligible Albertans, the tool will be offline tonight from 9 p.m. to midnight, and tomorrow between 7:00 a.m. to 8 a.m. We have made enhancements to the online booking tool to allow up to three additional family members who are eligible to receive their vaccine to book at the same time, and at the same clinic. Phase 2B represents approximately 650,000 Albertans and is the largest eligible group to date.

If 811 rings busy, or you are unable to access the online tool, please try back later in the day as volumes are high. Eligible Albertans can also book their COVID-19 immunization at participating pharmacies by visiting (ab.bluecross.ca/news/covid-19-…)

Great news, let's get the vulnerable vaccinated.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany