OT: Coronavirus XXXVIII: Variants, the Debbie Downer to Getting to Herd Immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
so they shouldn't have recommendations for pandemics then in order to prepare for future ones?

It was a recommendation in October 2019 for a hypothetical influenza pandemic - one that didn't exist (and still doesn't exist).

Now that we're in 2021 with a very real coronavirus pandemic, and have been for over 12 months, trying to point to a 2019 hypothetical for a completely different virus really strikes me as being disingenuous at best.

Last edited:

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
good old nutritionist Eric Feigl-Ding

another "expert" wrong about Texas

Isn't this Eric Feigl-Ding dipshit the same guy who says keep your kids out of school, while moving his family somewhere else so they can go to school? Why of course it is! This POS faker should be run out of town with a pitchfork for his hypocrisy!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
It was a recommendation in October 2019 for a hypothetical influenza pandemic - one that didn't exist (and still doesn't exist).

Now that we're in 2021 with a very real coronavirus pandemic, and have been for over 12 months, trying to point to a 2019 hypothetical for a completely different virus really strikes me as being disingenuous at beast.
and how are the two different in terms of transmission?

Reactions: oilers'72

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Isn't this Eric Feigl-Ding dipshit the same guy who says keep your kids out of school, while moving his family somewhere else so they can go to school? Why of course it is! This POS faker should be run out of town with a pitchfork for his hypocrisy!
yeah, this fraud was practicing nutrition and had 2000 followers up until the pandemic hit
then his alarmist and sensationalized tweets ballooned his followers to 250,000

no one is enjoying the pandemic as much as him
Inside the controversial rise of a top Twitter COVID-19 influencer

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
thanks!
so both are transmitted very similarly
Secondly, both viruses are transmitted by contact, droplets and fomites. As a result, the same public health measures, such as hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette (coughing into your elbow or into a tissue and immediately disposing of the tissue), are important actions all can take to prevent infection.

Reactions: oilers'72

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Ok, but how does that pertain to a technical paper about influenza? They are separate entities with their own characteristics.

We've handled pandemics the same way for over a hundred years. Only during this pandemic have we started quarantining healthy individuals. There should be clear evidence this is needed to help reduce spread. I've yet to see it. In fact I've seen the opposite. So the medical professionals have introduced harm against healthy individuals without evidence it would help reduce infections.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
We've handled pandemics the same way for over a hundred years. Only during this pandemic have we started quarantining healthy individuals. There should be clear evidence this is needed to help reduce spread. I've yet to see it. In fact I've seen the opposite. So the medical professionals have introduced harm against healthy individuals without evidence it would help reduce infections.

We have literally never had a virus travel around the world as fast as this one, ever.

"Medical professionals have introduced harm" is the only thing I need to read in that paragraph to know I'd be wasting my time sourcing any information for you. So no, I won't indulge your nonsense.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
"Medical professionals have introduced harm" is the only thing I need to read in that paragraph to know I'd be wasting my time sourcing any information for you. So no, I won't indulge your nonsense
So when Tam and Fauchi and a host of others said ‘don’t be racist and ban international flights from certain countries’ or ‘don’t bother wearing a mask, it won’t help you’ ... that was them ‘introducing good’. Gotcha.

Stopping flights and wearing masks are two of the most basic common sense things that could have been done in the very early stages to mitigate spread. These clowns advised the exact opposite for months. Thousands died. But I know you’ll find a way to excuse their incompetence.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We have literally never had a virus travel around the world as fast as this one, ever.

"Medical professionals have introduced harm" is the only thing I need to read in that paragraph to know I'd be wasting my time sourcing any information for you. So no, I won't indulge your nonsense.

We've also never had anyway to track a virus this fast either... so you have nothing. Please refrain from arguing on your feelings.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Another fun fact.....all the stuff about mental health issues becoming a threat.....well suicides appear to be down in a few countries.

Not that that discounts any other mental health effects.

But I mean more potentially good news at least.

Reactions: Nostradumbass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad