OT: Coronavirus XXXVIII: Variants, the Debbie Downer to Getting to Herd Immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Officers exit church after preacher yells at them to leave | Calgary Sun

"A Calgary police officer attended the Street Church, at 4315 26 Ave. S.E., alongside Alberta Health Services and city bylaw officials on Saturday afternoon."

"Calgary Police Service said in a statement they are often asked to attend calls involving health inspectors in order to keep the peace."

"Officers did not issue any tickets."

"Police said it will be up to its partner agencies, AHS and city bylaw, to issue tickets or complete any further enforcement."

"In their statement, police said they recognize the importance of religious gatherings to Calgarians during the pandemic
."

Last edited:

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Attachments

• churchlaw.jpg
    churchlaw.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 7

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Hopefully they will be charged

It will be up to Bylaw or AHS then.

"Police said it will be up to its partner agencies, AHS and city bylaw, to issue tickets or complete any further enforcement."

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It will be up to Bylaw or AHS then.

Wrong people. The CPS and Bylaw should be charged

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

It does make one wonder if Milgram and Asch principles are being intentionally applied to some populaces. It will also be interesting to see if those ingrained human behaviors will shift due to the handling of this pandemic and the access of information now available to individuals.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Day 13 after AZ vaccinations. Turkey doesn't taste quite as good. Had to drown the easter Turkey in Gravy to enjoy it as much. After a day of slaving around making Turkey and trimmings and finding out our one last can of cranberry sauce had a broken seal (it was expired) the dinner wasn't as satisfactory. Probably by day 15 and us having to consume the turkey all by ourselves the turkey will taste even less palatable. We're trying to find our many ways to just make and freeze some turkey meals. Already got the soup broth done so that will use up some.

heh, but no other side effects, none. No headaches for around 3-4 days. (Thanks Oilers and everybody for beating the Flames, every little bit helps)

Wife did have a headache a couple days ago. Probably her 5th time since injection. I've had 3-4 episodes. Wife had small boil at injection site, puffed up a bit. This after about 5 days from vaccination. It was itchy, not bothering her now.

First 3-5 days after vaccination we both definitely had some lethargy, sleeping longer on those days. This subsides and we're back to normal sleep. I wouldn't mention this except its so pronounced as to wonder if its coincidental but quite lucid dreams and REM activity. I mean hours long dreams that keep going. Usually I get a series of dreams in one night or none at all. Every night since vaccine I'm getting pronounced and extended dreams. Connected? who knows.

Neither of us have had any of the more serious side effects. Continuing to monitor any bruising, signs of blood platelet gathering. None of this found.

Finally both of us had sore throats after vaccination. Seems a bit odd, didn't see that listed anywhere. Not sure if that was the vaccine or micro exposure to something while spending 1hr at the damn vaccination clinic. Regular gargling of listerine and alternately salt water and this went away after 24hrs.

Consumed alcohol for first time in 17 days (supposed to avoid alcohol 3 days before vaccination to around 1-2 weeks after) with just two drinks profound dryness of mouth in morning. Actually this being a symptom wife is consistently reporting since vaccination. Not sure if its connected to it.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oh one more. Since vaccination exposure to Calgary Flames games results in fits of hysteria and uncontrolled laughter and constant giggling and shortness of breath from laughing nonstop and not being able to control the laughter spasms. Only solution seems to be to change the channel or for the game to end. Important to avoid listening to Eric Francis or Cassie Campbell to avoid return of symptoms.

This would be a great time to visit Calgary if there wasn't a pandemic and stuff.. I would wear an Oilers jersey, just saying. Not that I'm encouraging anything like that. Calgary fans can't wear masks or socially distance properly it seems, so maybe not a great idea..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Remember how the lockdowns were supposed to be more damaging than the disease because of the increase in suicides?

Turns out there were fewer deaths by suicide in the US in 2020 than in the three previous years.

Its interesting. Its long been known that dysfunctional social relationships, for instance negative family relationships can correlate with suicide and attempts. Its not a given that social isolation results in more suicides. People with exposure to highly dysfunctional people might have decreased suicide attempts subject to isolating from them. Many people that kill themselves have highly evolved social networks. The relationship is not as clear as genuinely thought. I think to some degree its always assumed that decreases in relationships/interaction will result in more self harm or suicide because humans are social creatures. But theres been less study on how much toxic social interaction increases risks.

Quite clear from the data that there is no deviation from Suicides in 2020 vs prior years. Just a normal year for that. There is however an increase in Unintentional injuries that would be statistically significant and afairc this includes such things as drug overdoses. But this too cannot be automatically seen as a result of pandemic isolation. Its known that cheap and easily available serious drugs like Opioids correlate with such increases in communities where they are easily found. Increases in such mortality have been found for years due to increasing availability of cheap lethal illicit drugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob and oilers'72

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Day 13 after AZ vaccinations. Turkey doesn't taste quite as good. Had to drown the easter Turkey in Gravy to enjoy it as much. After a day of slaving around making Turkey and trimmings and finding out our one last can of cranberry sauce had a broken seal (it was expired) the dinner wasn't as satisfactory. Probably by day 15 and us having to consume the turkey all by ourselves the turkey will taste even less palatable. We're trying to find our many ways to just make and freeze some turkey meals. Already got the soup broth done so that will use up some.

heh, but no other side effects, none. No headaches for around 3-4 days. (Thanks Oilers and everybody for beating the Flames, every little bit helps)

Wife did have a headache a couple days ago. Probably her 5th time since injection. I've had 3-4 episodes. Wife had small boil at injection site, puffed up a bit. This after about 5 days from vaccination. It was itchy, not bothering her now.

First 3-5 days after vaccination we both definitely had some lethargy, sleeping longer on those days. This subsides and we're back to normal sleep. I wouldn't mention this except its so pronounced as to wonder if its coincidental but quite lucid dreams and REM activity. I mean hours long dreams that keep going. Usually I get a series of dreams in one night or none at all. Every night since vaccine I'm getting pronounced and extended dreams. Connected? who knows.

Neither of us have had any of the more serious side effects. Continuing to monitor any bruising, signs of blood platelet gathering. None of this found.

Finally both of us had sore throats after vaccination. Seems a bit odd, didn't see that listed anywhere. Not sure if that was the vaccine or micro exposure to something while spending 1hr at the damn vaccination clinic. Regular gargling of listerine and alternately salt water and this went away after 24hrs.

Consumed alcohol for first time in 17 days (supposed to avoid alcohol 3 days before vaccination to around 1-2 weeks after) with just two drinks profound dryness of mouth in morning. Actually this being a symptom wife is consistently reporting since vaccination. Not sure if its connected to it.

Good to hear, Maybe the soar throat and dry mouth is just a product of spring time?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I got the J&J vaccine on Saturday. I've basically felt tired and like I have a mild case of the flu (no respiratory stuff) ever since. The first night I had a bit of the chills and then felt really warm but had no fever so I didn't sleep very well. I had a brief but intense cramp in my achilles that night which was a bit odd as well. Yesterday I just felt lethargic, a little achy (muscle and joints) and a little light headed. I still feel quite tired this morning but will be heading off to work this morning so I'll see how that goes. I'd advise getting your vaccine late in the week as well in the event that you have similar or a worse reaction than I did. I wouldn't consider mine a very bad reaction, but it definitely hit me harder than the flu shot has in the past which is what I was anticipating anyway.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Remember how the lockdowns were supposed to be more damaging than the disease because of the increase in suicides?

Turns out there were fewer deaths by suicide in the US in 2020 than in the three previous years.

To be fair, if someone is going to develop severe depression due societies issues with covid, and they become suicidal, it's a complicated thing and lots of people can take months to years to carry out their choice to make an attempt on their life. This happened with a couple people in my life whom I've lost, they take a year or more to come up with a plan, decide what things have to be just right before doing it, while in the mean time, hiding what their intentions are.

Just because suicide rates dropped a bit, does it mean that it's not a budding issue. It could just mean that people having this battle, could be spreading out the numbers over the next few years.

If drug and alcohol abuse level rise, suicides and overdoses could very well rise, but we see those numbers pop up over the next 1-5 years (hypothetically).

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
To be fair, if someone is going to develop severe depression due societies issues with covid, and they become suicidal, it's a complicated thing and lots of people can take months to years to carry out their choice to make an attempt on their life. This happened with a couple people in my life whom I've lost, they take a year or more to come up with a plan, decide what things have to be just right before doing it, while in the mean time, hiding what their intentions are.

Just because suicide rates dropped a bit, does it mean that it's not a budding issue. It could just mean that people having this battle, could be spreading out the numbers over the next few years.

If drug and alcohol abuse level rise, suicides and overdoses could very well rise, but we see those numbers pop up over the next 1-5 years (hypothetically).

The claim being addressed was the one that stated suicides went up as a result of the lockdowns. The long term social and psychological impacts of the pandemic is a different issue.

Reactions: HK97

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I got the J&J vaccine on Saturday. I've basically felt tired and like I have a mild case of the flu (no respiratory stuff) ever since. The first night I had a bit of the chills and then felt really warm but had no fever so I didn't sleep very well. I had a brief but intense cramp in my achilles that night which was a bit odd as well. Yesterday I just felt lethargic, a little achy (muscle and joints) and a little light headed. I still feel quite tired this morning but will be heading off to work this morning so I'll see how that goes. I'd advise getting your vaccine late in the week as well in the event that you have similar or a worse reaction than I did. I wouldn't consider mine a very bad reaction, but it definitely hit me harder than the flu shot has in the past which is what I was anticipating anyway.
Glad to here you got the Vaccine and settled on J & J. For sure that was the one I wanted if I had a choice.

Those side effects should go away and in anycase side effects from your vaccine, and the one I got are less notable than for Moderna, and Pfizer and some people have been sick in bed with the latter ones.

One thing that seems now apparent, but that nobody said anything about, stay hydrated. Seems like your body needs more fluids with these vaccines.

Hopefully you'll be feeling better today or tomorrow. They do say to take it as easy as you can for a few days to a week, to allow the immunity to build up to its greatest benefit. Too much physical work can hamper the vaccine effect and or how long it takes to get some immunity.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The claim being addressed was the one that stated suicides went up as a result of the lockdowns. The long term social and psychological impacts of the pandemic is a different issue.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics. How many opioid deaths? Never mind the fact that you cherry picked a country with minimal interventions.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

If the facts don’t align with feelings, then the facts are wrong.
Lies, damn lies, and statistics. How many opioid deaths? Never mind the fact that you cherry picked a country with minimal interventions.
Nailed it.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
You described my experience with covid. Chills and fever the first night. Then I lost my sense of taste/smell two days after for the next week; and I also had muddy gut during that time, too.

Two years ago I was prescribed a medication that caused a reaction. Three days into taking this medication -- my breathing was severely affected. I could not run two blocks without dry heaving. I was using that experience to gauge the severity of my bout with covid; however, my symptoms were not as severe as -what I can only assume - was an allergic reaction to the medication -- thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad