OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I got the SNES Classic for Christmas and man is that a blast to play. It's funny how quickly those games come back to you. I was humming along to every song in Super Mario World and Mario Kart like I'd just played them yesterday, and my Mario Kart skills are as good as ever. I would definitely recommend it to anybody who played a lot of SNES games.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I got the SNES Classic for Christmas and man is that a blast to play. It's funny how quickly those games come back to you. I was humming along to every song in Super Mario World and Mario Kart like I'd just played them yesterday, and my Mario Kart skills are as good as ever. I would definitely recommend it to anybody who played a lot of SNES games.
Nice! I still have one, but it isn’t hooked up. That’s maybe the latest game system I have or ever bought. I had a Sega that may have been a few years newer. I also had a Game Boy Advance at the top of the century haha. I played a lot of PS2, but it was my then-roommates system, not mine. I think I did have the original Play Station back in the late 90’s/early 00’s, so Super NES was not my most current game system.

I get rusty when I haven’t played in a while. I need a few warm up lives or throwaways to get into a groove. I’ve tried playing those games on a computer and it just isn’t the same. My brain coordination is really off in regards on what buttons to use on a keyboard, as opposed to the game controller.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Trying Parks and Rec for the 1st time ever. Most of this cast definitely seem like I would love this show but I can’t stand Amy Poehler, especially in a lead role. It’s really too bad they casted her in this show. It would be like casting Ed Helms instead of Steve Carrell for the Office.... yuck.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Trying Parks and Rec for the 1st time ever. Most of this cast definitely seem like I would love this show but I can’t stand Amy Poehler, especially in a lead role. It’s really too bad they casted her in this show. It would be like casting Ed Helms instead of Steve Carrell for the Office.... yuck.
I don't care for Amy Poehler either but the show is great. First 2 seasons are kinda meh but it really picks up after.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I don't care for Amy Poehler either but the show is great. First 2 seasons are kinda meh but it really picks up after.

I’ve stuck with it dispite her. I’m about 5 through season 2 and really enjoying it. Excited to hear that you think it gets even better from here.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If you have 40ish minutes to spare, like noir style, and want a good story, I suggest checking this out. They did a damn good job getting me hooked in just 9, five minute episodes. To allow the viewer to legitimately connect with the characters in that amount of time is impressive.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I legit never found a SNES Classic in the wild. I want one but I refuse to pay the scalper prices.

I only got one because my sister's boyfriend works at Best Buy and he managed to hold one for her when a shipment came in.

It's slightly maddening though when I keep dying in Super Mario World when my friends and I used to speed run it back in the day. I do still dominate at Mario Kart though.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Holy hell I can not describe in words what a steaming pile of dog shit The Last Jedi was, what a disgrace.

This guy does a great job of breaking it down and it's funny as hell.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It is really good if you go in blind without knowing anything.

Also I just finished Season 4 of Black Mirror. Man I love that show so much

Please convince me to watch Black Mirror. I’ve had it on my list for years but I keep watching newer things over it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Anyone catch Mindhunter on Netflix? If not I HIGHLY recommend it. It was a really well put together show. Worth a binge if you’re looking for something.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Please convince me to watch Black Mirror. I’ve had it on my list for years but I keep watching newer things over it.

Some of the episodes can be hit or miss. It is like the modern day version of the twilight zone that can leave you stunned, disgusted, intrigued, or saying "What the f***" frequently. One episode might be a dark social commentary and the next one might be an incredibly hart warming one.

The first episode of season 1 is really f***ing weird and turns a lot of people off to the rest of the show, but it gets better. No other show can invoke such extreme emotions as it has for me sometimes.

Anyone catch Mindhunter on Netflix? If not I HIGHLY recommend it. It was a really well put together show. Worth a binge if you’re looking for something.

I need to get around to that soon. I just tried to watch Wormwood the other day, and really hated it.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Some of the episodes can be hit or miss. It is like the modern day version of the twilight zone that can leave you stunned, disgusted, intrigued, or saying "What the ****" frequently. One episode might be a dark social commentary and the next one might be an incredibly hart warming one.

The first episode of season 1 is really ****ing weird and turns a lot of people off to the rest of the show, but it gets better. No other show can invoke such extreme emotions as it has for me sometimes.

I need to get around to that soon. I just tried to watch Wormwood the other day, and really hated it.

Would you recommend skipping episode 1 then? The twilight zone comparison has me intrigued.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Didn’t catch that but I’ve heard Black Mirrors is good so I’ll have to give that a shot. I really enjoyed Mindhunter though, it’s very good. Dark, but good.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I have been watching Assass Class. It actually good. I stated reading the Manga awhile back but stopped after i couldn't figure out if the MC was male or female. Only until i watched the anime did i find out that its actually a running joke.

And yes i call it assass class instead of assassination classroom

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I have been watching Assass Class. It actually good. I stated reading the Manga awhile back but stopped after i couldn't figure out if the MC was male or female. Only until i watched the anime did i find out that its actually a running joke.

And yes i call it assass class instead of assassination classroom

I was much more excited when I thought it was actually a show called assass class.

Reactions: Billdo

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I would still watch it as it shows you that nothing is off the table with the show.

I watched episode 1 early this morning and was pretty hooked from the get go. Does each show have a different director or do they go season by season? Just really liked the tone and editing style from this one.

Thanks again for the push!

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad