OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I watched episode 1 early this morning and was pretty hooked from the get go. Does each show have a different director or do they go season by season? Just really liked the tone and editing style from this one.

Thanks again for the push!

Glad you liked it! It only gets sooooo much better from there. Every episode has a different director, and you can really tell. A lot of heart and effort is put into each one to varying degrees depending on the different subject.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So 1 route down, exactly what I expected. Hits you hard still, though. I like how the game is just like "**** you" after you try to load a save or start over. That was a bit unexpected. I can kinda see where this is going now with the MC.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Trying Parks and Rec for the 1st time ever. Most of this cast definitely seem like I would love this show but I can’t stand Amy Poehler, especially in a lead role. It’s really too bad they casted her in this show. It would be like casting Ed Helms instead of Steve Carrell for the Office.... yuck.

I don't care for Amy Poehler either but the show is great. First 2 seasons are kinda meh but it really picks up after.

14 episodes in on season 3 now and I love this show. I even like Amy Poehlers character but Ron Swanson is one of the greatest characters ever.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So 1 route down, exactly what I expected. Hits you hard still, though. I like how the game is just like "**** you" after you try to load a save or start over. That was a bit unexpected. I can kinda see where this is going now with the MC.

You are just getting started.
take a peak in the game files too

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

The game is such a wild and amazing ride. So much more to happen for you still.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Reactions: Darkauron

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
He's also by far one of my favorite characters ever. I really enjoy Andy on there too.

Every episode has something meme worthy from him. Andy is slowly being used more I’ve noticed as the seasons go on. Just started season 4 and they are teasing the return of Ron’s 1st wife.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
14 episodes in on season 3 now and I love this show. I even like Amy Poehlers character but Ron Swanson is one of the greatest characters ever.

I tried to get through P&R many many times, but always gave up 2-3 season in. but, I was without cable for a month, and made it through the whole series last month.

overall, it was pretty good. I just didn’t understand season 6-7…seems like they wrapped everything up in season 6, maybe they didn’t think they’d get another season due to ratings? when I saw there was another season, I wasn’t thrilled. but there were several episodes in season 7 that had me laughing to the point of tears and diarrhea. if you can get past some of the goofy/unrealistic story arcs, you’ll love it.

jean ralphio might be one of the greatest supporting characters I’ve ever seen anywhere.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Finished Mindhunters last night. That was such a great show, glad it is getting a second season! I also love shows lately that have that older setting and aesthetic.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Been watching Black Mirror, had no clue about this show. I've been bouncing around seasons watching what I might be interested in. It's been pretty hit or miss, some meh stuff but some really good ones too.

Finished the Punisher too, a bit over the top but I enjoyed it.

Reactions: Darkauron

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I tried to get through P&R many many times, but always gave up 2-3 season in. but, I was without cable for a month, and made it through the whole series last month.

overall, it was pretty good. I just didn’t understand season 6-7…seems like they wrapped everything up in season 6, maybe they didn’t think they’d get another season due to ratings? when I saw there was another season, I wasn’t thrilled. but there were several episodes in season 7 that had me laughing to the point of tears and diarrhea. if you can get past some of the goofy/unrealistic story arcs, you’ll love it.

jean ralphio might be one of the greatest supporting characters I’ve ever seen anywhere.
giphy.gif

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I’ve never laughed to the point of diarrhea but that’s... what... I’m ... aiming for now? :laugh:

Still don’t care for Jean Ralphio (probably because I hate ppl like him in real life) but every once in a while he cracks me up. The main girl wore on me so maybe he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille