OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha

This is exactly why I watched The Walking Dead in real time and DVR'd the Sharks game for right now. :laugh:

The rumors were indeed true, only they were half right. Everything I had seen was that Carl gets into a scuffle with a savior, and the savior beats him death or something like that. That wasn't even close to what happened. Apparently he was bit, even before he tried to trick Negan into killing him instead, and telling the others to flee. And since the bite was on his flank/side of abdominal area, he's probably going to die in the mid-season premier. They'll have his final goodbye's and scenes with everyone, then they'll wait for him to die and then stick a knife through his brain to keep him from turning. Who knows that will be? With inconsistent they are with how long a bite takes to kill someone and how inconsistent they are with how long it takes for the deceased to reanimate, it could be a day or two or it could be an hour or two. Bob frickin stayed alive for a day after he was bit. So did that one character from the Colonia in FTWD. Then others seem to die in a few hours or less. It varies. Then you have characters like Eric, who die from non-walker related injuries and reanimate and are up and walking in what probably couldn't have been more than an hour. Wonder who gets his comic storylines? I honestly don't read the comics, but I know a bit about the story in them and the diversions from the TV series and the parts that actually stay their course, or get slightly remixed.

Reactions: JK3

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Haha

This is exactly why I watched The Walking Dead in real time and DVR'd the Sharks game for right now. :laugh:

You were right!

I did see something from a just posted interview where Chandler Riggs found out he was going to be knocked off while on set of episode six. It said it wasn't his decision to leave or didn't really have anything to do with college. He does have a bunch of other stuff going on though so who knows, I'm sure it will come out though. I do know that Scott Gimple is a f***ing awful writer and show runner. He killed off two of the most important characters in the franchise (Ardrea and Carl) that had tons of great story lines. What the hell are they going to do now, there was some really cool stuff in there. Just unbelievably awful writing, they're going to lose a lot of comic people and kids now, my niece is pissed haha.

I think he got bit during that scuffle in the woods with the walkers a few episodes back when he was giving food to that kid. I'm pretty sure he's done quickly in episode 9.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You were right!

I did see something from a just posted interview where Chandler Riggs found out he was going to be knocked off while on set of episode six. It said it wasn't his decision to leave or didn't really have anything to do with college. He does have a bunch of other stuff going on though so who knows, I'm sure it will come out though. I do know that Scott Gimple is a ****ing awful writer and show runner. He killed off two of the most important characters in the franchise (Ardrea and Carl) that had tons of great story lines. What the hell are they going to do now, there was some really cool stuff in there. Just unbelievably awful writing, they're going to lose a lot of comic people and kids now, my niece is pissed haha.

I think he got bit during that scuffle in the woods with the walkers a few episodes back when he was giving food to that kid. I'm pretty sure he's done quickly in episode 9.
[Don't get me wrong, I think it's fine to divert from the comics a little bit, just for the predictability factor, but to the point where it involves that drastic of a change in killing a couple of the biggest characters in the comic. Small changes aren't so bad, like giving Denise the death Abraham or Abraham the death of Glenn in the comics, etc. I have enjoyed this season, whereas last season was garbage. A lot of last season was filler and not needed. And how many saviors are still left? I figured the band of them with Simon were the freed savior prisoners from the Hilltop, but then I saw after that scene, all the prisoners were still there. Between how many they massacred in season 6, even before Negan debuted and how many they took out this season, you would think these numbers would be dwindling down? They must have killed 200+ already, and there must be at least another 40 left+ at least a dozen of the imprisoned ones at the Hilltop. I'm kind of annoyed with this direction. I'm waiting for Rick to have his shit pushed in by some weakling (like Gavin or Simon) and thrown out a window by them in the next half haha. /SPOILER]

Reactions: JK3

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Finally got around to playing Nier Automata. About 4 hours in and I'm really liking it so far. I don't think the fighting mechanics are super polished, and some of the camera angles are frustrating, but it seems like it's setting up to be a great story. For me, that's far more important. It's the most important thing, actually. Probably why I'm such a big RPG fan.

Reactions: Darkauron

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
stopped watching dead when
its sucked since darabont left the team. punch up netflix and watch the first two seasons, then watch everything after...... the first two had something. everything else is just corporate bs trying to build a franchise.

Edit: i tried to add a spoiler even tho it was a couple years ago. dunno this show isnt the same.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Floribama
Gross! No thanks! Hate every MTV reality show and almost every other reality TV show.
stopped watching dead when
its sucked since darabont left the team. punch up netflix and watch the first two seasons, then watch everything after...... the first two had something. everything else is just corporate bs trying to build a franchise.

Edit: i tried to add a spoiler even tho it was a couple years ago. dunno this show isnt the same.
I thought seasons 3 and 4 were really good. Aside from a couple really slow and stupid episode's near the of season 4. Like that stupid Darryl and Beth episode. That was nothing but filler.

Season 5 was fine, I did like season 6 and the buildup to the Negan/Saviors storyline, but the last season was more filler than anything. I did enjoy the first half of this season, but don't like the ending last night or this particular decision, nor the way it was done.

They desperately need to do a time skip after this season. It hasn't even been 2 years since the apocalypse started, even though it's been 7 years in real time. And if they have to skip over Maggie's child birth, so be it. She's probably not gonna die while giving birth, like Lori did, as that would be too predictable.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Finally got around to playing Nier Automata. About 4 hours in and I'm really liking it so far. I don't think the fighting mechanics are super polished, and some of the camera angles are frustrating, but it seems like it's setting up to be a great story. For me, that's far more important. It's the most important thing, actually. Probably why I'm such a big RPG fan.

It can be a little rough around the edges, but it is my GOTY by far. Perhaps even my game of the decade so far. Hope you enjoy it..its a ride.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Gross! No thanks! Hate every MTV reality show and almost every other reality TV show.

I thought seasons 3 and 4 were really good. Aside from a couple really slow and stupid episode's near the of season 4. Like that stupid Darryl and Beth episode. That was nothing but filler.

Season 5 was fine, I did like season 6 and the buildup to the Negan/Saviors storyline, but the last season was more filler than anything. I did enjoy the first half of this season, but don't like the ending last night or this particular decision, nor the way it was done.

They desperately need to do a time skip after this season. It hasn't even been 2 years since the apocalypse started, even though it's been 7 years in real time. And if they have to skip over Maggie's child birth, so be it. She's probably not gonna die while giving birth, like Lori did, as that would be too predictable.

3 and 4 were fine. i lied i still watched until what happened with the cops in the 'hospital' you feel me? then i was out. but they were still playing off of everything that darabont created for them in 3 and 4. the show is ok but they shouldve let darabont do his thing instead of pushing him out for corporate control of the script. thats a fact. you really think the guy who was responsible for shawshank couldnt help with a zombie show?

Edit: not trying to imply that you think darabont couldnt contribute, its just the way i speak... er type. i know you never said that, dont mind me. just pissed hes not on the walking dead team.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I am catching up on some video games. I just beat Wolfenstein 2 and Dishonored 2.

Wofenstein 2 was fun.

I cannot recommend Dishonored 2 enough. That is a hell of a game. You can really play it however you want (stealth vs run and gun) and the game can be completely different either way. It took me 10 hours to beat since I run and gun and have no patience. I already want to play it again.

I am four hours into the Evil Within 2 and it is SCARY and a very good game.

Destiny 2 is boring. Same old crap.

I recommend Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4. Great game.

Going to pick up Battlefront 2 and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider today.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I am catching up on some video games. I just beat Wolfenstein 2 and Dishonored 2.

Wofenstein 2 was fun.

I cannot recommend Dishonored 2 enough. That is a hell of a game. You can really play it however you want (stealth vs run and gun) and the game can be completely different either way. It took me 10 hours to beat since I run and gun and have no patience. I already want to play it again.

I regret buying Destiny 2 so much. What a big mistake.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I regret buying Destiny 2 so much. What a big mistake.

Agreed. I was so bored and annoyed with the first one. The missions were the same things over and over and over again.... and unless you spend 10 hours a day with the game, you're going to get killed every 2 seconds in the multi player arenas.

I don't know why I thought the new game would be anything different.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

Wofenstein 2 was fun.

Just barely scratched the surface of DH2 here but looks to be pretty decent so far. The graphics engine is getting long in the tooth for me though since I previously played through DH a couple times.

Just got EW2 but started it late at night and dozed off during the long story intros lol. I love scary games though so I'm glad to hear it's got the goods.

Horizon Dawn was one of my favorite games in a long time, suits my combat style perfectly. I just finished the main quest lines of the expansion (Frozen Wilds) a couple weeks ago. I hope they make a slam bang sequel to this game. They should probably make it a little harder to cheese the behemoth sized machines though, a highly modded tripcaster with a ton of explosive lines laid down is ez mode.

The other sequel I'm really looking forward to is Red Dead Redemption, need to get my old west on. Looks like that one is going to be a while yet though...

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Just barely scratched the surface of DH2 here but looks to be pretty decent so far. The graphics engine is getting long in the tooth for me though since I previously played through DH a couple times.

Just got EW2 but started it late at night and dozed off during the long story intros lol. I love scary games though so I'm glad to hear it's got the goods.

Horizon Dawn was one of my favorite games in a long time, suits my combat style perfectly. I just finished the main quest lines of the expansion (Frozen Wilds) a couple weeks ago. I hope they make a slam bang sequel to this game. They should probably make it a little harder to cheese the behemoth sized machines though, a highly modded tripcaster with a ton of explosive lines laid down is ez mode.

The other sequel I'm really looking forward to is Red Dead Redemption, need to get my old west on. Looks like that one is going to be a while yet though...

I love that game. One of the few games i actually went out and bought at release. My stratagem for Behemoths was to rope caster. then just shoot a lot of timed sticky bombs into the weak points. rinse and repeat. Would take down ThunderJaws in a couple tie downs.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah I used the ropecaster as a situational tool at times too, I think for some encounters it just makes sense and when the handling mods are substantial it can fire some ropes out there with the quickness.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I finished Assassin's Creed Origins last night. It's probably the most fun I've had with an AC game since Black Flag. Now I just need to figure out how to kill the war elephants since they're kicking my ass.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space

I'll have to check it out, I've been super addicted to one of the free games on the PS4 "Let It Die" it's hard to describe, but you start out naked and afraid in the subway and have to make your way to the top of a tower, fighting monsters and collecting weapons and armor as you go.

can't recommend enough, Between that and Fortnite:BR free to play on ps4 is awesome

Floribama

ewk.

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah EA is honestly terrible. I am playing Battlefront 2 right now and it's a beautiful game and the campaign has been cool for the first 20 minutes... I just know that the progression system in multiplayer is going to make me trade the game in right after I beat the campaign.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Seeing Star Wars tonight

Meh, I loved Star Wars as a kid (before the cringe inducing prequels) and I was really hyped for Force Awakens, but it's just too Disney for me. Ham fisted jokes and confusing plot points really took me out of the film.

Still enjoyable enough though. Think Rian Johnson is a talented director and hopefully he can come up with something totally different for his trilogy.

Actually, seeing as us Devils fans have such a connection with Admiral Ackbar, how upsetting was it to see him off'd so unceremoniously? :cry:

EDIT: Daisy Ridley though... *daydreams*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->