Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Meh. People said the same thing about Ovechkin. "They'll never win with Ovechkin as their top player." He won the cup at 31. It's extremely hard to win the cup.
Nobody ever considered Ovi too soft to win in the playoffs though. I think everyone can see the difference between Ovi and this Leafs core which seem to be scared of gritty playoff hockey and fragile mentally.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yeah I mean, in a vacuum you'd look at this series and just acknowledge everything is going wrong and run it back. Matthews started great but his sickness derailed him, Nylander, unfortunately, got migraines after playing all 82, Marner playing after a high ankle sprain, etc.

But we've seen the song and dance so many times no one cares about the reasons anymore. These guys will never get it done together and have shown it time and time again.

The only way through this series is if Joseph Woll becomes JS Giguere and we win every game 1-0 or 2-1. Otherwise, the Leafs will go out quietly in game 5, something like 3-1
The injury/health thing is more than just an excuse. I don't think most teams could sustain losing their best two players (Nylander being known for elevating in the playoffs). They didn't have this happen every year.

Also there is the fact that the Leafs came in as the low seed. Boston wins games by grinding the opposition down, like a better version of the Isles basically, so these playoff games have been what a Bruin win would look like against anyone.

I do think the Leafs should change their core but these playoffs have been crazy unlucky for the Leafs.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Nobody ever considered Ovi too soft to win in the playoffs though. I think everyone can see the difference between Ovi and this Leafs core which seem to be scared of gritty playoff hockey and fragile mentally.
Matthews is the best goal scorer of his generation, and can't win it all on his own, and neither could Ovi, or Sid.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
According to the Keefe this aparently is also in part fault of the system the Leafs are trying to play ? They want low event hockey which on one hand i get because their goaltending and defenseman are unlikely to bail them out in a more open game but on the other hand since their defense and goalies are more prone to brainfarts it seems like a bad idea to not open up the game more so you are at least more able to generate goals in response.

At least this is how i understand Keefes press availability after game 4 ?
Well this next game might make or break his future with the leafs. He has to readjust, because his current game plan isn’t working.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
These days I don't follow hockey all that much any more but was delighted to see that the Leafs haven't let me down - they never do :-D

This core is even more dislikeable than any of the previous ones. The levels of entitlement and greed are off the charts. Greedy, soft-as-butter ballerinas. Happy to see such pieces of shite flounder again and again.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
That's not what I'm arguing at all. Saying, "Matthews doesn't have the playoff toughness," is a copout.
Dude left last night's game because was sick. Where's the toughness? Chug some cold medicine and get back in there for the final period. What a baby.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Meh. People said the same thing about Ovechkin. "They'll never win with Ovechkin as their top player." He won the cup at 31, previously never getting out of round 2 in his career. It's extremely hard to win the cup.
I believe you can win with Matthews as your best player, but I don't think the current makeup of the team will allow us to win 4 rounds

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Leaf fans seem to be putting all the blame on Marner when all of their forwards are too scared to do anything. Marner is apparently the scapegoat for the whole team being soft as 2ply.
Have you even watched the series lmao?

Marner has been pathetic, in every way possible. Tavares the patheticness is expected, Matthews put the team on his back for the only win and has been sick since, and Nylander played 1 game.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005

Listening to rosehill echo all our correct boomer point of views on these nu-fans brings a smile to my face

Dang. Words I thought I would never say: God bless Jay Rosehill.

f*** this team. Anything less than three straight wins is an epic failure. The moral victories and participation ribbons are long gone.

As the saying goes, a few of them care more about the name on the back than the crest on the front, and milking every last cent out of the organization. Get someone in here that will stop the knob polishing and lay down the f***ing law on these assholes.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Have you even watched the series lmao?

Marner has been pathetic, in every way possible. Tavares the patheticness is expected, Matthews put the team on his back for the only win and has been sick since, and Nylander played 1 game.
Hyman has 6 goals. Leafs have 7 goals.

Pointing your finger at 1 player is weak. Also Keefe should have been fired long ago.

Leafs go through head coaches like other teams go through toilet paper.

Sad.

What’s a new coach gonna do with this soft overpaid top 6.

Sad.
Keep going through them until 1 works. Keefe ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad