Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Eichel has looked a bit better thus far in my opinion. However, given their resumes thus far, as well as Eichel being a development year ahead as well as seemingly more physically mature, I think McDavid is still easily ahead of him for draft purposes.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Eichel was born in November so he would be a school and hockey year ahead of McDavid who was born in January.

Wait for someone to say "well McDavid was playing up a year throughout his minor hockey days so he's pretty much a 96 born" as if that's how that works & as if Eichel didn't play up (he was playing EmJHL as a 13 year old :laugh:)

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Without the Canadian hype machine, they'd be neck and neck.
Really? He seems to be one of the most impressive young players I've ever seen.

Eichel looks a brilliant player but I don't think he looks as good in my eyes and I'm an American hoping Eichel becomes a superstar.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Eichel is only 3 months older than mcdavid and played up just as mcdavid did. Eichel is still continuing to get better and he thinks the game very well. The gap is closing in this race. I will say they are two completely different kinds of players. It just depends what a team will be looking for in 2015.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
come on people, this is ridiculous.

How? In minor hockey at least in Alberta there is two years per age division, atom's and pee wee hockey Eichel would have played one year with 95/96 born years the following year Eichel would have played his second year in the age category we'll go with pee wee just for the sake of it and it would be 96/97's.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How? In minor hockey at least in Alberta there is two years per age division, atom's and pee wee hockey Eichel would have played one year with 95/96 born years the following year Eichel would have played his second year in the age category we'll go with pee wee just for the sake of it and it would be 96/97's.

again, I simply cannot take this serious for one second.

now we are going to use this as an excuse?

I don't care what either kid did at atom or pee wee levels. they both have been playing a level up since I can remember. This is some of the lamest stuff I have heard and looks like a simple excuse as to try to justify why Eichel is so close to said stud Mcdavid.

He (Eichel) is 3 months older, it is simple as that.

I never heard this nonsense between Hall and Seguin. Never heard it for Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

I will just keep laughing as some of you are actually trying to say this is a reason for why Eichel is 1B to 1A Mcdavid.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

I don't care what either kid did at atom or pee wee levels. they both have been playing a level up since I can remember. This is some of the lamest stuff I have heard and looks like a simple excuse as to try to justify why Eichel is so close to said stud Mcdavid.

I never heard this nonsense between Hall and Seguin. Never heard it for Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

I will just keep laughing as some of you are actually trying to say this is a reason for why Eichel is 1B to 1A Mcdavid.

Who said i'm using it as an excuse, i'm just stating facts. 3 months really doesn't make much of a difference.

They are different age groups growing up in minor hockey, doesn't mean much because they sit in the same draft year.

Players don't usually play a level up when they are super young you see the bump around the age of 12, 13 usually.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Honestly can't remember Yakupov and Galchenyuk, but it was definitely brought up with Seguin/Hall with regularity. It was brought up as a negative against Couturier as well. But hey, don't let that get in the way of exposing the Canadian conspiracy to get McDavid drafted #1.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Honestly can't remember Yakupov and Galchenyuk, but it was definitely brought up with Seguin/Hall with regularity. It was brought up as a negative against Couturier as well. But hey, don't let that get in the way of exposing the Canadian conspiracy to get McDavid drafted #1.

It wasn't brought up between Gally and Yakupov because Galchenyuk was injured for most of their draft season.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
McDavid is pretty good, but Eichel has the chance of being the best ginger of all time. I'm gonna go with Eichel for the intangibles.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
McDavid is pretty good, but Eichel has the chance of being the best ginger of all time. I'm gonna go with Eichel for the intangibles.

Never saw so much brown hair on a ginger:
Eichel_Jack_medium.jpg

Maupin Fan

Hot Air
Sep 17, 2009
McDavid.

Eichel looks to be every bit as good offensively, albeit in a different way. He looks to have that shoot first, goal scorer mentality, where McDavid looks to pass first. I'd give Eichel the scoring edge and McDavid the passing edge.

Where McDavid really separates himself is in every other zone. Eichel looks lazy defensively and soft going into the corners. McDavid is a dogged backchecker and is great with his stick creating turnovers.

Either way though, teams will be getting a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad