Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I think they will both be terrific. Hopefully it will be a fun race to #1.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Some of the posts on here are hilarious. :handclap:

McDavid took 2 penalties, and 1 was an iffy call. He came in on the shootout to win it (which says a lot a lot about Sutters confidence in a 16 yr old kid who sat for 10 mins), and the goalie poke checked him which caused him to try to make a quick move (great move by the goalie). Game 1: McDavid took over the game. Game 2: Some bad luck, but it happens to EVERY player.

side thought: McDavid will probably bounce back against the Slovaks. Sure, let's take away EVERYTHING the kid has done for one bad luck game. :shakehead :p:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think they've both looked great. That said, I think that Eichel has been more impressive.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Looking back on past drafts Stamkos, Tavares and Mackinnon all the most touted guys did eventually go 1st. So Eichel has a uphill battle on his hands. I also feel he'll have to go Saint John as well to mount a true challenge for #1.

There's no doubt that he's been the better of two so far in the WJC, Quite a prospect.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Some of the posts on here are hilarious. :handclap:

McDavid took 2 penalties, and 1 was an iffy call. He came in on the shootout to win it (which says a lot a lot about Sutters confidence in a 16 yr old kid who sat for 10 mins), and the goalie poke checked him which caused him to try to make a quick move (great move by the goalie). Game 1: McDavid took over the game. Game 2: Some bad luck, but it happens to EVERY player.

side thought: McDavid will probably bounce back against the Slovaks. Sure, let's take away EVERYTHING the kid has done for one bad luck game. :shakehead :p:

i will say Slovakia is a little tougher team than Germany.

Thankstoo

Jun 29, 2013
I was wondering how long a thread like this would take to pop up. Most of you on here are too young to remember the 1984 draft. Leading up to that draft the 'pundits' were trying to create speculation about the # 1 pick. In fact Don Cherry leading up to the draft stated emphatically that the Penguins should take Kirk Muller with the pick and that he, Cherry would be proven right in the long run. We all know the Penguins took Lemieux and the rest is history.

McDavid is being over scrutinized and will be continue to be. The fact is the team selecting Eichel after McDavid will have a great player to build or strengthen their franchise. McDavid will go #1, sell lots of tickets and eventually be a superstar and the heir apparent to Crosby as the face of the game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was wondering how long a thread like this would take to pop up. Most of you on here are too young to remember the 1984 draft. Leading up to that draft the 'pundits' were trying to create speculation about the # 1 pick. In fact Don Cherry leading up to the draft stated emphatically that the Penguins should take Kirk Muller with the pick and that he, Cherry would be proven right in the long run. We all know the Penguins took Lemieux and the rest is history.

McDavid is being over scrutinized and will be continue to be. The fact is the team selecting Eichel after McDavid will have a great player to build or strengthen their franchise. McDavid will go #1, sell lots of tickets and eventually be a superstar and the heir apparent to Crosby as the face of the game.

Wasn't Couturier hyped to be the #1 in his draft year for a long time?

GoHabsGo312711*

Sidney Crosby vs. Patrick Kane junior.

I'd pick McDavid.

Thankstoo

Jun 29, 2013
Wasn't Couturier hyped to be the #1 in his draft year for a long time?

Guys like Couturier are "ranked" # 1, they are not "hyped". Talents like Lemieux, Crosby, Tavares & McDavid eventually, are hyped. "Hyped" players have been on our radar for years. Hardly a valid comparison.

68Forever

Sep 2, 2008
Queens, NY
More like Crosby vs. a better skating Kopitar(from what I have read)... but I think McDavid is more of a finesse player than the "full steam ahead" Sidney Crosby

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Both are fantastic prospects and are both deserving of #1 in most years. That said when looking at projections McDavid is on another level.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I like how this storyline should have a part 2 at next year's WJ's. We get to see them compete against each other this year, and next year will be an amplified sequel with both players in the midst of their draft year hype, with another year of development and a more prominent role on their respective teams. Definitely an intriguing storyline.

Horvath Broncos

Aug 21, 2013
it's early but i think that the top4 of the 2015 draft might be one of the best if not of all time then atleast in last few decades. if all of McDavid, Barzal, Eichel and Hanifin develop as they should in next year and a half that draft will be amazing.

and I think there is just no way anyone can surpass McDavid, but there probably will be one helluva fight for the 2nd overall spot. I believe it will be Barzal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Eichel has looked better than McDavid. McDavid is still the clear #1 pick for 2015. Contrary to what most of you think, it is possible for both things to be true.

This.

However there is still a lot of time before the 2015 draft. There is a lot of talent in that draft and there are quite a few players that could jump up IMO.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
You realize Crosby did not light up the WJC as a 16 year old right?Scouts look at a players body of work when evaluating prospects and McDavid seems an amazing prospect so far, which is not a knock on Eichel.

McDavid is a special player, no need for you or others to compare him to Crowby and build such expectations.

I'm an American btw who would be thrilled if Eichel passes McDavid.
And neither did McKinnon, his draft year....

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
These talks about the canadian prodigy vs. the american one reminds me of all the debates about Crosby vs. Kessel. Oh, I feel like I'm getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad