Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Eichel will be a dominant player IMO. ~.8-.9 PPG career should be expected similar to players like Getzlaf, Staal etc but that's not generational. People throw that word around far too quickly. I don't even think McDavid is generational.

If McDavid/Eichel are generational, so are John Tavares, Stamkos and Patrick Kane.

I can see a case being made for Eichel not being generational talent but Mcdavid is 100% a generational talent. Well that is if you consider Crosby a generational talent.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

After a slow start (and snake bit linemates) Eichel's now got 7 points in his last 9 gp. I expect he'll continue to progress and gain more confidence. I'm still expecting ~65 points from him . . . pretty decent considering he's a 19 year old playing for the Buffalo Sabres.

Will be interesting to see how McDavid returns. By my math he'll play around ~60 games if he's back by early Jan? I'd guess that would put him around 50-55 points, not sure his high shooting % will persist.

You think Eichel, who's humming at 0.5PPG, will drop ~55P in 63 games to round out the season? I'd call that optimistic, though you do like beating the Eichel drum.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You think Eichel, who's humming at 0.5PPG, will drop ~55P in 63 games to round out the season? I'd call that optimistic, though you do like beating the Eichel drum.

Yes. Did you even read my post? 65 points was the expectation of most before the season. He's done nothing to make me doubt that, and he's still due to regress upwards in terms of on ice shooting percentage.

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014

I can see 65 the way he's playing. He was pretty non existent in the back to back games but other than that he's been very good creating many scoring chances

55 is more realistic to me though with the way things have been going this year for the the team

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I can see 65 the way he's playing. He was pretty non existent in the back to back games but other than that he's been very good creating many scoring chances

55 is more realistic to me though with the way things have been going this year for the the team

Speaking of this....does anyone know if there a website that has individual stats for scoring chances?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yes. Did you even read my post? 65 points was the expectation of most before the season. He's done nothing to make me doubt that, and he's still due to regress upwards in terms of on ice shooting percentage.
He's also bound to hit the rookie wall at some point, he only played at most 60 something games last year. The NHL grind he will wear down at some point.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Yes, very clear that I read it as I questioned the only content in it. Ho boy.

So Eichel is essentially a top 10 forward in the league for the rest of the season? Despite being essentially a middle six forward 20 games in? Because you believe?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

So Eichel is essentially a top 10 forward in the league for the rest of the season? Despite being essentially a middle six forward 20 games in? Because you believe?

Crosby is also a middle six forward on the stat sheet. Leave predictions to people who have actually watched Eichel.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Please stop with the hyperbole. It does nothing to advance discussion. It's obvious you haven't watched any Buffalo games. How many middle six forwards are top 20 in the league in SOG?

Are you just stat watching?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

The reverse of "Downwards Progress".

:nod: :laugh:

No, regress means to go back. As in Eichel's on ice shooting percentage will go back upwards to league average.

^^^This makes no sense.^^^ One would either say progress upwards or regress downwards - or better yet, simply move up or move down. If you mix the two, it becomes a contradiction.

No. You don't understand regression.

I know exactly what it means. :)

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
:nod: :laugh:

^^^This makes no sense.^^^ One would either say progress upwards or regress downwards - or better yet, simply move up or move down. If you mix the two, it becomes a contradiction.

I know exactly what it means. :)

No, clearly you do not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_toward_the_mean

In this case a regression toward the mean is a regression upwards towards the mean.

More reading if you'd like:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Regression_to_the_mean

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Please stop with the hyperbole.

Wow. You of all posters should not speak of "hyperbole" when it comes to Eichel.

It's obvious you haven't watched any Buffalo games..

Wew Hew! WYTD is using/combining the "Eichel Excuses" I listed before the season

1) Did you even watch his games because, no matter how few points he got, he was the best player on the ice every game?!?!

2) Did you see who he had to play with all season?

3) Obviously, you know nothing about hockey because I saw every shift and he was beyond what I expected.

4) I NEVER said he was going to be "Generational". I said he was going to be good to great. Nothing more.

5) I can't believe you remember I said that and quoted me. Get a life!!!

6) Yes!! He should be on the U23 team and anyone who says he shouldn't, knows NOTHING about hockey.

7) Your national bias is showing because he is GREAT!!!

8) Did you see how good he was in the month of <fill in the blank>?

9) He was injured. What did you expect???

10) I NEVER SAID THAT and don't even bother looking thru my posts to prove me wrong because I am blocking you.

How many middle six forwards are top 20 in the league in SOG?

When a large chunk of your shots are from the blue line or the perimeter because you're scared of body contact, your shot total means little.

Last edited by a moderator:

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Please stop with the hyperbole. It does nothing to advance discussion. It's obvious you haven't watched any Buffalo games. How many middle six forwards are top 20 in the league in SOG?

Are you just stat watching?

Your prediction is Eichel will be a near PPG player going on the rest of the season. Guess how many players were PPG last season? Essentially making him a top 10-15 forward in the league, which he absolutely isn't yet. Are you stat watching? Or riding your Eichel high you've ridden since pre draft? You have an agenda buddy, don't think I don't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad