Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
And that is not something you can teach.

By what logic? You don't think that once a player (not referring to Eichel here) gets comfortable with his abilities and see what is effective for him that said player wouldn't be able to "go into the dirty areas". :shakehead

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Eichel seems streaky to me. Goes games with nothing then pops a few.

Eichel will be a dominant player IMO. ~.8-.9 PPG career should be expected similar to players like Getzlaf, Staal etc but that's not generational. People throw that word around far too quickly. I don't even think McDavid is generational.

If McDavid/Eichel are generational, so are John Tavares, Stamkos and Patrick Kane.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Sorry, that's Pacioretty

tumblr_nnja9v6GZp1qiyae2o1_500.jpg

Wolverine is Canadian and from Edmonton:laugh:

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Eichel will be a dominant player IMO. ~.8-.9 PPG career should be expected similar to players like Getzlaf, Staal etc but that's not generational. People throw that word around far too quickly. I don't even think McDavid is generational.
If McDavid/Eichel are generational, so are John Tavares, Stamkos and Patrick K
ane.

I guess Crosby isn't either by this logic?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Maybe by December.

For a "generational" talent he only has 9 points in 18 games. He was -2 tonight and pointless in his last 3 games.

Hell, Tobias Rieder has more points in the same amount of games.

Totally right. Huge bust. Think we can still get Halak, Ryder, and a 2nd for him? Or is it too late?

This thread was nice and buried. Just when you think people have finally let the comparison thread die someone has to bump it.

Connor McJesus is about 88,643x the hockey player, and human being in general, that Jack Eichel is. We all get it. We understand Eichel will be flipping burgers in the concessions as early as next year. In time people won't even remember Daigle because the bust that is Eichel will have easily overshadowed it.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The only thing I hate about Jack Eichel is what when he scores I have to hear Buffalo's terrible sounding play by play guy who hurts my ears when he yells.

Aceonfire*

Totally right. Huge bust. Think we can still get Halak, Ryder, and a 2nd for him? Or is it too late?

This thread was nice and buried. Just when you think people have finally let the comparison thread die someone has to bump it.

Connor McJesus is about 88,643x the hockey player, and human being in general, that Jack Eichel is. We all get it. We understand Eichel will be flipping burgers in the concessions as early as next year. In time people won't even remember Daigle because the bust that is Eichel will have easily overshadowed it.

Too be fair, even Daigle went 1st overall.

In his own words "Nobody remembers #2". :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

If McDavid/Eichel are generational, so are John Tavares, Stamkos and Patrick Kane.
He is, he's by far the best prospect out the OHL since Lindros (only people close are Tavares and Thornton possibly Kane, Stamkos and Spezza) which is about a 25 year time frame and is the best draft prospect in 10 at a minimum (Personally I think he was a better prospect then Crosby but behind Lindros). If McDavid isn't generational then we haven't had one in 25 years. Now does he become a generational player is another question because Lindros only had flashes due to injury and Crosby has never cemented himself above his peers like Wayne, and Orr did.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Too be fair, even Daigle went 1st overall.

In his own words "Nobody remembers #2". :laugh:

100% agree with you, I would have totally forgotten his name by now if this thread didn't keep popping up. No reason to even discuss him in the same thread as McDavid because he isn't worthy enough.

In fact, he is so terrible, he probably shouldn't be talked about at all, anywhere, by anyone, except in situations where you are discussing how terrible a hockey player one can be.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Based on my years of watching hockey, great players fall into 3 categories...

The Generational : Crosby, Gretzky, Mario, McDavid, OV. Great from day one and simply better than everyone else.

Eichel is NOT one of those.

The Jitterbug Types : Patrick Kane, Johnny Gaudreau, Pavel Datsyuk. Small. Shifty. Great lateral movement. Never seem to get hit. Can get in and out of small areas while making plays.

Eichel is NOT one of those - he is too big and does not have the lateral movement.

The Big Power Forwards : Malkin, Getzlaf, Perry, Modano, Kessler, Toews. Big, skilled players. Mean.
Not scared to get into the dirty areas.

As per frustrated fans in the Buffalo forum, he may not be that either.

Big, yes.
Skilled, yes.
Willing to get into dirty areas, NO.

And that is not something you can teach.

Never heard someone describe Modano as mean.

Eichel fits into the category of mid sized skill centers who rule the league. Tavares. Stamkos. Backstrom. Seguin.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
After a slow start (and snake bit linemates) Eichel's now got 7 points in his last 9 gp. I expect he'll continue to progress and gain more confidence. I'm still expecting ~65 points from him . . . pretty decent considering he's a 19 year old playing for the Buffalo Sabres.

Will be interesting to see how McDavid returns. By my math he'll play around ~60 games if he's back by early Jan? I'd guess that would put him around 50-55 points, not sure his high shooting % will persist.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
After a slow start (and snake bit linemates) Eichel's now got 7 points in his last 9 gp. I expect he'll continue to progress and gain more confidence. I'm still expecting ~65 points from him . . . pretty decent considering he's a 19 year old playing for the Buffalo Sabres.

Will be interesting to see how McDavid returns. By my math he'll play around ~60 games if he's back by early Jan? I'd guess that would put him around 50-55 points, not sure his high shooting % will persist.

Of course it won't persist. It will obviously go up until, at his peak, he will be shooting 100%. He will then go on to have at least three 200 goal seasons.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa

I would consider this to be unrealistic, even for next year. Eich should net 40 or 45 points this year. That is a pretty decent goal for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad