Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
connor-mcdavid-and-jack-eichel.jpg

McDavid with an assist on another odd man rush. He seems to create an odd man rush every other shift, so weird that a bunch of people on this board tried to argue Eichel was just as good a skater. :laugh:

MOD: Continued from here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1958577

Last edited by a moderator:

seabass11

Dec 12, 2010
McDavid with an assist on another odd man rush. He seems to create an odd man rush every other shift, so weird that a bunch of people on this board tried to argue Eichel was just as good a skater. :laugh:

Too bad he's trailing Eichel in the 'shouldahadapoints' category.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Too bad he's trailing Eichel in the 'shouldahadapoints' category.
It sounds like a lame excuse but it's really true ... I'm not saying Eichel deserves to be leading McDavid in points, but it's really frustrating how every night he sets up 2-3 top quality scoring chances and no one can finish.

Now back to McDavid, I'm glad he's come out to be a force already. Oilers fans are really lucky to have him.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Even Eichel's highlights are meh. There is a clip from half way thru tonight's game. The 4 plays on the clip...

1) Eichel taking a shot from outside the circle;
2) Eichel driving wide and pushing the puck into the side of the net;
3) A strong/good pass to Kane (giving credit where credit is due);
4) Eichel doing a NCAA spin-a-roo and losing the puck.

...it's really frustrating how every night he sets up 2-3 top quality scoring chances and no one can finish...

Every player has that. He is not the only one. Otherwise the scores would be thru the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Even Eichel's highlights are unimpressive. There is a clip from half way thru tonight's game. The 4 plays on the clip...

2) Eichel driving wide and pushing the puck into the side of the net;

Every player has that. He is not the only one. Otherwise the scores would be thru the roof.
What nonsense. Let's keep the Connor McDavid thread about Connor McDavid though, shall we?

EDIT: For those wondering, the posts were moved from the Connor McDavid thread to here.

Last edited:

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014

He is. He blew by pk subban tonight and the Sabres color guy said when he came back to the bench he was shaking his head and was telling all his team mates to keep their sticks out when he's on the ice. Mcdavid is more nimble, but that's about it, sorry bud.

No reason to try to discredit eichel because McDavid got an assist lol. If you watched the Sabres game tonight you would know how many chances eichel created with his skating alone. Everything's a measuring contest around here it's embarrassing to read

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
He is. He blew by pk subban tonight and the Sabres color guy said when he came back to the bench he was shaking his head and was telling all his team mates to keep their sticks out when he's on the ice. Mcdavid is more nimble, but that's about it, sorry bud.

No reason to try to discredit eichel because McDavid got an assist lol. If you watched the Sabres game tonight you would know how many chances eichel created with his skating alone. Everything's a measuring contest around here it's embarrassing to read
He's not a better skater than McDavid. Maybe top-end speed (not sure about that though), but there's more to skating than just that. I agree it's annoying that some people always seem to have to put the other player down to make a point. It's clear already that both players are going to be at the top of the league in short order, maybe even in within the next year or two, barring injuries, of course.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Correction...

Even Eichel's highlights are meh. There is a clip from half way thru tonight's game. The 4 plays on the clip...

2) Eichel driving wide and pushing the puck into the pads of the goalie;

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
They are where they were both slated to be now. McDavid was the consensus #1 pick, a generational talent, no question he'd go first in the draft. Eichel would go first in every draft year leading back to Tavares, and he might have gone first in that one. Both exceptional players, but there's clear separation between them, as predicted. Either way you'd have to be jumping for joy to have Jack or Connor--look at the Oilers meh run of number 1 overalls, Eichel is the kind of guy that can still turn a franchise around, unlike the RNH/Hall/Yakupovs. Having said that--Eichel is no McDavid, never will be.

Edit: Connor with 5th goal, just now. 2nd point of the game. He's PPG in 8 games.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Your case??? Haha.... your a real hoot. I know it pains you to give Jack credit, but it's ok I get.

I'd repost it but, TBH, I can't go into the Eichel thread. ;)

Anyway, I would love for someone to repost it and describe the 4 plays. Be honest and see how your description differs from mine - keep it brief. The fact that no one has reposted, tells me I am right.

The Sabres have the Devils tomorrow night so... He should get some points.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I'd repost it but, TBH, I can't go into the Eichel thread. ;)

Anyway, I would love for someone to repost it and describe the 4 plays. Be honest and see how your description differs from mine. The fact that no one has reposted, tells me I am right.

The Sabres have the Devils tomorrow night so... He should get some points tomorrow night.

Well to be fair he did more then just a "drive" on that rush. He put the puck between his legs deking the defender in Oveckhin-style.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Well to be fair he did more then just a "drive" on that rush. He put the puck between his legs deking the defender in Oveckhin-style.

Fair enough. Still, 1 and 4 were unimpressive. Seriously... A shot from 50 feet where he was not even the first player to the net (after) and the silly spin-a-roo.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.

Correction...

2) Eichel driving wide and pushing the puck into the pads of the goalie;
I agree. It's some fancy moves but really in the NHL it's better to keep possession and try to get some quality shots from the points instead of losing possession with junior dekes. The defencemen just angle Eichel wide and not give him any quality chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->