Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
Eichel has had the misfortune of getting Ennis recently. Ennis has really been struggling and loses the puck constantly. Evander Kane will be back in a game or so and I expect Kane and Eichel to be together again.

Then its just a matter of Kane burying those chances but at least they generated some.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Eichel has had the misfortune of getting Ennis recently. Ennis has really been struggling and loses the puck constantly. Evander Kane will be back in a game or so and I expect Kane and Eichel to be together again.

At the beginning of the season, everyone said Eichel had the misfortune of being on Kane's line. Now it is Ennis' fault? When will it be Eichel's fault for Eichel's lack of production?

Last edited by a moderator:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I just realized I have the same birthday (the month/day, not year) as Eichel. Wooooooo.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
At the beginning of the season, everyone said Eichel had the misfortune of being on Kane's line. Now it is Ennis' fault? When will it be Eichel's fault for Eichel's lack of production?

Those were the golden days...

:laugh:

But seriously, Eichel and Kane got lots of chances. Kane had 4-5 easy tap ins that he missed. Will get to complain about this again as Kane and Eichel will be playing together again soon. And Sabres fans are hard on Eichel too. Go to the Buffalo board and the sky is falling because he had a couple of bad games in a row.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Eichel apologists sound a lot like Yakupov apologists [check HFOil thread for reference]. It's everyone else's fault but the player in question:laugh:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Those were the golden days...

:laugh:

But seriously, Eichel and Kane got lots of chances. Kane had 4-5 easy tap ins that he missed. Will get to complain about this again as Kane and Eichel will be playing together again soon. And Sabres fans are hard on Eichel too. Go to the Buffalo board and the sky is falling because he had a couple of bad games in a row.

Eichel apologists sound a lot like Yakupov apologists [check HFOil thread for reference]. It's everyone else's fault but the player in question:laugh:
It's funny... I was in another Team forum and looking at a player's thread (can't remember who) and the posters were saying,

"Player X could have easily had 4 or 5 assists in his last game if everyone else just played better, etc...".

Seems that is a common line/excuse throughout HF.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Based on my years of watching hockey, great players fall into 3 categories...

The Generational : Crosby, Gretzky, Mario, McDavid, OV. Great from day one and simply better than everyone else.

Eichel is NOT one of those.

The Jitterbug Types : Patrick Kane, Johnny Gaudreau, Pavel Datsyuk. Small. Shifty. Great lateral movement. Never seem to get hit. Can get in and out of small areas while making plays.

Eichel is NOT one of those - he is too big and does not have the lateral movement.

The Big Power Forwards : Malkin, Getzlaf, Perry, Modano, Kessler, Toews. Big, skilled players. Mean.
Not scared to get into the dirty areas.

As per frustrated fans in the Buffalo forum, he may not be that either.

Big, yes.
Skilled, yes.
Willing to get into dirty areas, NO.

And that is not something you can teach.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Generational healing...it's like he's Wolverine

Sorry, that's Pacioretty

tumblr_nnja9v6GZp1qiyae2o1_500.jpg

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
can't believe I just got rick rolled.

.....................„-~~'''''''~~--„„_
..............„-~''-,::::::::::::::::::: ''-„
..........,~''::::::::',:::::::::::::::: ::::|',
.....::::::,~'''¯¯¯''''~~--~'''¯''',:|
.........'|:::::|: : : : : : : : : : : ::: : |,'
........|:::::|: : :-~~---: : : -: |
.......(¯''~-': : : :'¯°: ',: :|: :°-: :|
.....'....''~-,|: : : : : : ~---': : : :,'
...............|,: : : : : :-~~--: : ::/ NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
......,''\':\: :'~„„_: : : : : _,' NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOOOWN
__„-';;;;;\:''-,: : : :'~---~''/|
;;;;;/;;;;;;;\: :\: : :____/: :',__
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',. .''-,:|:::::::|. . |;;;;''-„__
;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;\. . .''|::::::::|. .,';;;;;;;;;;''-„
;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;\. . .\:::::,'. ./|;;;;;;;;;;;;;|
;;;;;;;\;;;;;;;;;;;',: : :|¯¯|. . .|;;;;;;;;;,';;|
;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;;;;;;\. . |:::|. . .'',;;;;;;;;|;;/
;;;;;;;;;;\;;;;;;;;;;;\. .|:::|. . . |;;;;;;;;|/
;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;|. .\:/. . . .|;;;;;;;;|

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

The Generational : Crosby, Gretzky, Mario, McDavid, OV. Great from day one and simply better than everyone else.

The Jitterbug Types : Patrick Kane, Johnny Gaudreau, Pavel Datsyuk. Small. Shifty. Great lateral movement. Never seem to get hit. Can get in and out of small areas while making plays.

Eichel is NOT one of those - he is too big and does not have the lateral movement.

The Big Power Forwards : Malkin, Getzlaf, Perry, Modano, Kessler, Toews. Big, skilled players. Mean.

Big, yes.
Skilled, yes.

Another classic opinion from the guy who keeps wasting his time trolling my inbox.

There are plenty of great medium sized or soft players. Mike Bossy? Steve Yzerman? Joe Sakic? Patrik Elias? Jason Spezza? Daniel Alfredsson? The Sedins?

Apparently none of them were any good. This is Nintendo ice hockey, where all players are either small and quick or big and mean.

Please, keep it coming with the deep insights :laugh:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Another classic opinion from the guy who keeps wasting his time trolling my inbox.

There are plenty of great medium sized or soft players. Mike Bossy? Steve Yzerman? Joe Sakic? Patrik Elias? Jason Spezza? Daniel Alfredsson? The Sedins?

Apparently none of them were any good. This is Nintendo ice hockey, where all players are either small and quick or big and mean.

Hey there was also the medium sized decent at everything guys. 3xbig and 1xmedium = best team :)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Another classic opinion from the guy who keeps wasting his time trolling my inbox.:

Just wait until Mr. Writer gets back. He remembers all your previous posts and is chomping at the bit. I told him to go easy on you because you always make us smile.

:)

Apparently, you went from saying "Eichel is as good as McDavid", to "Eichel will be as good as Tavares", to "Eichel will be as good as McKinnon" - moving on each time you start losing the argument. :laugh: Anyway, that is what I was told by other posters.

Jason Spezza? Is that what your faith in Eichel has come to?

"Eichel will be as as good as Jason Spezza". ;)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

Big, yes.
Skilled, yes.

I hope that one day we can trade Jack Eichel for Sam Gagner since all small and shifty players fall into one of the three great Hockey types. It's a shame Eichel doesn't fall into one of these categories you just made up.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

...since all small and shifty players fall into one of the three great Hockey types..

I never said that. I just described the great players I have seen and the categories they usually fall into.

It's a shame Eichel doesn't fall into one of these categories you just made up.
Yes it is.

I have noticed for a while that Eichel is scared of contact. The way he fires the puck as soon as he hits the blue line. The way he never goes to the boards to fight for the puck. The way he always floats around the perimeter. The way he will never go to the gritty areas. The way he only hits small players.

Then I saw Sabre fans beefing about it and I knew it was fair game for discussion.
:handclap:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

McDavid will likely be off until January so, by then, Eichel will have more points... maybe.

Anyway, I have been pulled back into this argument and I did not want to be. I need to go. I am off HF for good!!!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I never said that. I just described the great players I have seen and the categories they usually fall into.

Yes it is.

I have noticed for a while that Eichel is scared of contact. The way he fires the puck as soon as he hits the blue line. The way he never goes to the boards to fight for the puck. The way he always floats around the perimeter. The way he will never go to the gritty areas. The way he only hits small players.

Then I saw Sabre fans beefing about it and I knew it was fair game for discussion.
:handclap:

You're right, it's an area he'll need to improve on. He needs to show more willingness to get into the dirty areas. But to say he won't be a great player because he has deficiences in his game 18 games into his NHL career...? It's not something you can't teach, so I guess he'll never adjust?

Make no mistake about it, Eichel has been very good so far. Points only mean so much, and Eichel is one of basically two Buffalo players who can create offense on their own.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
McDavid will likely be off until January so, by then, Eichel will have more points... maybe.

Anyway, I have been pulled back into this argument and I did not want to be. I need to go. I am off HF for good!!!

Yeah, you clearly don't want to be here. A mere 100 posts in this thread so far. :facepalm:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Big, yes.
Skilled, yes.

This is a joke right? I wouldn't describe Malkin or Modano as mean. What about Fedorov? Sakic? Brett Hull? Seguin has been a top scorer the last year and a half playing a game similar to Eichel or what about Tavares who fits into none of those categories. Also very few players can come into the league at 18/19 and play a physical game like your power forwards category. I think people calling Eichel generational overrated him (he's in that second tier of prospect with Mackinnon, Tavares and Stamkos), but this is absurd.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
Yeah, you clearly don't want to be here. A mere 100 posts in this thread so far. :facepalm:

I wouldn't pay him much credence....there is a great feature on this site. Clear agenda dribble not worth the time...very little hockey knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad