Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
very true.

a lot of the Eichel supporters, not necessary sabres fans, but the ones that was just Eichel >>>>> McDavid (probably because they are americans) ones have since stopped replying for a while now.

I think now that he is out, you are right. this thread will kind of die down, will be a little easier for them to just drop by, and there won't be much here anyways i hope, It be kinda stupid to brag about Jack at this point since Connor is hurt.

First, nobody said Eichel >>>>> McDavid

Second, Eichel fans stopped responding because there was no meaningful discussion to be had. We posted goal videos only to be told how bad the D were on that play. We posted near assists only to be told the pass should have been better. We posted dangles only to be told they mean nothing without the finish. We posted stats only to be told those stats mean nothing. And you wonder why they stopped posting.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
3-4 month return. Bad fracture. Eichel has some time to catch up.

tripleX

Feb 22, 2010

Second, Eichel fans stopped responding because there was no meaningful discussion to be had. We posted goal videos only to be told how bad the D were on that play. We posted near assists only to be told the pass should have been better. We posted dangles only to be told they mean nothing without the finish. We posted stats only to be told those stats mean nothing. And you wonder why they stopped posting.

And when a neutral fan comes to this thread and says something good about Eichel without even comparing him to McDavid, he got attacked and questioned whether he is really neutral.

Or when others post a link to an analysis article, people would just call it cherry picking stats without even read it but use 5-3 to question the analysis when the article clearly says it only include even strength stats.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The pressure to keep pace with McDavid, stats wise. Now Eichel won't have to deal with the constant game-by-game comparisons to McDavid and hopefully that will loosen him up a bit.
I honestly don't think this situation really crosses Eichel nor McDavid's mind. The only pressure here is what the fans make between them on this forum. I haven't seen media compare them except for Sportsnet sports chart which McDavid supporters would ignore and say look at the "points".

That link below:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/analytics-compare-the-starts-of-mcdavid-eichel-and-domi/

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014

All the same posters you see discrediting Eichel constantly are actually the same ones who commented on the polls board that they would take Mackinnon over Eichel today.

It's clear now that they just don't like him. No sense in trying to reason with the haterz anymore brah

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
All the same posters you see discrediting Eichel constantly are actually the same ones who commented on the polls board that they would take Mackinnon over Eichel today.

It's clear now that they just don't like him. No sense in trying to reason with the haterz anymore brah

Yeah, I am here to talk hockey. This thread has so many childish anti-Eichel people that there is no point.

Anyone that watches Eichel and doesn't see the talent is trying too hard.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

To be honest that isn't an absurd correlation, if your not high on Eichel it makes sense to take Mackinnon over him, both have ridiculous talent and a respectable argument can be made for either.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

Maybe the reason they take Mackinnon over Eichel is because they genuinely believe he is better. That doesn't mean they don't like Eichel.

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014
Maybe the reason they take Mackinnon over Eichel is because they genuinely believe he is better. That doesn't mean they don't like Eichel.

I just find it ironic that the 3 that come here and usually say the more negative things all voted Mackinnon

He's a great player no doubt about it but the voting was 120-48 at the time in Eichel's favor:huh:

Last edited:

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
For the love of god. If there is one good thing that can come out of McDavid's injury, please let it be that this thread finally fades into oblivion.

Top 10 worst thread in HF history.

Aceonfire*

Has Eichel surpassed McDavid in points yet?

Maybe by December.

For a "generational" talent he only has 9 points in 18 games. He was -2 tonight and pointless in his last 3 games.

Hell, Tobias Rieder has more points in the same amount of games.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Maybe by December.

For a "generational" talent he only has 9 points in 18 games. He was -2 tonight and pointless in his last 3 games.

Jack Eichel looking like the Oilers rebuild.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Maybe by December.

So far his pattern has been a streaky one. Hot then cold.

Aceonfire*

Jack Eichel. Tire fire, you heard it here folks. Less than 20 games in and we declare a train wreck. Oilers are feeling good right now!

18 games in and apparently Buffalo's rebuild is over. 2 games in and apparently Eichel was >>McDavid.

It always goes both ways.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I actually thought Eichel would be better this season than McDavid. Looks like I was wrong

I do still strongly believe he's an amazing talent. I think he will end up like prime Getzlaf.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
The points might not be coming like we thought they would for Eichel but he's still scoring at a 27 goal pace. Nothing to complain about there.

I bet he has a 30-30 season. A lot of times players of that skill level will have a stretch where they put up 10 points in 5 games and inflate their totals a little. I bet he has one of those.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
The points might not be coming like we thought they would for Eichel but he's still scoring at a 27 goal pace. Nothing to complain about there.

I bet he has a 30-30 season. A lot of times players of that skill level will have a stretch where they put up 10 points in 5 games and inflate their totals a little. I bet he has one of those.

Eichel has had the misfortune of getting Ennis recently. Ennis has really been struggling and loses the puck constantly. Evander Kane will be back in a game or so and I expect Kane and Eichel to be together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad