Confirmed Trade: [COL/PHI] Sean Walker and 2026 5th round pick for 2025 1st round pick (top 10 protected) and Ryan Johansen

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Is your fan base generally as insufferable as they show on HFBoards? I always thought of Colorado as a cool market with easy going fans.
How so? fans telling us this/that player wont succeed with the Avs have been proven wrong FAR more than they'be been right.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I lampooned the RyJo trade the day it happened.

If a guy known to float is admittedly punted by a team taken over by Emperor Trotz on one side and traded to team #3 that immediately waives him on the other, team #2 missed the bulletin.

Middlestadt is no Kadri, but it looks better. They have someone who can cosplay Jerry Lundegaard now, too.

1709770875748.png
1709770959018.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Is your fan base generally as insufferable as they show on HFBoards? I always thought of Colorado as a cool market with easy going fans.

As an Avs fan and Philly native, I feel pretty comfortable saying that most Avs fans are far more chill than you're experiencing. It's only been recently that I've found Flyers fans more welcoming of anyone that wasn't their own. There's a stigma that hasn't worn off there yet that I wouldn't be surprised if other fans still defensively recoiled over.

Very interested to see what Briere does with his plethora of draft assets. We might finally see Philly construct a team that can last for a little while under Danny versus the constant retooling of old.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm very curious to see how Walker performs in Colorado. Is he Manson 2.0 or a bust?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
My god... Avs 'upgraded' from Byram for Walker? I'd rather have Byram long term.
Avs aren't trying to win in 3-5 years. Their window is now, and Walker is having an excellent season thus far as a great puck mover who defends the rush pretty well. At worst, right now, he's a sidegrade from Byram. And Mitt is a clear upgrade from RyJo.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
1: "This player was only good because of our staff. He's going to regress! He sucks ass really"

2: "I don't quite think that's the case"

1: "You're a prick!"

I did not make the original comment (1).. but by all means, you’re not the only Avs fan who has done this so far, so please continue.

Also hilarious that (2) is how you define it.. it was more like “look how amazing our franchise is and how big of a piece of shit yours is.” Classy. Wasn’t too long you guys were bottom feeders. I guess a cup changes you.

Reactions: lionsDen

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
We have to wait for the Hanifin trade to by finalized but so far it’s looking like a similar return

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Props to Sean Walker, he was a good defender in his time with the Flyers.

Flyers defense takes a hit with Walker gone, now it’s a matter if the Flyers can hold onto a playoff berth in the standings.

Philly has a really tough schedule coming up so will see if they can keep their place in the standings or fold without certain defenders who have helped the Flyers get to where they are now in the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad