Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Was curios- The Cleveland Monster's are the worst team in the AHL now in terms of total points and win percentage. In their last 10 games they are 2-7-1.
They are the worst team in terms of goals scored (9 less than the 2nd worst team). They have a -35 goal differential this year.

To the fans on here that are "more in the know"- Does anyone think the Jacket's might fire John Madden in the off-season?

Since, we might as well look ahead to next season Likely prospect additions next season- Stenlund, Abramov, Fortier. Possible additions- Peeke, Davidsson. I don't believe I am missing anyone at this time.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Madden's fate probably rests more on how well the Monsters fulfilled the Blue Jackets' developmental goals than the team's record. Keep in mind that this is a farm team.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Maybe Hue Jackson can help out in his spare time.

In all seriousness, it's great to see the Monsters drawing like they do. I went to a few games of the Barons at Gund (sorry, that's what I still call it) and there were a couple of hundred there during the week night games. I went to a few Monsters games and the weekend games had outstanding attendance.

I heard one of the great heckels of all time directed at Jiri Hudler when he played for Grand Rapids. I will not disclose it. Too non PC for most these days. LOL. Heckling players in a "crowd" of less than 500 could be a blast. They could only pretend not to hear you.

Do the Hansen Bros. lookalikes still roller blade through the concourse during intermission?

Last edited:

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Aaaaannnnnd looks like they're back to sucking tonight, down 2-0 in the first 3'40" of the game.

EDIT: 3-1

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I saw that Kukan made the AHL All Star team. He was the only Monster so I wasn't sure if he was selected on merit or was the designated Monster.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Second game road trip and another loss...
John Madden, let's go! More losses, good and different.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
4-3 SO loss.

On a side note, the guy who scored the shootout goal for Rockford, Anthony Louis, is listed at 5'7", 151 lbs. :whaaa?:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Not a good effort from Korpisalo. Hopefully, Joonas' struggles were due to him working on specific development goals and not because he's so cold that he can't even play well in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad