Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
faceoff soon in Des Moines (Iowa Wild)

lines

T. Broadhurst-A.Broadhurst-Kurker
Bittner-Camper-Koules
Scott-Vigneault-Hodgson
Gallant-Maletta-Thurkauf
Moutrey. MacIntyre, Pendenza (scratches) - Moutrey and Pendenza may be hurt (didn't play last night, neither did MacIntyre, but him being a healthy scratch isn't unusual)

Somerby-Siebenaler
Benoit-Gaunce
Carlsson-Ramage
Collins (scratch) - not sure if injured, didn't play last night
Austin (injury) - required stitches following an injury last night in Rockford, shouldn't be absent from the line up for long

Kivlenieks
Kulbakov
Thieesen (injury)

"A"s - Camper, Gallant, Benoit

If Kurker keeps playing like he has his first two games, he may earn an SPC for the rest of the season.

Reactions: CBJSTH

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'm hoping to attend a practice early MLK week. I'll have a better handle on the Monsters' injury situation then.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
So, seven games road trip is over. My predict(0-7-0 or 0-6-1) is failed. We got 2-4-1. Kudos John Madden, your Louis A. R. Pieri Memorial Award upcoming.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
36 games into the season and the Monsters currently have a -40 goal differential. Dead last in the AHL

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
36 games into the season and the Monsters currently have a -40 goal differential. Dead last in the AHL

This does not bode well for the future...cue "all of our good prospects are playing overseas or in juniors"

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
The prospect pool is also a bit thinner than the last few years due to all the graduations, a few traded picks recently, and some outright misses at the back end of the draft. Still: This isn't good enough and the Jackets should consider making major changes at Cleveland. Losing every night can't be good for the development of what prospects there are there.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The prospect pool is also a bit thinner than the last few years due to all the graduations, a few traded picks recently, and some outright misses at the back end of the draft. Still: This isn't good enough and the Jackets should consider making major changes at Cleveland. Losing every night can't be good for the development of what prospects there are there.

This is a good point. The players who came through Cleveland the last two years have been on a Cup-winning team and/or a team that nearly made the playoffs. They expect winning. They're used to it.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jarmo finally decides to go all-in.
No, no. If you're going to make a snarky comment about a nothing trade like this, you need proper context. Ramage is 26, therefore it's clear what we're actually doing is selling off veterans for the future, demonstrating that Kekalainen has already given up on this season but is trying to keep us from noticing so that we keep buying tickets. :nod:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Another trade! Jackets have traded "future considerations" for goalie Jeff Zatkoff. Zatkoff was the 3rd goalie for the Reign this year, so he hasn't played in any games this year (AHL or NHL). But, hopefully this helps the Monster's out a little bit. Of course, some more offense would help too.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
What's the situation with the Monsters and veterans? Did they need to trade a vet to be able to add a veteran goalie?

I looked up the veteran rule on FAQ | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Heads up: tonight's game vs Iowa is being shown on FS Ohio (both versions). I am just happy to be able to watch an actual game as the skills competition does nothing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad