Claude Julien, Marc Bergevin incredibly Pigheaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
French media? What are you even talking about? I don't even have the cable...

The media isn’t just TV. And how would you come to the conclusion Subban was a problem in the locker room if it wasn’t threw the media? Nobody within the organization has come out and said Subban was a problem other then the media, specifically the francophone media.

Reactions: Pickles and Habs178

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The media isn’t just TV. And how would you come to the conclusion Subban was a problem in the locker room if it wasn’t threw the media? Nobody within the organization has come out and said Subban was a problem other then the media, specifically the francophone media.
It was Bergevin that hated Subban and he had his minions in the media portray the man in every false ridiculous unflattering manner that they could come up with. Bergevin is poison.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Alzner and Benn are perfect examples of why "1-way" players are not consider top players.

Earlier in this thread I pointed out that goals against are exactly equal and opposite to goals for. This is why it is important to play both ends of the ice.

Last year on a winning team, Galchenyuk got a pile of points, and the team was STILL leaking goals while he was out there.

Point producers are tough to find so I don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater here but goals don't win you games if you are leaking them to the other team faster than you can score them.

And how did the team do with Galchenyuk with Galchenyuk as a C? Especially compared to Drouin. What you said is somewhat true but doesn't make sense since the talk here is Galchenyuk is a better option as C than Drouin.

Look up for the team record as a C compared to wing. And compared the team record between chucky and Drouin as a C.. doesn't make sense that we are forcing Drouin there

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
If someone who makes pretty graphs could make a time line graph of the takes this year would be so beautiful to see.

MB will re-sign Markov and Radulov

This team has good offence don’t worry

Alzner is the most reliable D man for Petry

Hemsky and Streit will replace Markov and Radulov productions

No way MB goes into the season with 8m cap space

Relax it’s just preseason

MB can land a big fish at the deadline with all this cap space

MB will use the cap space to his advantage at the trade deadline

It’s Price fault we are so bad

I’m sure there is many more but it’s been quite a entertaining and sad season at the same time.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Clearly Marchand matured! I'm done here... Get a clue or something...
Since you are a pro for recognizing if a player matured or not you should be able to tell me what did Subban changed since the trade? His body? His mind? And howso?

If there is one guy who wont change for anybody it's Subban. .he's still the same guy he was here. He doesn't need to put the team on his back anymore .

"he matured" -Belial

Explain For f*** sakes..

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Since you are a pro for recognizing if a player matured or not you should be able to tell me what did Subban changed since the trade? His body? His mind? And howso?

If there is one guy who wont change for anybody it's Subban. .he's still the same guy he was here. He doesn't need to put the team on his back anymore .

"he matured" -Belial

Explain For **** sakes..
He can’t. It’s the purple kool-aid. And rose coloured glasses.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With no end in sight for the destruction I am starting to wonder about whether I watch this team next season

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Hemsky and Streit will replace Markov and Radulov productions
To be fair it was something along the lines of "Lehkonen, Hudon and Hemsky will replace Radulov production by comitee " :laugh:

Wich was stupid at the time and even moreso now...

Radulov: with habs 54 points in 76 games

Lehkonen, Hudon,(Let's put Deslauriers here to be fair since Hemsky has been injured):

48 points total in 154 games

Reactions: Peanut

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Marinaro pushed that agenda for a while...even knuckles.

I say, if Subban had a problem with the rest of the team...trade the rest of the team.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
And how did the team do with Galchenyuk with Galchenyuk as a C? Especially compared to Drouin. What you said is somewhat true but doesn't make sense since the talk here is Galchenyuk is a better option as C than Drouin.

Look up for the team record as a C compared to wing. And compared the team record between chucky and Drouin as a C.. doesn't make sense that we are forcing Drouin there

I already said that I take Chuck at C over Drouin every day. I already agreed that management is playing these guys in the specific roles they are in because they are indeed stubborn (more specifically trying to save face). I don't agree that Galchenyuk moving from wing to center helps the team. I pointed out that while Chuck was playing center last year, the team was playing winning hockey, except when he was on the ice. The team leaks goals when he is out there.
Could he still improve...yes. Could he be playing center now to improve....sure. Should we count on him to be a top center...nope. That ship has been sailing away for the last 5 years. Management was stubborn and didn't develop Chuck at center, so we have a winger and a bunch of fans as stubborn as Berg trying to rewrite what is already written.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It was Bergevin that hated Subban and he had his minions in the media portray the man in every false ridiculous unflattering manner that they could come up with. Bergevin is poison.
Sorry, but this management/media conspiracy theory has to be put to rest already. There are enough legit issues with our GM without creating fables that he was colluding with the media to take down Subban. The biggest stars in the game have been traded over the years -- including a few Habs -- without being victimized by management. This stuff is fan-fiction.

Reactions: Amerika

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Marinaro pushed that agenda for a while...even knuckles.

I say, if Subban had a problem with the rest of the team...trade the rest of the team.

I thought Knuckles was pushing the hardest that PK was trouble in the room. Tony was really early though on suggesting PK would be traded. I remember wondering how on earth he would even come up with nonsense like that. It seemed impossible. Shows what I know I guess.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sorry, but this management/media conspiracy theory has to be put to rest already. There are enough legit issues with our GM without creating fables that he was colluding with the media to take down Subban. The biggest stars in the game have been traded over the years -- including a few Habs -- without being victimized by management. This stuff is fan-fiction.
The beauty of freedom of speech is that Lshap can write what he wants and so can oldcraig71. I know people that know Bergevin from his Chicago days and I can tell you through personal contacts that the bridge deal of Subban and his subsequent trade out of Montreal was no fluke and of course I can be called yet another blowhard on the internet that can say anything without consequence and we will leave it at that. There were other factors at play in this deal.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The beauty of freedom of speech is that Lshap can write what he wants and so can oldcraig71. I know people that know Bergevin from his Chicago days and I can tell you through personal contacts that the bridge deal of Subban and his subsequent trade out of Montreal was no fluke and of course I can be called yet another blowhard on the internet that can say anything without consequence and we will leave it at that. There were other factors at play in this deal.

Nobody's calling the trade a '' fluke '' or that Subban was an angel (I doubt he was) but what you're proposing is entirely different.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Did anyone see that mean tweet video? At the end the tweet said "Geoff Molson is the worst owner" and Molsons response is something along the lines of, "Theres only 1 like, so well done".

Reactions: ItzaGreat

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I'd agree that in most cases it's mostly about hockey. I feel Subban's case was different as there was a public antipathy towards him by Bergevin and Therrien, and several other very suspicious behaviours such as not endorsing PK for the Olympic team and basically ignoring his Norris.

These are not typical behaviours and frankly, with the 2 fine fellows I mentioned, the smoke we saw was from fires they started.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'll see what I can do about that freedom of speech thing. :naughty:

Seriously, many of us know people who know people. Which is exactly what the media based their info on, by the way, and I'd bet their sources are better than ours. It's sometimes fun to go with the sensationalized rumours, but I prefer sticking within established precedents. In a league where everyone from Gretzky to Espo to Roy to Bourque to Messier have been traded without personal crap trailing behind them, why would a secret smear campaign be invented for PK Subban? There's zero evidence of it, and zero logic.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I thought Knuckles was pushing the hardest that PK was trouble in the room. Tony was really early though on suggesting PK would be traded. I remember wondering how on earth he would even come up with nonsense like that. It seemed impossible. Shows what I know I guess.

I said it from the beginning, Bergevin used Marinaro as a pawn in his little game to get Subban trade. He got him to launch that balloon amongst the Anglo-fan base to soften the stance on PK and try to undermine his fans.

Only thing is, most of us see through it, and most of us have more respect for PK than the Habs organization now.

Well done, Marc Dunning-Kruger-Bergevin.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'd agree that in most cases it's mostly about hockey. I feel Subban's case was different as there was a public antipathy towards him by Bergevin and Therrien, and several other very suspicious behaviours such as not endorsing PK for the Olympic team and basically ignoring his Norris.

These are not typical behaviours and frankly, with the 2 fine fellows I mentioned, the smoke we saw was from fires they started.
Plenty of players didn't make the Olympics. Were all of them victims of management? Yes, it was pretty clear Therrien had a problem with PK, but the accusation was that the media colluded with management in a secret plot to undermine a player. That's simply make-believe.

Reactions: Amerika

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I said it from the beginning, Bergevin used Marinaro as a pawn in his little game to get Subban trade. He got him to launch that balloon amongst the Anglo-fan base to soften the stance on PK and try to undermine his fans.

Only thing is, most of us see through it, and most of us have more respect for PK than the Habs organization now.

Well done, Marc Dunning-Kruger-Bergevin.
What did Bergevin say to Marinaro?

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009

Before I read this I was imagining the deterioration of that relationship. My mind went straight to that bridge deal. Imagine two guys with fairly hefty egos negotiating that silly 2 year slap in the face of a show me contract. Then imagine what happens when Subban turns around and wins the Norris and puts Bergy over a barrel for a new contract. Ah.... to be a fly on the wall. For all I know, they were best buds... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad