Claude Julien, Marc Bergevin incredibly Pigheaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
LOL Chuck never got A WHOLE SEASON. NOT ONE TIME!!!!! And he was soooooooooooooooooo much better at center than Drouin. MILES better. But keep on keepin on with your bull****.
Last year he played the whole year at center..

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Yes but in all due fairness, they had Krejci and Bergeron in Boston. So, I can somewhat understand the logic. But here...we have Danault and a winger who shouldn't play center..Heck, we even had freaking byron there at some point. It's not comparable. I can't think this is coming from Julien. I think this is coming from Bergevin.

Seguin could have played 3C behind them in 12-13. I think he took less than 50 faceoffs while Rich Peverley, Chris Kelly, and Gregory Campbell took a 1000 combined in the shortened season.

He didn't even try to give him any time at centre. Sounds familiar eh?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yesterday was the time to try Galchenyuk at C (Danault not playing). They are really scarred that it could work, that way they won´t need to explain why they haven´t done it before during the season if Galchenyuk should work at C. Galchenyuk was playing better at C whent he played then Drouin. Drouin is more a winger so why not try. What can we lose? When you Google Pigheaded, it should come up with the faces of Claude Julien and Marc Bergevin in top of the list. I´m this close on changing team and i´m 47 with the heart stamped with the CH but can´t accept what is happening this year.

DXXU1iHV4AA2oy4.jpg

Marc Bergevin is Donald Trump , he won't admit to something even when he is wrong just out of ego.
He said that Drouin can play C and there he is playing top minutes while producing like a barely top 9 forward , while being beyond bad defensively.
He also said Galchenyuk won't play C but the following players have played C this season : Hudon/Byron/DLR/Carr/Froese/35 year old Plekanec/Shaw/Drouin , the only true C we have nowadays is Danault and he is at best a 2nd liner on an average team.

Let the kids play , we obviously aren't making the playoffs (we were so close too :sarcasm:) , I want to see this until the end of the season :

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Byron- Hudon - Carr
Deslauriers - DLR - A.Shaw

Scratch: Froese/L.Shaw

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
There is no doubt that Galchenyuk struggled since returning, but he STILL produced. Was he so bad that he should be on the 4th line on an offense starved team? Absolutely not. I mean we played Dwight King ahead of him in some games, that is sickening.
Anyone with a brain can see this. It amazes me that people being paid the big bucks can't. Doesn't surprise me that some fans can't. They just keep slurping the kool-aid with their rose coloured glasses on.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Last year he played the whole year at center..

This is a lie...

He played 24 games until his injury , where he was top 15 in the NHL for points and goals.
He played 37 more games to finish the season , his first 10-12 games were at C where it was obvious that his timing was off and his knee was far from 100%.
New coach comes in and within 10 games he is demoted to the 4th line and this is also extended to the playoffs until I believe game 5?
So he played 45 games at C and had his best year for ppg , his stats have been going up year over year for 4 years now until this season...Sad to see how he is treated when he is obviously progressing and gets a lot of undeserved hate for what is supposed to be our 24 year old , 3rd overall pick. I'm very afraid what this means for the treatment of our upcoming top 10 pick...Galchenyuk mismanaged , Sergachev traded for a local player with less value (imo) and now an excellent 2018 draft...Not looking very promising , when you consider who is making and managing the pick.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ah noooo....he did not. But nice try!

This is a lie...

He played 24 games until his injury , where he was top 15 in the NHL for points and goals.
He played 37 more games to finish the season , about 10 of which were at C where it was obvious that his timing was off and his knee was far from 100%.
New coach comes in and within 10 games he is demoted to the 4th line and this is also extended to the playoffs until I believe game 5?
So he played 45 games at C and had his best year for ppg , his stats have been going up year over year for 4 years now until this season...Sad to see how he is treated when he is obviously progressing and gets a lot of undeserved hate for what is supposed to be our 24 year old , 3rd overall pick. I'm very afraid what this means for the treatment of our upcoming top 10 pick...Galchenyuk mismanaged , Sergachev traded for a local player with less value (imo) and now an excellent 2018 draft...Not looking very promising , when you consider who is making and managing the pick.

No he didn't fail. Are you oblivious on purpose

Ohhhhh come on guys.... He played 9 games on the wing and freaking 52 at center! Keep trying though... Chucky is the best :clap:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's amazing how many times the same thread can be made here

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Ohhhhh come on guys.... He played 9 games on the wing and freaking 52 at center! Keep trying though... Chucky is the best :clap:

The best part is how even if your stats are correct (they aren't) he still had his best ppg ratio that season. Proving he is a much better C at least in terms of point production. Do you think Drouin is a better option at C?

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Riiiiiiight. But lets be patient with Drouin. I'm so sick of the double standards from fans and management.

Drouin is a winger too.

Management is trying (and failing) to save face on that experiment too.

I know people will point out that Chuck scores more at center, but hockey games are won by by increasing "NET" goals for. Goals against are exactly equal and opposite to goals for.

I understand the calls for more talent and scoring on this impotent team, but "two-way" is not a dirty word. If we want the habs to win we need centers who are winners for 200 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad