Claude Julien, Marc Bergevin incredibly Pigheaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Larry Carriere the one giving the order to play 17 players at center this year before Galchenyuk, even though Chucky wants another opportunity at center?

Is he the one who decided to trade Subban and Sergachev? To trade 2 early 2nds for Andrew Shaw?

Was he the one negotiating with Radulov and Markov and decided to tell them their final offer was first come first served and they can take it or walk?

I'm sure firing Larry Carriere will make a huge difference. Not.

Carriere still needs to go. Whether MB stays or not, Carriere needs to go.

Reactions: cashinstinct

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Carriere still needs to go. Whether MB stays or not, Carriere needs to go.

Fair enough. At the end of the day I'm pretty simple minded about this stuff: if we don't get Dahlin and Tavares, I want us to suck as much as possible as early as possible next year so Bergevin gets fired as soon as possible.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I can't believe Larry Carriere has a job with this team. He was basically Gauthier's lackey. Can't believe he survived the purge.

Same here. Initially, I thought he was kept because they needed someone in management in order to have some sort of continuity with the players and prospects that the previous regime had brought in. But at this juncture, he needs to go.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Is Larry Carriere the one giving the order to play 17 players at center this year before Galchenyuk, even though Chucky wants another opportunity at center?

Is he the one who decided to trade Subban and Sergachev? To trade 2 early 2nds for Andrew Shaw?

Was he the one negotiating with Radulov and Markov and decided to tell them their final offer was first come first served and they can take it or walk?

Are you saying they should remove the brain tumour first and worry about the ugly mole at a later time?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

better keep a bad employee cause the difference is not huge enough I guess...

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
With all the talk of the players and GM, thought it would be good to bump the coaching thread.

IMHO, i think coaching is thing is the most important thing for the Habs to return to glory. We don't have the caliber of top end players as Tampa, Toronto and Buffalo. Possibly in the same boat as detroit & Florida. Things can change, but as of right now we're not winning strictly with the talents of our players.

When the Habs were beating the Bruins in the early 2000s, I think it had more to do with coaching.

I see three main things the coaches need to do
1 - come up with a strategy to optimize the personnel we do have
2 - communication- instill a team mentality where everyone is playing for one another.
3 - develop the talent we do have properly

That being said. Is Claude the guy to do it? Is he too old school? How much will Bouchard and Ducharme help?

Its hard to get excited about this team these days, but these two guys give me hope. I just hope they aren't handcuffed too much by julien and bergevin.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
With all the talk of the players and GM, thought it would be good to bump the coaching thread.

IMHO, i think coaching is thing is the most important thing for the Habs to return to glory. We don't have the caliber of top end players as Tampa, Toronto and Buffalo. Possibly in the same boat as detroit & Florida. Things can change, but as of right now we're not winning strictly with the talents of our players.

When the Habs were beating the Bruins in the early 2000s, I think it had more to do with coaching.

I see three main things the coaches need to do
1 - come up with a strategy to optimize the personnel we do have
2 - communication- instill a team mentality where everyone is playing for one another.
3 - develop the talent we do have properly

That being said. Is Claude the guy to do it? Is he too old school? How much will Bouchard and Ducharme help?

Its hard to get excited about this team these days, but these two guys give me hope. I just hope they aren't handcuffed too much by julien and bergevin.

I think CJ is a good coach but never thought he was right for the team. He prefers a collapsing zone system and at least last year, with all the turnovers in personnel, players used to man-to-man coverage and inexperience of a lot of players, this worked terribly. Therrien wasn't too different in his system but his wingers did commit more to pressuring the point. This meant tenured players had to unlearn years of MT teachings (yes, an oxymoron).

This year has even more new faces. With CJ demanding a lot from his forwards, especially his centers, I'm not sure we have the tools to do it. I commented in another thread I don't see this as a team being built for the way CJ wants to play. Players should be played to their strengths, and if CJ wants/needs 200-ft players, we should have gotten those instead of shoe-horning skilled offensive players into roles they won't succeed in.

I get it, everyone does have to play defence as this isn't old-time 80's hockey anymore, but CJ has to stop complaining in PUBLIC interviews that he doesn't have a Bergeron on the team.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I know he's not unanimous here...but I really like seeing him lose his mind and yell at the Refs after some bad calls.
Used to piss me off so much when he did that as the Bruins coach...love seeing it for us though.
Therrien was so annoying with his dumb blind stare.

Reactions: HabsQC and the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad