Claude Julien, Marc Bergevin incredibly Pigheaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Drouin is a winger too.

Management is trying (and failing) to save face on that experiment too.

I know people will point out that Chuck scores more at center, but hockey games are won by by increasing "NET" goals for. Goals against are exactly equal and opposite to goals for.

I understand the calls for more talent and scoring on this impotent team, but "two-way" is not a dirty word. If we want the habs to win we need centers who are winners for 200 feet.
Galchenyuk will never develop a 2 way game at center if he's never played at center. Yzerman sucked ass at 2 way hockey too but they kept him at center and that turned out ok.

Playing Drouin at center over Galchenyuk leaves us with the same deficiencies defensively but with the offence of Patrick Poulin.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yes he was. Top 10 in the NHL. But nooo he's terrible at center. Stupid management/coaching staff.

I beg to differ. They're not stupid, they're incompetent to a degree seldom seen in pro sports. They do think we're stupid though, because they keep feeding us lies, excuses, and other assorted garbage. Fortunately, all but a few refuse to eat it.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Drouin is a winger too.

Management is trying (and failing) to save face on that experiment too.

I know people will point out that Chuck scores more at center, but hockey games are won by by increasing "NET" goals for. Goals against are exactly equal and opposite to goals for.

I understand the calls for more talent and scoring on this impotent team, but "two-way" is not a dirty word. If we want the habs to win we need centers who are winners for 200 feet.
Last year he played 61 games and ended the season -5. Craaaaaaazy shortcomings on the defemsive side. And when he was center up until his injury what was the team record? Were they losing? No....not so much. The defensive part of his game used as an excuse to say “he’s a winger” is utter bullshit.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
I respect all of you trying to fight the good fight against the biggest Galchenyuk basher but it’s not worth it with all the facts you post. Especially the way the poster will defend golden boy Drouin for having worst stats and performance.

Kind of like when you all try to show how bad MB prospect development has been with another poster and how garbage the Habs prospects are.

No matter how many facts you prove you aren’t gonna change their mind.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Galchenyuk will never develop a 2 way game at center if he's never played at center. Yzerman sucked ass at 2 way hockey too but they kept him at center and that turned out ok.

Playing Drouin at center over Galchenyuk leaves us with the same deficiencies defensively but with the offence of Patrick Poulin.

I basically agree with you though. I mean if you ask me to choose between Chuck and Drouin at center I take Chuck every time. My point is that this is not quite the fantasy winning move that some think it is.

In an ideal world we go back in time and put Chuck at center in his second year. Actually, probably in an ideal world we leave him in junior and let him play in the AHL as a center for his first pro year. You know, develop a player in situations where he can succeed and lead. I think this management repeatedly makes the mistake of bringing guys in too fast.

Anyway, I'd be happy to see Chuck at center for the rest of the season, working on his 200ft game, etc. The idea that he is some great center is exaggerated though. It is irrelevant for now though because Galchenyuk wont go to center for the same reason that Drouin will stay at center; To save face for management.

Reactions: Pickles

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I respect all of you trying to fight the good fight against the biggest Galchenyuk basher but it’s not worth it with all the facts you post. Especially the way the poster will defend golden boy Drouin for having worst stats and performance.

Kind of like when you all try to show how bad MB prospect development has been with another poster and how garbage the Habs prospects are.

No matter how many facts you prove you aren’t gonna change their mind.

Geez man , I don't give a f*** about Drouin!

You're just so focused on your Golden Boy that it's sickening!

They both suck balls!!!!

Facts? Really? You want facts about your Golden Boy? What a joke....

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Last year he played 61 games and ended the season -5. Craaaaaaazy shortcomings on the defemsive side. And when he was center up until his injury what was the team record? Were they losing? No....not so much. The defensive part of his game used as an excuse to say “he’s a winger” is utter bull****.

I hate to be a wet blanket here but the team was +26. Chuck basically had the worst +/- on the team. -5 means that at even strenght our winning habs were playing losing hockey with Galchenyuk on the ice. The only guys that were worse defensively were the pile of plugs that played a game here and there for us.

Not directed at Habs 178 specifically but he amount of white knighting for Galchenyuk is hilarious. I mean I like the player, and he has been given some lumps he doesn't deserve, but he is also a flawed player....like all the rest.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Theres nothing more frustrating than the development of Galchenyuk, when given the opportunity he has excelled at center, but management cant wait to throw him back on the wing, the guy has the shortest leash I’ve ever seen. Desharnais would dissapear for weeks at a time before being scratched, and be back centering the top line after 2 games, Galchenyuk comes out at a ppg pace suffers a serious injury, and finds himself playing wing on the 4th line, how can anyone justify that? The media in any other city would crucify bergevin for the decisions he’s making, but in Montreal they just toe the company line, cant piss off the habs brass, Bergevin and Julien “sont des homme chez nous” if MB/Julien dont see a future at C for him than at the very least play him there to raise his trade value.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Relax it’s just pre season

I'm pretty relaxed, do you have something to actually prove your point or something? Nothing as usual?
The same advanced stats you denied when you got proven Subban wa better than Weber at the time of the trade?

The cancer was traded for non hockey issues and Gally confirmed it a couple of weeks ago! Keep being blind though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad