Value of: Christopher Tanev to Toronto

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
This thread is exactly why Leafs are going the drafting and developing route.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
If it takes a player like McCann to get Gudbranson and Hall to get Larsson then Tanev could easily fetch Nylander + Marner. Tanev is underrated.

Holy ****. Nylander PLUS Marner? Bahahaha hahaha

If it costs either one of Nylander or Marne, I'd have no problem walking away

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Holy ****. Nylander PLUS Marner? Bahahaha hahaha

If it costs either one of Nylander or Marne, I'd have no problem walking away

I'm sorry. I never meant for it to get this bad. I just tried to get some agreement on value but this thread has turned nuts, lol. I'm so, so sorry.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
In terms of player values I think this is pretty close. Fair value is set by the open market, though... so it would depend on what offers Benning would receive from other teams as well.

There would probably have to be a small addition from the Leafs side of things but the basis of the deal would definitely not involve Nylander or Marner. That's laughable and would immediately involve Lou hanging up the phone. Lol

What's laughable is a leafs 1st round pick being a main piece in a trade for Tanev, Tanev playing on the leafs makes them at the very least a borderline playoff team, which makes that pick a mid rounder, not even close to enough to get Tanev.

As it has been said, we don't want to trade him, which means if your team wants him you overpay, ie. your giving up a player you don't want to.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Yep, GM's totally base value on one single play...:sarcasm:

That's what the sarcasm face was for, but looking at it now I can see you'd think I meant it just for the last part of my post.

That proposal is still ridiculous. Two forwards who project to be 60+ scores, one a centre, for a one dimensional defenseman. I don't care how good defensively he is, no 20 point defenseman is worth that much.

You also severely undeeestimate Leafs-LuckTM. Once that pick is in the hands of another team it's guaranteed to be high, regardless of who we traded it for.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Bozak+2nd+B prospect

Or

Kadri+3rd+B prospect

Or

Gardiner + B prospect.

Is all I'd feel comfortable trading for a great defensive, 1 dimensional defenseman.

Does any of that interest the Canucks?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Bozak+2nd+B prospect

Or

Kadri+3rd+B prospect

Or

Gardiner + B prospect.

Is all I'd feel comfortable trading for a great defensive, 1 dimensional defenseman.

No. :help:

We don't want to trade Tanev, only thing that will interest us are players your team won't give up.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
That's what the sarcasm face was for, but looking at it now I can see you'd think I meant it just for the last part of my post.

That proposal is still ridiculous. Two forwards who project to be 60+ scores, one a centre, for a one dimensional defenseman. I don't care how good defensively he is, no 20 point defenseman is worth that much.

You also severely undeeestimate Leafs-LuckTM. Once that pick is in the hands of another team it's guaranteed to be high, regardless of who we traded it for.

I responded to your sarcasm with sarcasm, I thought that was clear.

Great, we'll keep our defensive defenseman, you keep your two superstars.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Tanev will be 30+ when the Canucks finally decide to rebuild.

We can speculate on trades then.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
What's laughable is a leafs 1st round pick being a main piece in a trade for Tanev, Tanev playing on the leafs makes them at the very least a borderline playoff team, which makes that pick a mid rounder, not even close to enough to get Tanev.

As it has been said, we don't want to trade him, which means if your team wants him you overpay, ie. your giving up a player you don't want to.

That would make Tanev a bigger miracle worker than Jesus....and that Jesus guy was pretty good....

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
That would make Tanev a bigger miracle worker than Jesus....and that Jesus guy was pretty good....

I said you would be a borderline playoff team, not a contender, :help: if you can't see that having a top pairing of Rielly/Tanev would make a big difference, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Bozak+2nd+B prospect

Or

Kadri+3rd+B prospect

Or

Gardiner + B prospect.

200.gif

Simply no deal to be made. Terrible proposal in the OP and no common ground to found afterwards. This thread was an immense waste of time.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I said you would be a borderline playoff team, not a contender, :help: if you can't see that having a top pairing of Rielly/Tanev would make a big difference, then I don't know what to tell ya.

As i said, he'd be an improvement. I have been wishing him to TO for quite some time....but it doesn't make sense to pay the big price at this stage of our build. The goal isn't to be "borderline" this season, it's to contend in the future. Trading Marner/Nylander isn't an answer to anything....continuing to build via the draft is.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
As i said, he'd be an improvement. I have been wishing him to TO for quite some time....but it doesn't make sense to pay the big price at this stage of our build. The goal isn't to be "borderline" this season, it's to contend in the future. Trading Marner/Nylander isn't an answer to anything....continuing to build via the draft is.

Oh I totally agree, and that's why I have said through out this thread that there is no way the leafs would do it. My point was made due to one of your fans offering up a 1st rounder, with the addition of Tanev, I think that 1st becomes a mid rounder, which isn't enough in my opinion, that was my only point.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Due to contract status' as in JVR is a UFA in a one in a half seasons, what about JVR + kap for Tanner.

Tanner....Tanev?

If so, I could get on board with that as a leaf fan. Kapanen's trade value should rise this season as he gets AHL scoring opportunity, has looked great so far

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Tanner....Tanev?

If so, I could get on board with that as a leaf fan. Kapanen's trade value should rise this season as he gets AHL scoring opportunity, has looked great so far

Doesn't Kap look like a perennial 3rd liner? I thought that I have read leafs and pens fans talk about that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad